What's up with the HT delays?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_lxnrcnBoOd1qdxvjio1_400.jpg

Depsite your preferences, there are fans of all licenses, and in the case of one it's already an order, it be disatrous for their reputation to cancel a figure that customers have ordered.

in terms the topic, a Delay isn't a big deal. Multiple delays are :lecture

Uh, my brain's not helping me out here, what is this 'movie event of the decade' you speak of?

Clearly he's referring to The Avengers.

Except he meant "of the century." :clap

Because The Fledermaus is sooooo played out. :nana:

:rotfl

:snake

___

I would like to see if HT push back anything Batman or Avengers related.Yeah Right...

They did push back the gantry and Iron Monger. Iron Monger was pushed back another four months. So what ever is happening seems to be across the board. All the delays seem to be stuff that was set to come out between December and April. I'm not particularly worried or anything especially if it means the product is close to perfect when it comes out. Some of the Chicken Littles I've run across crack me up though. I can't imagine that HT would cancel almost a dozen products to make way for the Avengers and Batman. Nobody would distribute them if they pulled a stunt like that. I do think if the delays have enraged someone it may be signs that it is a hobby that is much too stressful for them.

I have heard the theory that the light cycle will never come out. I would just think after all this time that move would be something of a fiasco.

tumblr_lxnrcnBoOd1qdxvjio1_400.jpg

Depsite your preferences, there are fans of all licenses, and in the case of one it's already an order, it be disatrous for their reputation to cancel a figure that customers have ordered.

in terms the topic, a Delay isn't a big deal. Multiple delays are :lecture

I do think that there are fans that need to get theirs, but I think that it's unrealistic to think that they would donate their time and resources to getting backlogged stuff out (and it would take a ton of both with how far behind HT are) when they can cash in on what's popular at the moment.

I do think that there are fans that need to get theirs, but I think that it's unrealistic to think that they would donate their time and resources to getting backlogged stuff out, when they can cash in on what's popular at the moment.

Consider this... Would you feel the same way if your long term orders and upcoming licenses were all delayed not just once but twice so that a currently popular line that was announced long afterwords could come out first?

Either way it doesn't bode well for their standing amongst their community of customers, advertising that something 'it' right now automatically takes precedence over thrice as many projects already up for order. They're marginalizing entire groups of customers away.

I don't think it's right, but I also don't think that Sucker Punch, a couple of 1-2 year old licenses, and another Iron Man are integral to their business structure. Consider the following:HT can make as much from a fraction of a Batman release than their entire Sucker Punch audience, why would they rush when: 1. They already are making a ton of money and 2. The Sucker Punch fans will buy it anyway when it eventually comes out. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't like all of the Batman stuff that they're pushing, but I do think that it's wrong that they can't at least have the integrity to issue statements to the people that put down an NRD on an Iron Monger or a Jake Sully or a Lightcycle or a Luke Skywalker or a Gantry and at least let them know that they appreciate their patronage and to bear with them.

Exactly, we need to hear some official statements from Hot Toys explaining what the f is going on..

A reminder 10 months after announcement and nothing (probably just the cups are sculpted):
227571_10150188516812344_58690437343_7239422_7676148_n.jpg

Dear fans, we are finally delighted to unveil our long-planned and value-added accessory "The Black Pearl in a Bottle" just after the movie is officially launched, which will come with our Captain Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure! Some fans may be asking where Angelica is. Besides Captain Jack Sparrow, we are more than happy to announce that we will be launching the collectible of another key character Angelica too! What's amazing is that she will come with the pair of chalices as bonus accessory! Fans, please don't miss it!

What's more, we are pleased to let you know that the smiley face, which is another interchangeable face of Captain Jack Sparrow, will be coming up soon! We will definitely keep our fans posted. Please stay tuned!

Ultimately, no one really wants an Avatar or Metal Gear Solid figures... How 'bout they just never mention any of those things again and they move on to better things. Nothing to see here... LOL.

:slap :cuckoo:
What are you talking about ? A lot of people are waiting for MGS figures. MGS Fanbase is huge.

Hot Toys needs to change "Coming Soon" in their announcements to "Coming Eventually".

Back