What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair I don't think the issue is whether people will get their stuff. I actually have no doubt that OSB will deliver on all their orders. The issue, as I've posted before, is the lack of communication. As I've said, I've used OSB for years and while I've always loved the competitive prices and fantastic packaging, I've been increasingly annoyed by the fact that anytime I've needed to email over the years I've never had any replies.

With regards to all the back log of orders they have, they could just post on their facebook page saying "sorry, order is still held up" instead of sending emails every 6 months saying they're due in "two weeks" and then ignoring everyone when they don't arrive.

Never used OSB, so can't comment about their service or delays. What I can say is that the most reliable UK dealer I've come across in recent years and the one I use more than any other these days is Collectibles Direct. 1966 Batman, Robin, and Ed209 (as they've all been mentioned in this thread) pre-ordered from them and all received within their estimated month of arrival.

66 Batman & Robin and MOS have all been available in the UK for months now so I'd be a bit miffed if I was still waiting for my pre-order at this point.

I was looking at collectiblesdirect and thegoodthebadandtherobots so will probably go with one of those for any future preorders. The only thing I'll miss is the layaway option with OSB, I always found that really handy. But not worth the terrible customer service.

I was looking at collectiblesdirect and thegoodthebadandtherobots so will probably go with one of those for any future preorders. The only thing I'll miss is the layaway option with OSB, I always found that really handy. But not worth the terrible customer service.
collectibles Direct layaway plan is very handy too. All my new pre orders are with CD now. Great customer service with same day email replies.

I also received a defected figure which they instantly replaced and also crediting postage cost back to me which was a pleasant surprise.

Cool, they sound like they could be the way to go. Don't wanna derail the thread too much but what's their layaway plan like? How much do you pay upfront?

Cool, they sound like they could be the way to go. Don't wanna derail the thread too much but what's their layaway plan like? How much do you pay upfront?

10% deposit then you can pay the remainder whenever amount suits you. I normally place the deposit then clear up once i receive email saying it's in stock.
https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/Layaway

Ohh ... they have a reward point system too. A point for every pound spent, i'm already a third away from having enough for a lower end Hot Toy for free
https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/rewards

You can find the owner Lee AKA microdragon in this thread. Any questions just drop him a PM or post and he'll get back to you as he's online quite often.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...d-Dawg-are-available-at-Collectiblesdirect-UK

So just to get an update, did anyone here get a reply from OSB when they had their "three days of 100% solid admin" to catch up on emails? As I've STILL heard nothing.

Had no reply also, would be interested in knowing if anyone did from the 3 day marathon of replies.

That's what I was thinking. There's a few comments on ther facebook page saying they haven't had any replies still. One guy said "I'll give you 10 grand if you answer me" lol. I've totally lost any respect for them as a business.

I just want my paid in full figures from OSB and i will gladly accept my deposit back on my final 2 pre orders with them but i'm pretty much convinced i won't get a reply if i email them.

Has anyone tried to call their general enquiries line 07733 058 058? I tried once during 'office hours' and no answer

I've been considering telling them to cancel all my orders with them. Waiting for Man of Steel superman all paid for plus got two other pre orders with them. I could grab Supes from ebay from a Hong Kong seller and almost certainly get it before OSB gets back to me but the problem is I doubt they'd even get back to me if I asked to cancel my orders and get a refund.
I'll certainly be going elsewhere for my future orders anyway. I'm done with them.

I remember they set up a mobile number a little while ago but pretty quickly took it back down because they were getting too many calls. I see why now.

I got my MOS from them in July and even then it was lengthy wait. They actually killed my excitement with receiving the figure with the long wait, no fun at all. It's bad enough we have to wait 2 months after Asia release then to add on OSB killer waits for figures are just unbearable for customers.

At times i feel like telling them to shove my 2 pre-order deposit up their ass and stick two fingers up to their service. It has gotten that bad IMO and i'm not afraid to say so.

Yeah, I gotta admit by now my excitement for the figure is really pretty much gone. I'm hoping that when (if ever) it actually arrives I'll still love it but right now it's like expecting to see Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster.

I wouldn't compare the situation at all to mothers basement. I have used bothave in addition to collectibles direct and direct collectibles. I think the post above indicates the situation precisely. Osb actually came forward and admitted the mistake with container shipping and at the time I believe they offered refunds or discounts to those waiting a long time for their products. I know this didn't exactly help consumer confidence but imagine what it was like for Wai man and Maggie. At a time when Hot Toys Batmobiles were arriving damaged, their seven month late shipment turns up and they can't ship them etc. This is purely speculation on my part but there is always a bigger picture. The shipping problems put things behind, as did the boom in new collectors. OSB runs as a sideline and is a grey importer. Visit the YouTube page for the man of steel draw to see how many orders they took. It's not a friend or cousin sending over a few figures here and there, it is hundreds of units being shipped. I support Wai man and Maggie and I think they are good guys. I can hand on my heart say that the biggest difference between Osb and mothers basement is that I know Wai man would try real hard to get your figures out to you if he had them in stock ashe is much a collector as we are. Mothers basement never had the figures and probably had no intention of either getting them in or getting them to us.
I know people are frustrated but if people keep comparing Osb to mb in a negative manner, buyer confidence will drop and that will damage not only Osb but also every collector out there waiting for their figures.

I also paid for 66 Batman & Robin end of May and was told 4-6 weeks for delivery. It's now exactly 3 months and still NO sign of the figures even though they are supposed to be shipped by air.

Sorry i'm not buying into that BS ... any figures flown by air 3 months ago even with added custom delays would of been sitting in my house by now PERIOD!!

Their so called 3 days of admins and still customers demanding replies .... all i smell is BS !!!!!!

Kuat you make a very valid point about the possibility of them still using sea containers which explains why they need to rent more storage space due to all stock in one container.

By no means does OSB situation compares to MB ... Thank God

It's the figure delays and lack of CS the major cause of this displeasure

Every figure i'm due from OSB since the start of 2014 i've had extended delays
Final invoice to delivery
HT MOS 6 months
HT The Crow 5 months
HT 66 Batman & Robin 3 months and still waiting
HT Roadblock no sign of the figure at all

Throw in deleted facebook posts and no email replies = very unhappy customer

Whether they do it full time or part time they are running a business and i'm a paying customer. I don't expect to be provided with service like this.

It is what it is ... they like to talk a lot but i see no actions being taken.

Back