What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the key word there is 'business'. If you think a response that basically says 'we're to busy to get back to you' is an acceptable idea of customer service, then I think we better agree to disagree. Sounds to me like OSB need to employ someone to handle the admin side .

I can accept that at times they are unable to give an immediate response to emails, they have never kept me waiting an excessive amount of time.

If they were to employ extra staff people would start to complain about the inevitable rise in prices. They can't win either way. I'd rather have to wait for a response and get my stuff at a lower price.

I can accept that at times they are unable to give an immediate response to emails, they have never kept me waiting an excessive amount of time.

If they were to employ extra staff people would start to complain about the inevitable rise in prices. They can't win either way. I'd rather have to wait for a response and get my stuff at a lower price.
Clearly you're happy with your dealings with OSB and I'm sure there are plenty of others that are. I know when I've ordered from them in the past , they've always asked for final payment once the item was imminent. Lately, they seem to be taking people's cash and not delivering on items within a reasonable amount of time. They really need to be communicating better if they're holding onto hundreds of pounds of their customers money, while those customers are forced to wait for products they have paid for that they could have bought and received from other dealers.

Starting to lose faith in OSB. I'm still waiting for some news on war machine. After being told months ago it was expected in a 'few weeks.' I'm still hoping they come through eventually but at this rate I don't believe I'll see the figure before xmas. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a response. Come on guys! an update at least!

It's a worrying situation. You only have to review the messages into their Facebook page to see that is a significant issue. People are not getting a response going direct to OSB and when raising issues on their fb page are being ignored or having their posts deleted. It used to be every other week they would be posting pics of stock coming in for dispatch, now it's just pre-orders for forthcoming releases. Wonder when anyone last had anything through from them? [emoji53]

I just ordered the TTM21 (stock room find) they had last night, and just got my dispatch email a few minutes ago, so I'd say they are still up and running.

With the pre-orders all any of us can do is ride it out, they built their reputation on having the best price, and it attracted way too many people and it's going to take a while for them to get back on track. I've got a Robocop pre-order with them and if I remember correctly they sold over 500 at the time, considering it's just a couple of people having to deal with all this it shouldn't be too hard to understand they aren't Amazon.

I mean we are talking about a couple of people, not a corporation or a conglomerate, just imagine the stress level they face an a daily biases worrying about our figures, trying to keep up with it all, busting your ass at your job all day, only to come home and bust your ass on your hobby. You guys are all worrying about yourselves, and that's fine I do it all the time myself, hell I did it with my Hulk pre-order, but a little more empathy and patience towards OSB is gonna be needed more then any of your emails and facebook comments for the foreseeable future.

That said I do think they should stop responding to all your one on one issues, and just send out a weekly or biweekly newsletter just detailing all the goings on in a generalized fashion so as to keep everyone updated just enough to stop worrying so much, it would be less work for all involved too.

Just my 2 cents...

That said I do think they should stop responding to all your one on one issues, and just send out a weekly or biweekly newsletter just detailing all the goings on in a generalized fashion.

I think the problem is they are NOT responding to anyone. When you see other dealers fulfilling orders months before OSB having taken full payment on items, people have a right to be upset and and to have their questions answered or having their money returned so they can get the figures they want elsewhere.

I don't see how on the one hand you can put forward the argument that this is a part time job for OSB, then pointing out they're taking orders in the multiple 100's of units for figures, along with people's hard earned cash. Surely if they're dealing in such significant quantities, they need to be running their business in a professional manner, which means keeping their customers updated and not left hanging sometimes months on end without supplying items which are available from any number of other retailers.

Are you surprised they can't keep up with emails?
All it takes is for one muppet to stir up a load of panic with fear mongering speculation and BOOM, they get another 100 or so emails to trudge through on top of the back log.

Are you surprised they can't keep up with emails?
All it takes is for one muppet to stir up a load of panic with fear mongering speculation and BOOM, they get another 100 or so emails to trudge through on top of the back log.
I would hardly described highlighting a failure in basic customer service (ie responding to legitimate queries) as 'fear mongering'.

If people were receiving the items they'd paid for in reasonable time, there wouldn't be an issue. It astounds me that people are implying that the issues are the fault of customers rather than the retailer.

I do understand your plight, I do, I buy my figures on ebay the day of release now 'cause I'm more impatient then all of you put together, I'm just trying to point out who your dealing with.

A Grey Importer...

You like many people wanted to save a little money on a high-end collectable figure, and went with the place that was gonna save you a few more quid then anywhere else, and now your dealing with the fact that everyone else wanted to do the same thing to the extent that it clogged up the way they do things.

It's just two people, with a hobby trying to get us the best deals they can. They bit off more then they can chew, and are dealing with multiple hundreds of irate people all saying the same things. When they do reply with a generalized, "we are sorry, please bear with us", not a week goes by before it starts up again.

I'm also just trying to stay positive in a situation where most everyone else is so negative, because I can empathize with them, as people that still have a mountain to climb before they can get back to where they were. It would be so much easier to just refund everyone and quit then to deal with all the tolling behind a keyboard their expected to do.

What astounds me is that it's been over a year since the Hulk issue started and people still think that somehow OSB is going to magically change how they do things and turn into a full blown Amazon service.

I have an update on everyone's pre-orders from OSB, and everyday you don't hear about it directly from them, you can come back here and re-read this:

They aren't instock yet, when they are they will let you know...:wave

I'm guessing it wouldn't be easier for them to refund everyone as you suggest, as they've (hopefully) used that cash to secure the items ordered by customers through them. I seriously hope they sort themselves out (personally I'm into them for one item I've paid in full for and two pre-orders) but their persistence in appearing to bury their heads in the sand rather than addressing people's issues, can't help but fuel speculation. I fear that a lot of people are going to end up unhappy and significantly out of pocket, but I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

A general announcement on their Facebook page as to the status of orders would go a long way. Even if it's bad news / further delays I believe people have a right to know.

As far as I am aware both CollectiblesDirect and TheGoodTheBadAndTheRobots are both 'one man bands' and they have no problems replying to customers in a timely manner

I'm weighing in now as OSB have complete payment for 2 items from me now, 1 of which I know is in stock, I've emailed twice asking why it hasn't been shipped and so far sod all in reply :(

Interesting to see so many people are still being screwed around by osb. I managed to get a refund after 7 months of being told "two weeks". Seems not only do they ignore emails but it seems they're regularly deleting people's facebook posts asking about their orders. I understand they can't reply to everything, especially when I see people asking about figures that have just been released in Hong kong. Obviously they're going to be a while still. But there are people still waiting for 66 batman and robin, dx 13, and I would have still been waiting for man of steel superman if I hadn't told them I wanted either a more firm update or a full refund (they gave me the refund) but they could just update their facebook page with the status of figures, instead to the "two weeks" nonsense (which I honestly think is an outright lie just to shut people up), rather than take that time to delete customers posts. That just makes them look worse and will no doubt exacerbate peoples concerns.

They've really lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned, and it seems they've lost a lot of customers. I've used them for years but never again. They've handled things really poorly and unprofessionally.

The thing is, they're never going to come forward publically and admit the massive delays and offer refunds to customers who want them, because it would destroy them financially and in terms of reputation. While people are still willing to part with the best part of £50 to pre-order a forthcoming release, they are going to continue to list new product on their Facebook page and take orders. As I've said previously, I hope they straighten themselves out and give their customers the service they deserve and the products they've paid for. But once my outstanding orders are (hopefully) fulfilled, I won't use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Agree with many of the last comments.

I have also used them in the past for a few HT figures and had absolutely no problems, infact I have been really happy with the service.

I am one of the people who had a question on Facebook deleted after the standard '2 weeks' response. this was back in maybe July. As matj007 says, a biweekly update message listing what is in stock, coming soon, and when an APA might be expected to come would go a long way to allaying my anxiety.

I really am still hoping that they come through eventually. I have three figures on preorder with them currently, and with heartbreaker's release, all of them are now theoretically available in HK. I am cool with Mark 42 and heartbreaker still being a few months away as they are recent releases, but War machine was released back in Q1 2014!

Edit to add - I know they are massively backed up with emails, orders etc. so I am not gonna contact them for a bit. Instead ill come on here and gripe to you lot! Hopefully something arrives before xmas.

JR

The thing is, they're never going to come forward publically and admit the massive delays and offer refunds to customers who want them, because it would destroy them financially and in terms of reputation. While people are still willing to part with the best part of £50 to pre-order a forthcoming release, they are going to continue to list new product on their Facebook page and take orders. As I've said previously, I hope they straighten themselves out and give their customers the service they deserve and the products they've paid for. But once my outstanding orders are (hopefully) fulfilled, I won't use them again or recommend them to anyone.

I have many occasions admitted on emails, Facebook, Facebook groups and I'm sure on here of me screwing up on delays....

I still take orders as I've implemented a limit to what I order with my suppliers in Taiwan and China, not had time to read through all past few pages as I am still at my other business. But will read tomorrow if I have time.

You think when I read comment about my business that I work so hard for I don't try and make things right?? Yes, rep has been tarnished big time, and it kills me, but what can I do??? My hands are truly tied with delays and time BUT I won't stop. I'm determined to get OSB how it was.

WM

I have many occasions admitted on emails, Facebook, Facebook groups and I'm sure on here of me screwing up on delays....

I still take orders as I've implemented a limit to what I order with my suppliers in Taiwan and China, not had time to read through all past few pages as I am still at my other business. But will read tomorrow if I have time.

You think when I read comment about my business that I work so hard for I don't try and make things right?? Yes, rep has been tarnished big time, and it kills me, but what can I do??? My hands are truly tied with delays and time BUT I won't stop. I'm determined to get OSB how it was.

WM
Thanks for coming forward and acknowledging the issues you are having. I'm sure you understand the frustrations of customers in relation to items that are still outstanding. I hope you can find the time to address the situation and provide the kind of service that won you so many loyal customers in the first place.

I run a business (nothing to do with this hobby) and I know that some mornings I can come into work and find 10 or 15 emails waiting for me. Working through these emails and doing the relevant admin can take up a full day. This then has a counter effect where the work I should have been producing is now delayed by 24 hours. That is 10 or 15 emails. OSB are getting hundreds of emails all asking the same questions. Getting it via FB and twitter too.
The original delays were down to the shipping issues by boat and by taking an increase in orders. As Wai Man says these have been resolved but can any of us really expect things to be as they were within a week or two? This isn't like flicking a switch and making everything okay. OSB have had months of this, MB went bust and OSB were there to help pick up the pieces with collectors which would have seen an increase in workload. MB going bust also would have had a negative effect as the worried customers not prepared to wait would have cancelled and wanted refunds. More work to process.
As said, it is basic economics; you employ more staff or customer service reps and the price goes up. Nobody wins.
OSB are a grey dealer doing this as collectors for collectors. 500 units of Robocop alone? That is a lot of stock to source and ship without the other stock requirements.
I worry when I read on here because it does seem as though bad news spreads much faster than good and it might turn people off ordering or result in multiple refund requests.

I can say hand on heart that I have a good relationship with OSB and have never failed to get a response from WM or Maggie but then I'm patient. Stuff is delayed sure but to me it's all first world problems...they are toys remember! It's not worth getting ill over and that includes WaiMan with his workload.

I think the major concern is not where people have just paid deposits (though clearly it is frustrating when they see other collectors receiving the same items through other dealers on occasion months earlier), its the occasions where people are being presented with and paying final invoices for the full amount and then being left without the item they have paid in good faith for with no idea when (or if) it will arrive.

You must be in a pretty secure financial position if you can hand over almost a couple of hundred pounds for a figure and not be bothered when you receive it. For a lot of collectors, buying just one figure is a decent chunk of change and I don't agree that being out of pocket without anything to show for it should be flippantly passed over as 'first world problems'.

I'm in far from a secure financial position (I run a business!). I paid out the same as you guys when I got the final invoice then like you guys I have waited for figures to arrive.
It isn't flippant to consider this as first world problems. They are toys. They are wants not needs and if the fact you are unhappy about not getting your toys before others is the biggest worry you have in life, I would gladly swap my life with you in a heartbeat.
There is no worry about your investment. You've paid and Wai Man I'm sure would happily refund it if requested. When the figures eventually show you'll have the collectors item you wanted at a low preorder price so you win both ways.

As far as I see it the only way a scenario of "If" people get their figures occurring will be through people constantly putting down OSB which would lead to collectors no longer ordering or WM simply saying "screw it" and walking away. Wai Man and Maggie work like crazy for us guys. They have families! They run a few businesses including OSB as a sideline/grey dealer. How many of us work 10 hours a day, seven days a week? People might want answers or update but I'm pretty sure Wai Man would like a holiday. I bet if most people here worked for a company that didn't give you a break or a holiday they would be the first to moan. Why should Wai Man and Maggie not have time to update their personal or business Facebook pages or do whatever they want to do in the little free time they have. Instead of people knocking them, try supporting them. See what kind of results that brings.

To add...
I'm a collector. I buy comic art books and figures and stuff. Nearly everything I buy I pay as preorder to secure the lowest price. I've waited years for some items after paying (Signed Todd McFarlane art book, IDW The Spirit Artist Edition). I'm also used to paying out with the likes of Sideshow (albeit via flex) to then be told that a PF statue has been delayed by a number of months, and so on and so on.

Delays and waits happen in the collectable world. I'm used to it. It's nothing to do with how much money I have or earn, it's just waiting for something at the right price. I'm not being flippant or looking for a row. I just see it as an unfortunate part of the hobby. Trust me, waiting for a 1/6 figure to be released is nothing compared to waiting for biopsy or MRI results on your six year old son!

Back