What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
Last haul for 2017.

Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 100. I was highly skeptical but it's amazing the difference it makes in sound quality.

Not much but:

pop11754__33212.1478798068.jpg

I received my first Funko POP for Christmas and just bought Jill to add to my collection. Now I'm anticipating addiction.

I went a little crazy during many of the big sales that were going on. The Midtown Comics up to 75% off sale was one of the best ones. Picked up a ton of comic and videogame related art books that were 60-75% off. Just to name a few:

Art of Rise of Tomb Raider
Art of Fallout 4
Art of Assassins Creed Syndicate HC
Art of Assassins Creed Unity
Art of Battlefield 1
Art of Battlefield 4
Art of Bioshock Infinite
Art of Dishonored 2
Art of Gears Of War 4
Art of Halo 5 Guardians
Art of Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Art of Naughty Dog HC
Art of Prey
Art of Remember Me
Art of Recore
Art of Thief
Art of XCom 2
UDONs Art Of Capcom Complete Edition

Art Of Painted Comics HC Regular Edition
Art Collection Best Of Mike Ratera
Art Of DC Comics Bombshells
Art Of The Pulps An Illustrated History
Batman The Dark Knight The Master Race Covers Deluxe Edition
Frank Thornes Red Sonja Art Edition Vol 3 HC
Digital Art Masters Vol 9
Graphic Ink The DC Comics Art Of Ivan Reis
Spectrum 23 The Best In Contemporary Fantastic Art
Spectrum 24 The Best In Contemporary Fantastic Art
Star Wars Original Topps Trading Card Series Vol 2 Empire Strikes Back

I also got a crapload of comic related adult coloring books and like 250 comics. All in all, that was one of the best sales I have seen to date for video game related art books and comic related adult coloring books. And the sale lasted for like 4 days so just kept going back and ordering more. Already received the first big package yesterday afternoon. I just can't say no to art books.

Iron Studios Darth Vader, a superb 1/4 statue. Wasn't sure at first if I like it, but seeing more pics online, decided to go for it.

It looks fantastic, it really deserved the 2017 Statue of the Year prize at Statue Forum. Accuracy is quite reasonable, better than other statues and figures by other companies, the materials used seem to be high quality. It is one big heavy piece! I like the less mixed media present on this statue, you only have the pleather belt and the two fabric capes with wire, everything else is polystone. And the polystone is well sculpted and painted, showing intricate details of the costume. Excellent way of weathering the capes with snow, so much better than the Mythos orange Vader weathering. The base is also very impressive on its own. I think this might be one of the BEST Star Wars statues ever made, definitely the best Vader for now!

Steamed up the huge cape to remove the creases and tried to pose it the best I could so far. I also added 4 furniture pads on the base to protect it from scratches. Left hand is hard to remove if wanting to change the stance, the magnet is quite powerful. Added 3 Panasonic Eneloop batteries instead of the regular AA's, and removed all those tiny cell batteries from the belt and chestbox, which I'm afraid could leak in time. Wish the electronics would have used a single button, or at least a different way to turn on the belt and the chestbox, but I rarely use lights so is kinda ok. Not sure why the eyes seem green.

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_24.jpg

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_25.jpg

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_27.jpg

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_30.jpg

New Acquisitions! Picked up the Blitzway 1/6 scale Ghosbuster figures! Spent close to a thousand on these but damn, they're totally worth it! Also pre-ordered their 1/6 scale Ecto-1 for 1500. That sucker lights up, has sound effects and is like 4 feet long. Got a 1/6 scale Big Boss figure from the Metal Gear Series. Got the 1/10 scale R/C Batmobile! Now this thing is amazing! If anyone hasn't seen what it can do, look it up on You Tube. Light ups, engine sounds, exhaust actually has smoke come out, gatling guns make firing noise and rotate, has working suspension that raises up and down, tank cannon moves and makes effects, has a working camera to use on your tablet or smart phone This sucker is fast too!It sales for 250 but I got it for 150 on sale on Amazon!
Picked up a Licensed Excalibur Sword from the new film for 300 shipped. Fantastic sword but I'm also getting their 600$ damascus steel version too. Picked up Mezco Superman and Exclusive Tiger Striped Wolverine, both fantastic! Figuarts The Last Jedi Rey and Kylo Ren. Funko Disney Afternoon Scrooge McDuck, Baloo and Darkwing Duck.
Got a bad ass new Rifle to add to the ole arsenal.
Blitzway Ghosbusters (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghosbusters (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghosbusters (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghosbusters (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghosbusters (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghosbusters Winston (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghostbusters Ray Stantz (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghostbusters Egon (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghostbusters Peter Venkman (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghostbusters Peter Venkman (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway Ghostbusters Peter Venkman (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
IMG_6376 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
IMG_6386 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Untitled by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
IMG_6253 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
S.H, Figuarts Star Wars (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
S.H, Figuarts Star Wars (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
S.H. Figuarts Star Wars The Last Jedi Rey (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Funko Disney Afternoon Scrooge McDuck Baloo (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Funko Disney Afternoon Darkwing Duck by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Star Wars The Black Series 3.75 Royal Guards by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
McFarlane Metal Gear Solid 2 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
McFarlane Metal Gear Solid 1999 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
McFarlane Metal Gear Solid 1999 Solid Snake and Liquid Snake by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mezco Exclusive Wolverine (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mezco Exclusive Wolverine (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mezco Exclusive Wolverine (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mezco One 12 Collective Superman (3) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mezco Exclusive Wolverine (4) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Metal Boss AKA Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Metal Boss AKA Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid (14) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mattel Justice League League RC Batmobile (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mattel Justice League League RC Batmobile (4) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mattel Justice League League RC Batmobile (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mattel Justice League League RC Batmobile (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mattel Justice League League RC Batmobile (8) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Mattel Justice League League RC Batmobile (9) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
IMG_6249 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
IMG_6251 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
King Arthur Legend of the Sword - Excalibur Official Replica (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
King Arthur Legend of the Sword - Excalibur Official Replica (7) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
King Arthur Legend of the Sword - Excalibur Official Replica (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
King Arthur Legend of the Sword - Excalibur Official Replica (9) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
20171223_073553 by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Iron Studios Darth Vader, a superb 1/4 statue. Wasn't sure at first if I like it, but seeing more pics online, decided to go for it.

It looks fantastic, it really deserved the 2017 Statue of the Year prize at Statue Forum. Accuracy is quite reasonable, better than other statues and figures by other companies, the materials used seem to be high quality. It is one big heavy piece! I like the less mixed media present on this statue, you only have the pleather belt and the two fabric capes with wire, everything else is polystone. And the polystone is well sculpted and painted, showing intricate details of the costume. Excellent way of weathering the capes with snow, so much better than the Mythos orange Vader weathering. The base is also very impressive on its own. I think this might be one of the BEST Star Wars statues ever made, definitely the best Vader for now!

Steamed up the huge cape to remove the creases and tried to pose it the best I could so far. I also added 4 furniture pads on the base to protect it from scratches. Left hand is hard to remove if wanting to change the stance, the magnet is quite powerful. Added 3 Panasonic Eneloop batteries instead of the regular AA's, and removed all those tiny cell batteries from the belt and chestbox, which I'm afraid could leak in time. Wish the electronics would have used a single button, or at least a different way to turn on the belt and the chestbox, but I rarely use lights so is kinda ok. Not sure why the eyes seem green.

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_24.jpg

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_25.jpg

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_27.jpg

Iron_Studios_Darth_Vader_Legacy_statue_30.jpg

Vader will always be my favorite SW character and one of my favorite cinema villains. I thought this piece in particular looked great, more so than others that are out there, especially the lightsaber. Very nice! Looks great in those photos, nice pick-up.

Back