What's Your Collection Focus?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars wise, OT for me with a focus on ANH.

Same for me, OT only with a main focus on ANH.
As for the type of collectibles, my main focus is sixth scale figures.
I also collect CGC slabbed Star Wars comics, and PSA slabbed Star Wars Topps Trading cards.
I have multiple signatures on photos, comics, and cards.
A few art pieces.
Books, novels, comics and Video games
At Christmas time, I display my Star Wars Hallmark Ornaments.
And I still have my original Kenner Star Wars action figures and all 12 of the Burger King Glasses from my childhood.

OT, PT and DC, specifically Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. The collection is mostly 1/6 but I also have a few PFs and the SS 1/5 statues (Mythos and Ralph McQuarrie).

Oh, I thought it only pertained to SW.

In that case, Star Wars (mostly OT), MCU (emphasis on Captain America), DC(EU) (emphasis on Superman, Batman and WW), Predators, Ghostbusters and Star Trek, with other one off figures interspersed.

This is the kind of broad, multi-brand interest grouping that would mean I'd need to buy a second house and get a third and fourth job. And move everyone out of my life to ensure I didn't miss any announcements, shows or POs.:lol

Lucas era mostly (OT + PT), and couple of Rouge One figures. I disgust ST so zero dolls from them.

I collect way too much that I need put the breaks on...just a little. Right now I collecting;
HT/SS Star Wars
HT MCU and some DCU
Mezco Marvel and DC
SH FIguarts ST, Marvel
Mafex Marvel, ST and DCU
6” Black Series
Marvel Legends
LEGO UCS and other ST sets
NECA 1/4 and 6” Turtles
Plus some other odds and ends.

Inflation of prices has changed my mind of what I truly focus on in terms of collecting unfortunately :gah:

And you still have the nicest E-11 blaster I've ever seen. :duff

Thank you! I don't collect comics but your Cap setup is awesome. As for blasters here are the ANH E-11 conversion and the MGC ROTJ one. I'm still waiting for someone to do a Scout blaster from screen used/production made

MGC ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster 45.jpg

Very cool dio Craig!

My main focus is Star Wars OT with a sprinkling of ST. I also have a dedicated Marvel shelf which will be finishing off shortly with Gamora. There's some childhood favourites with Marty, Indy, Ripley and Ghostbusters. Then there's a shelf with misc. figs. I HAVE to put the breaks on now as I just don't have room. Not to mention that the increasing prices are making it less enjoyable. Combine that with my increased involvement with the household budget and yeah, it's getting harder to justify those dollars. I love what I have though and I’ll be planning on Bespin Han (preordered Leia in Bespin gown), Lando and a couple more from ROTJ, whenever they get released.
IMG_6563.jpg
a5af799142e9f3ba4f702992b887b985.jpg

Inflation of prices has changed my mind of what I truly focus on in terms of collecting unfortunately :gah:

I’m starting to feel this and am considering to stop buying NECA and only buy one or two HT a year. The price of HT is high but the payoff is greater. NECA is creeping on $50 a figure and the product just does not feel like to cost.

I tend to mostly collect heroes. The only villains I have are Vader, Kylo Ren (TFA and TLJ), Phasma, stormtroopers, and the praetorian guards. I was thinking about getting the Emperor. I also collect equal amounts of OT and ST, with some small traces of the PT.

All trilogies. Since collection covers 9 movies, my collection is limited to one piece per character. Characterwise I focus on main heroes, main villains and armored troopers with significant differences.

For Star Wars I just buy the characters that I like - although (with the exception of Luke), I do try to stick to one figure per character. :)

My collecting is hot toys Star Wars 1:6 and vintage Star Wars. I haven’t bought much vintage in a while, due to the crazy prices for the pieces I need. Plus, due to the slowdown in hot toys and sheer collecting boredom, I have recently started a vintage gi joe colection. I forgot how much I loved joes as a kid. I had a huge childhood collection. I sold them when I got married because I was only into Star Wars. If I could go back in time, I would punch myself in the face for selling the joes and then punch myself in the face for getting married, lol.

Great films.

Thats the jist of it.

I am trying to limit to 2-3 figures of a single film, basically one Detolf “cube” for a great film or genre of film.

SW is the only rule breaker here, and it gets 5 cubes straight across the center of the units.

Some other cube examples:

The Dark Knight trilogy.
Horror Film villains (WIP)
Ladies of Cinema
Adventurers (WIP)
The Watchmen
The Terminator
The Mad Max Trilogy
The Ghostbusters
Monsters of Cinema
Anti-Heros
Sci Fi
Back to the Future
History Films

I have a few cubes open still, mainly because I have stayed clear of the MCU and new DCU. I am not that passionate about those figures so its ok with me. Although there are a few that are tempting me always....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back