What's Your Collection Focus?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In relation to Star Wars, only Jedi and Sith. Right now, I have ANH Vader 2.0, ROTS Anakin, and a Custom Darth Malak from KotOR. I have ROTS Kenobi, AOTC Dooku, TPM Maul, Emperor DX, and QS Vader on order. I'm seriously waiting for Palpatine and Mace. I can't think of any others I have on my radar.

I also really like Marvel and waited until Endgame to pick up Cap and Iron Man. So both of those are on order.

For other films, I have a Custom Halloween 1978 Myers with Diorama Base (Porch), TDK Joker, and TDKR Batman DX.

Outside of 1/6, I build a lot of Gunpla and have 7 kits built with about 12 more in the queue. (Went on a bit of shopping spree the past month in Japan and Online)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My collection has a Star Wars focus that has gone through 30 years of evolution and change.

I began buying everything from Garage Sales to Flee Markets and Toy Shows of the original Kenner Toys and other Star Wars items from mugs, posters to shampoo bottles and toothbrushes. Moved onto Star Wars models from MPC to Screaming Vinyl Kits. Then in 1995, Hasbro released a new Star Wars line of 3.25" to 12" Action Figures so Toy Hunting was a thing. I traveled to Toy Fairs, Conventions and Auctions for my fix.

By the time Phantom Menace came to the screen, I was pretty tapped out and collected only Maul and the troopers from the Prequels. But then, Sideshow bought the Star Wars license and Gentle Giant were making some awesome bust so I went that route for awhile. I wanted all the Master Replica props but my wife wanted a new house ... for some reason. Currently I allow myself only Hot Toys figures and they now are displayed in our Master Bedroom.

Now, I have a whole room, multiple closets and half an attic full of Star Wars collectibles from 1978 and up. I recently spent the last month cleaning, organizing and reminiscing each piece, the first time in over a decade. I pity the poor soul who has to sell this stuff when I die.

Thanks for the fun topic. Hopefully I will post some photos of my newly cleaned SW Room soon.

My collection has a Star Wars focus that has gone through 30 years of evolution and change.

I began buying everything from Garage Sales to Flee Markets and Toy Shows of the original Kenner Toys and other Star Wars items from mugs, posters to shampoo bottles and toothbrushes. Moved onto Star Wars models from MPC to Screaming Vinyl Kits. Then in 1995, Hasbro released a new Star Wars line of 3.25" to 12" Action Figures so Toy Hunting was a thing. I traveled to Toy Fairs, Conventions and Auctions for my fix.

By the time Phantom Menace came to the screen, I was pretty tapped out and collected only Maul and the troopers from the Prequels. But then, Sideshow bought the Star Wars license and Gentle Giant were making some awesome bust so I went that route for awhile. I wanted all the Master Replica props but my wife wanted a new house ... for some reason. Currently I allow myself only Hot Toys figures and they now are displayed in our Master Bedroom.

Now, I have a whole room, multiple closets and half an attic full of Star Wars collectibles from 1978 and up. I recently spent the last month cleaning, organizing and reminiscing each piece, the first time in over a decade. I pity the poor soul who has to sell this stuff when I die.

Thanks for the fun topic. Hopefully I will post some photos of my newly cleaned SW Room soon.

Hope you do too! Sounds impressive:)

My collection has a Star Wars focus that has gone through 30 years of evolution and change. [...]

Wow, that's a lot of memories. I'm always impressed by the commitment of long-term collectors!

Please do! Half the fun of this hobby is discussions with other collectors and seeing their take on things. :duff

(Also; you seem to have a very patient wife! :lol)

Like many of the posters here I'm almost entirely OT based. As someone who sold their old Kenner stuff a long time ago I didn't have anything left from my childhood so when my daughter was born I actually got into SW Lego. I had loads of custom printed Lego figures that were actually worth quite a bit so when I sold those I started buying HT and SSC figures. I'm around 70% ESB based in that as it's my favourite film. I've actually sold off my RO figures and even the ANH Vader, Han & Luke to focus on ESB versions and ROTJ figures. I've got a few other things like Kubricks and I've started to try my hand at model making and am converting a Hasbro Snowspeder into something resembling a smaller Master Replicas version (spending £50 rather than a £1000 was appealing to my wallet). If that goes well I have a couple of Hasbro Speederbikes to paint up to mirror the SSC version. Maybe this will be a way of funding other figures.

Was never into collecting when I was younger. When I started in 2014 I went for most of the SW bad guys. My first preorder was the SS Scout and Speeder Bike, and my first figure was the SS Probe Droid while I was waiting for them to come in. I kept my SW focus but got caught up in the hype and went for the Mondo Turtles to satisfy my childhood memories. Ended up returning them due to QC issues. Had the ANH Vader and all of the Bounty Hunters on preorder but ended up shifting my focus to just the OT trooper helmets and figures. In aftermath of Rogue One being an awesome movie I bought the Death Trooper figure and a DT helmet. And a TLJ helmet later on. But the TLJ helmet is now sold again and the DT helmet and figure is halway out the door. I did get the Samurai Vader figure but dont know if I will keep it.

So after some changes and thinking about what I really want to collect I am now happy with my focus of OT troopers, 1/6 figures paired with the lifesize helmets. Just waiting on HT to finally release a Scout and then I will probably be completely satisfied with my collection. And of course I have my Scout Trooper costume for trooping :)

a62c5b847e8d60044c97e0580ff4205a.jpg
bf7d9780f61b4fd3222fa8fcef8f82ce.jpg

I’ve decided to focus 100% on OT and PT now, with a smattering of Rogue One and Solo figures. I dare say I will be getting into The Mandalorian, depending on what we get from Hot Toys or SS. There’s just far too many figures coming out that are must haves, so my other interests have been put on hold until I get a bigger house.

Was never into collecting when I was younger. When I started in 2014 I went for most of the SW bad guys. My first preorder was the SS Scout and Speeder Bike, and my first figure was the SS Probe Droid while I was waiting for them to come in. I kept my SW focus but got caught up in the hype and went for the Mondo Turtles to satisfy my childhood memories. Ended up returning them due to QC issues. Had the ANH Vader and all of the Bounty Hunters on preorder but ended up shifting my focus to just the OT trooper helmets and figures. In aftermath of Rogue One being an awesome movie I bought the Death Trooper figure and a DT helmet. And a TLJ helmet later on. But the TLJ helmet is now sold again and the DT helmet and figure is halway out the door. I did get the Samurai Vader figure but dont know if I will keep it.

So after some changes and thinking about what I really want to collect I am now happy with my focus of OT troopers, 1/6 figures paired with the lifesize helmets. Just waiting on HT to finally release a Scout and then I will probably be completely satisfied with my collection. And of course I have my Scout Trooper costume for trooping :)

a62c5b847e8d60044c97e0580ff4205a.jpg
bf7d9780f61b4fd3222fa8fcef8f82ce.jpg
Your display is awesome! Is that just a Detolf on top of other storage or is it something else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Your display is awesome! Is that just a Detolf on top of other storage or is it something else?

It’s a Custom made base and top to combine three detolfs into one.

I needed it to accomodate my Speeder Bike which I have now sold. :lol

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Ahh too bad I can't buy it haha. Thanks though!

I'm mainly collected original trilogy. However, after a few years, looks like dust is my main collection now. LoL

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Great idea for a thread. :)

I've been collecting my whole life, slowly transitioning from playing with my toys to displaying them during my teenage years. I'm 32 now, and my collection has gone through many changes over the years. Displaying my figures started with Hasbro/Kenner Star Wars, went over to McFarlane (while still collecting SW on the side), and then changed to 1/6 around 2006, which has been my main focus since. I generally still buy some select figures in other scales though when I really like something.

In terms of properties, that has narrowed quite a bit over the years. I used to buy a lot of different franchises (especially around the Movie Maniacs era), but I'm now at a point where my collection basically consists of my core childhood interests: Star Wars, Batman, and Terminator, while the former two make up the majority of figures. I also have some single figures & statues of other priorities, like TMNT Leonardo, Freddy Krueger, Predator, Alien big chap, Nazgul - characters that defined my childhood & teenage years in terms of pop culture.

For Star Wars, while not really a conscious decision, I mainly collect Imperials and Sith. Those character designs resonate most with me. Particularly the Sandtrooper embodies the entire SW universe for me: futuristic, weathered, gritty, with clear inspiration from our own (military) history. An additional benefit is that Imperials rarely have their heads/faced exposed. I'm quite picky in regards to likeness and realism, so most of my collection is either helmeted, masked, covered in makeup (e.g. Emperor, Darth Maul, Joker), covered otherwise (T-800 with sunglasses) or non-human - ROTJ Luke being the only exception currently.

Other than Darth Maul, I stick to the OT, as the nostalgia is strongest, and I simply prefer it much over the PT. I don't collect much from newer properties as I don't have the nostalgic bond to it. So far, Ledger Joker is the "newest" character I own, and he's from a movie already 11 years old now.

Nowadays my collection mostly consists of the same characters I've been collecting for years. As technology in figure making increases, I update them and essentially curate what I have. I also customize most of my figures, to add a personal touch and get them to my liking. That's another reason for collecting 1/6, as it lends itself to so much customization. Without that aspect of collecting, I'm not sure I would still be collecting as much as I am.

On a SW note, I'm really looking forward to the 1/4 Vader, as he will complete my 1/4 collection of my main nostalgic properties: Star Wars (HT Darth Vader), Batman (Enterbay Begins), Terminator (Enterbay BD T-800), and my childhood favorite, TMNT (NECA Lenonardo). I'll have to figure out a good way to display the four of them together, probably on their own shelves.

Here's a current shot of my collection (save for a few figures/statues in the living room):

IMG_8582_2_small.jpg

The Imperial bureaucracy and hierarchy surrounding the construction and service of the first Death Star as depicted in A New Hope and Rogue One. Especially noncombatants.

Mostly OT and ST with a few prequel figures but there’s obviously just less of those right now. I also have one Solo and one Rogue One pre order. However my love for the OT and ST cannot be overstated
IMG_6263.jpg

As far as Star Wars goes, I'm mostly force users but really just whatever figure strikes my fancy. For hot toys, I have New Hope Luke, Jedi Luke, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker, Deluxe Emperor Palpatine, Yoda, Finn, Rey and Kylo Ren. I have episode 3 Obi wan on order and i also plan on getting Dooku, Darth Maul, Qui Gon and Hopefully more versions of Kylo, Rey and Luke. And Lando when he finally gets made.

The rest of my collection is primarily Hot Toys Marvel characters and a mix of DC stuff, QMX Trek, and some odds and ends(Blitzway Ghostbusters for example).

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Oh and Return of the Jedi Vader is one of my grails that will be a day 1 preorder when finally announced.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Great collection Chemicals. Seeing your Jedi Luke makes me want one to pair with Vader and Emperor haha. May need to add him to the list of next purchases.

I also want Kylo and Rey, but from TROS, not TLJ. I can wait for their final versions. I'm sure they will go up for preorder in September like usual.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back