Whats your Favorite Rocky movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which rocky is your fave?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and do you guys remember who Marciano gave the other Cuff Link to?Mick Told Rocky it was "Some other Bum" but it was shown in one of the other movies.

I had held off a long time watching Rocky 1. It was shocking (SHOCKING!) how fantastic it was. It's staggeringly good. Nothing like I was expecting. I thought it was just another uplifting underdog sports movie, similar to the rest of them--which is fine in its own right. But the first one is so much more--such an incredible drama, romance and character study. If I ever catch it on TV, I'm still impressed at how good it is.

Rocky 1 and Rocky Balboa are my favs for actually being movies themselves.

But the best fight was Rock fighting Ivan Drago, just SO badass.

I see 1,2 and 6 as existing with one story, the underdog's rise to the top, and then finding his purpose again in 6.

Yeah i guess i can see 6 as part of 1&2.

I see 3 and 4 as almost stand alone action Rocky movies. (total 80's style)

5 is 5.

Stallone admits letting his ego take the series off track from 3 on and made 6 to bring it back.

Stallone admits letting his ego take the series off track from 3 on and made 6 to bring it back.

3 had a good story...And shows that even if you loose faith its possible to get back on your feet,and thats what this movie was all about,i really think 3 was important for the series and it had a meaning unlike 4 which had the worst possible story,avenging his Friend...:duh

Check this by the way:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CnEQWYoFP5k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CnEQWYoFP5k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3 and 4 worked well. (entertaining as hell) If they tried to be like 1&2 they probably wouldn't have worked that well. 3 was perfect cause with Hulk hogan and all, WWF was getting huge at the time. And 4 with Reagen as president and the whole cold war theme.

It's almost as if every Rocky had it's place just perfectly. (i mean the early 90's did suck ala rocky 5 :))

4 to me is the best fight, in terms of physical assault, in the whole series, 1 and 2 are the best for character relationship and all, but in terms of watching, 1 really didn't cover the fake punches well.

In terms of watching a fight where the guys kick each other's ass, I'd rank them:

6 had the worst fight,still pisses me off every time i watch it...the damn effects,ah man why sly?!?!?!

1 and 2 is the perfect underdog story,but 3 is one i consider extremly important that could have ended the saga perfectly,not because of the hype or Mr T,Hogan but because of the message it gave,if you loose faith and are broken down,anyone are able to and deserve a fresh start and get back on their feet,its not over as long as you breathe.

You like Rocky 2,3 and 4 before part 1? Really? Stallone made a Rocky 5? What? :confused: :D

I do love Rocky 1, but my biggest gripe is that he loses by decision. I know he won a moral victory, but that loss bugs me.

Rocky 3 & 4, what can I say, I'm a child of the '80s. When the Russians start chanting for Rocky, I get all teary.:monkey2

as for the fights i rank them:
6(because of the first 2 rounds)

5 isnt considered a fight,it was a street fight dammit:)

4 is definitely the best one based on Training and fight.

3 is my fave fight cause Rocky just came in and kicked his ass. He got the eye of the tiger back and just kicked his ass. He was never losing in that fight, he just let clubber hit him to wear him out. (he did fall twice, but the way he came back out of it RIGHT AWAY makes me debate if that wasn't part of the "Strategy" as well)

3 is my fave fight cause Rocky just came in and kicked his ass. He got the eye of the tiger back and just kicked his ass. He was never losing in that fight, he just let clubber hit him to wear him out. (he did fall twice, but the way he came back out of it RIGHT AWAY makes me debate if that wasn't part of the "Strategy" as well)

its a funny twist in this video:)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9xcykZEvNIU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9xcykZEvNIU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back