Whats your favorite Hot Toys 1/6, and why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's exceptions of course, your Mark Is and your Iron Mongers, but for the most part its just variations of a red and gold robot. They look simplistic. It doesn't look like as much work and care is required to go into them as a human figure, particularly one like Jack Sparrow with those outfits.
They may seem that way at a glance, but if you had the Mark VI or VII in-hand, and could see all the different details and options those guys have you might change your tune a bit. The way the feet are designed, the way the shoulders move, the light-up gimmickry (even though I could live without it, I get the appeal), the way you can switch out different bits of armor to create an entirely different looking figure. But comparing them to a regular human wearing clothes is kind of an apples to oranges thing. In the case of Sparrow (one of HT's best IMO, if not the best) the real things that stand out are accessories and tailoring on his outfit. With the Iron Men, it's all about armor design and options.

I'm not even the biggest Iron Man collector (by a very long stretch--I just want one in my collection to pose with my other Marvel guys), but I can see the value, and HT clearly brings a lot of care and attention to those figures in the design department. Just look at this:

bbhaVez.jpg

They may seem that way at a glance, but if you had the Mark VI or VII in-hand, and could see all the different details and options those guys have you might change your tune a bit. The way the feet are designed, the way the shoulders move, the light-up gimmickry (even though I could live without it, I get the appeal), the way you can switch out different bits of armor to create an entirely different looking figure. But comparing them to a regular human wearing clothes is kind of an apples to oranges thing. In the case of Sparrow (one of HT's best IMO, if not the best) the real things that stand out are accessories and tailoring on his outfit. With the Iron Men, it's all about armor design and options.

I'm not even the biggest Iron Man collector (by a very long stretch--I just want one in my collection to pose with my other Marvel guys), but I can see the value, and HT clearly brings a lot of care and attention to those figures in the design department. Just look at this:

bbhaVez.jpg

I feel like John Cleese at 1:16

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso[/ame]

:lol

Ironman's already reached Legend status while Darth Vader still stucked with iconic.

Face it, if Ironman were just another pop culture he wouldn't have made pass Ironman 2. 5 years on he's still Hot like Iron.

I understand Ironman has foreshadowed many other heroes like Batman & Superman and many fans are not happy about it.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't know about legend status :lol.. There's no such thing for a fictional character, imo. BUT HE IS AS ICONIC AS ANY OTHER ICONIC FILM/POP CULTURE CHARACTER IN THE LAST 40 YEARS. There's no denying that, and I'm not even a huge IM fan, but when the character pretty much sells the third biggest film ever and the etire Marvel cinematic universe is built on his shoulders, yeah, HE IS AN ICON. Lets be honest, more kids know who IM is than they know about old film characters...and with Disney owning Marvel and their plans for a Marvel theme park, he and the rest of the Marvel universe will forever be a part of pop culture and the collective consciousness.

Last edited:
meh to most people this is just another Preassembled Gundam Kit that small kids buy with their parents money. but i wonder how many hours it takes for the sweat shop to assemble them and what is the chance of missing parts?

i mean adults don't really dig gundams and i assume people here are all adults collecting high end adult collectibles.

The HT figure that still wows me now is Blade. To say it is now an older figure and was a standard MMS release I think is staggering. Perfect sculpt, weight of the leather outfit is spot on and a lot of accessories. Expensive now, but deservedly so.

Not that I don't mind Iron Man, but I would never agree Iron Man has over shadowed anyone. Just cause Hot Toys makes a ton of his figures doesn't mean he's a better, or more iconic super-hero than Batman, or Super-man.

Then again...

tumblr_m8xcxqrx5d1qlhck1o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m8xcxqrx5d1qlhck1o2_500.gif

tumblr_m8xcxqrx5d1qlhck1o3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m8xcxqrx5d1qlhck1o4_500.gif

lol but i don't recall the running naked scene, which batman movie was it from?

Hulk. Hulk is by far the most impressive HT figure ever.

To my mind, the more interesting question is who is #2.

CR Superman and Luke would have to fight it out for the position, in my mind.

Iron Man is a fad, when the movies end he's back to B-lister.

If he was a legend or icon he'd have been consistently at the top of popularity for decades, like Spidey, Batman ect... But he hasn't been, he's only been at the top for five years.

The HT figure that still wows me now is Blade. To say it is now an older figure and was a standard MMS release I think is staggering. Perfect sculpt, weight of the leather outfit is spot on and a lot of accessories. Expensive now, but deservedly so.

Agreed, Blade is a hallmark of the company

Last edited:
Last edited:
Two points to make
1) Ironman is older than Vader, and
2) Vader is dead.

Jack Sparrow is also real nice.

Back