What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh ... i had a similar message when they sent me the invoice. Clearly we all been fooled by suggesting they were nearly shipping at the time

I'm assuming they've been using the same supplier throughout the years so why all this delay now? When i started using OSB nearly 3 years ago it were never like this. OSB used to get their stock in before any UK retailer and now just months of delays. No explanation whatsoever

Yeh ... i had a similar message when they sent me the invoice. Clearly we all been fooled by suggesting they were nearly shipping at the time

I'm assuming they've been using the same supplier throughout the years so why all this delay now? When i started using OSB nearly 3 years ago it were never like this. OSB used to get their stock in before any UK retailer and now just months of delays. No explanation whatsoever

It's partly a knock on effect from changing to shipping by sea, and partly due to the fact that they took a LOT more orders for figures over the last year or so.

They have now changed back to Air freight, and have limited the amount of orders they take on each release to try and ensure that future orders are dealt with more quickly.

However, it will take time to get back to the way things were.

I know all about the sea shipping fiasco but i'm pretty sure the 66 B & R figures aren't making their over by sea but by air. As indicated before they were due to ship out end of May with 4-6 weeks delivery.

TBH I don't really care what OSB tend do in the future because i lost ALL faith in them and shall not be using them again once i receive Robocop as that is the last pre-order i have with them.

Make any excuses as you please but it is what it is from my point of view .... OSB dug themselves in a huge hole and is struggling to get out of it.

Some poor soul just posted on FB asking for his MOS figure ... hope he gets it soon cos i think he's in the dark on the whereabouts

I know all about the sea shipping fiasco but i'm pretty sure the 66 B & R figures aren't making their over by sea but by air. As indicated before they were due to ship out end of May with 4-6 weeks delivery.

I never said they were coming by sea. I said there had been a knock on effect from the shipping problems. I expect that OSB are only able to handle so much inventory coming in at any one time.

TBH I don't really care what OSB tend do in the future because i lost ALL faith in them and shall not be using them again once i receive Robocop as that is the last pre-order i have with them.

Make any excuses as you please but it is what it is from my point of view .... OSB dug themselves in a huge hole and is struggling to get out of it.

OSB know that the problems experienced are due to the choices they have made, I'm not making excuses for them, just trying to explain the reasons for some of the recent delays. Obviously you have every right to take your business elsewhere and I hope whoever you decide to use meets all of your expectations.

Some poor soul just posted on FB asking for his MOS figure ... hope he gets it soon cos i think he's in the dark on the whereabouts

I also hope he gets it soon, I'm willing to wait longer for some of my figures so that those that are still waiting for older releases get theirs first.

Yep, I'm STILL waiting for my man of steel figure too. The only reason I haven't just told them I want a refund on all my orders is because they have such a good price on the batman armoury. I have that preordered as well as the new battle damaged terminator and obviously still waiting on man of steel superman. I've been tempted a few times though to tell them I want a refund on the lot and I'll just go somewhere else, which I'll be doing in the future anyway. I could buy the man of steel figure from countless places that it's actually in stock, some cheaper than OSB and actually receive it probably long before they ever ship it out to me. Plus even if I asked for a refund I probably wouldn't even get a reply from them.

I remember OSB saying that their stuff was stuck in customs because of the new shipping method months ago, now they're saying it's not even been shipped from the suppliers, so not really sure what's going on there. I've said many times I do believe everyone will get their orders and I still believe that, but OSB are just going about things really unprofessionally and have clearly screwed up big time.

Just emailed OSB asking for either a proper update or a refund. Here's hoping they don't ignore this email too. I'm sick of all the "two weeks" rubbish. I just want a refund now so I can take my business elsewhere.

Not to start something but if all the UK customers bought from Official UK Sideshow sellers and not the grey import market you would have had your figures by now. I find it hard to be sympathetic for you. If you bought from official UK sellers then the UK Sideshow distributor would sell more which would mean a better all around price.
I know for a fact they are actively seeking to stop Zaavi from grey importing Sideshow Collectibles stock.

I was always under the impression that OSB WERE an official seller. It's only recently during this fiasco that I've found out they're not.

To be fair though, saying you don't want to start anything but coming into a thread like this and saying you have no sympathy for us is kind of oxymoronic. Not trying to start anything either, just pointing it out. Also OSB were always one of, if not the, first to get their products in the uk and have great prices. So it was never an issue until recently. Which is I think where a lot of the frustration comes from, they were a trusted and well respected business who have suddenly screwed up and upset a lot of long term customers.

Edit: OSB have refunded my payment so I've just ordered from collectibles direct, where it's in stock. I'll probably be going there in the future. Really hope the rest of you guys get your orders sorted soon. WaiMan did tell me that it's very much a first in, first out kind of thing when it comes to delivery. So if you ordered late you'll be the last to get your stuff.

Last edited:
Glad you got the refund and good luck with Collectibles Direct.I have the Julie Newmar Catwoman on preorder with them so any feedback you can offer on them would be appreciated.

I've been aware that OSB were first in, first out...as I've said before you only had to watch the MOS draw on youtube to see how large an order they were placing with their suppliers. It was frightening. I think I was a few days late in ordering Batman and Robin so I could be waiting a long time for my figures but again, I'm not that bothered as I know I'll get them or get a refund. To be honest; with B&R, The T800 BD and Iron Man Star Boost I'm pretty much done with HT figures as they are so expensive now (unless we see a Reeve CK or DX Superman).

Ditch Aren't Forbidden Planet an official Sideshow/HT dealer?

They sell bucket loads to people that don't know any better and still the prices are ridiculously high.

I imported a Ex Superman PF from Sideshow USA direct and paid less (inc. customs charges and delivery) than the reg cost from FP, plus I got it on the day of release.

Until the prices drop from official channels, there will always be collectors wanting the best deal and a lot of us are prepared to wait.

Yep, has always been first in first out. That's why I always try and order as soon as figures are listed on the site rather than waiting for full price (can always cancel with no penalty if you don't like the price when advertised)

I know from speaking with Wai Man this past week, that he has taken 500 orders for one figure alone (that hasn't been released yet).

Ditch Aren't Forbidden Planet an official Sideshow/HT dealer?

They sell bucket loads to people that don't know any better and still the prices are ridiculously high.

I imported a Ex Superman PF from Sideshow USA direct and paid less (inc. customs charges and delivery) than the reg cost from FP, plus I got it on the day of release.

Until the prices drop from official channels, there will always be collectors wanting the best deal and a lot of us are prepared to wait.

I went into FP in southampton the other day and they still are selling stuff for 30- 50% more than online. That's like £100 on the dx13!

I went there a few days ago. I'm sure that Mandarin was on "sale" for £189.99. Always nice to see the toys in the flesh though.

It is but the staff (in my experience) are so disinterested - it's a poor shopping experience

I see WM has responded to a post on FB stating that they are concentrating on deliveries rather than admin right now as it is only he and Maggie working on it.

It seems if they have had a load of deliveries, collectors will get their orders soon.

I know many are frustrated by the lack of updates or replies etc but figures in hand is what matters and hopefully this backlog will get cleared.

Has anyone on here got a Thor from the dark world on order from them and have received any info that it's coming soon? I've had no invoice yet and i've heard from another Uk retailer saying it's due in this week.

Has anyone on here got a Thor from the dark world on order from them and have received any info that it's coming soon? I've had no invoice yet and i've heard from another Uk retailer saying it's due in this week.

I've got mine on order with them, no update as yet. The other UK retailers will be getting their stock from Amerang.

Thank's inked, hope i hear about it soon kinda want to cancel and go with another retailer, i only went with them as i heard they get there figures earlier and i heard a lot of people praising them.

Unfortunately I think OSB have lost a lot of customers due to their recent situation. I ended up cancelling my man of steel order and ordered from collectibles direct, got it the next day. With OSB I had paid the balance and was still waiting 7 or 8 months later. When I asked them about cancelling and explained why they didn't seem to have any firm idea when my order would turn up so god knows how much longer it would have been.

Whenever people asked for recommendations of places to buy I used to always recommend OSB but I wouldn't anymore. Just a heads up. Also, don't take any notice if they say "two weeks" :lol

Back