What's up with the HT delays?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar_the_Gungan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm just curious what everyone thinks about the mass quantities of delays of HT items.
On Facebook Hot Toys Community reports from HT Japan that the Sucker Punch girls, Sam Flynn with Light Cycle, Red Skull, Iron Monger, Jake Sully and Luke Skywalker are all being delayed. Some of these have been delayed multiple times already and some are being pushed back by three or four more months.

Does HT have more on their plate then they should? Is their a shortage of talented artists to work on these? Are they experiencing financial problems or are they delaying stuff to focus on Avengers and Batman products?
The lack of information from HT is a little disconcerting.
Any thoughts?

So far announced today we have:
Light Cycle pushed to July
Iron Monger pushed to september
Baby Doll pushed to May
Black suit Spider-Man pushed to April
Jake Sully pushed to June
Luke pushed to August
Red Skull pushed to July
Iron Man gantry pushed to July
Amber pushed to June

Who knows. It could be a myriad of things. Manufacturing scheduling conflicts, preproduction problems, etc. I honestly don't mind the delays. It gives my wallet a much needed rest.

I am happy none of those figures are on my list. I do feel for those who are waiting.....very frustrating. I felt this way waiting for Indiana Jones and Jack Sparrow. I am preparing myself mentally for the delay process of Returns Penguin!!!!

The power of HT is, once you have it in hand you forget how long you waited!!!

The interesting thing is that they practically slamming the 2nd Quarter with ____ and it'll be interesting to see the things solicited after for that quarter whether they'll be on time or whether they'll be delayed as well. Can you imagine if they aren't? That is a lot of money in one short period of time.

In terms of US distribution thru Sideshow, I'm all for HT delays. Maybe it will give them time to get thru the backlog of split shipments that have been happening ever since Jac Sparrow. On Batman and Joker, due to the sheer size of the preorders, its becoming even worse. 6 weeks to 2 months delay time for retailers.

HT needs to delay to allow time for the boats to catch up on what is already due but split and delayed.

The only thing about it that makes me curious is that none of the DX series was delayed. At least '89 Batman and the Joker are on schedule. Jack Sparrow, too. Weird.

I wish HT would only announce a new product if it was already finished...

I wish HT would only announce a new product if it was already finished...

No no no, the last thing I want are releases being sprung out of nowhere, or the Apple way of doing things as I call it. I think myself and most collectors are in a position where they need to know when something's being released so we can budget accordingly :lecture

No no no, the last thing I want are releases being sprung out of nowhere, or the Apple way of doing things as I call it. I think myself and most collectors are in a position where they need to know when something's being released so we can budget accordingly :lecture

I didn't say they had to release it the same day they announce it, but they could give us a month, 2 months maximum.

I didn't say you did, a months notice is still not long enough for most people though

I don't know where you found the statistics for that but I do agree people should have some time to look over their budget. 1-2 months is enough for me, if I can't afford it then I won't buy it.

The Sucker Punch girls have been delayed for so long now.
I wonder if Sideshow will return the deposit if you decide to cancel thru them? It's not their fault,except dealing with Hot Toys.
I can continue to wait but if it goes onto a year,forget it!

The Sucker Punch girls have been delayed for so long now.
I wonder if Sideshow will return the deposit if you decide to cancel thru them? It's not their fault,except dealing with Hot Toys.
I can continue to wait but if it goes onto a year,forget it!

We all shouldn’t be surprised with this....

We all know how long it takes women to get ready!!!!! :yess:

My guess is that they are trying to push most (if not all) Avengers figures as close to the release date of the movie as possible. When they are done with that, they will start pushing The Dark Knight Rises, thus delaying the production and distribution of other figures. Personally, I find these delays to be an embarrassment. Hot Toys is lucky they are simply a toy company. Companies that can't meet their own schedule don't tend to last very long.

Back