What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking i might go with collectibles direct as i got man of steel from them and got it May and i hear people are still waiting on there's, so if you cancel an order with osb how much do they charge you?

Thinking i might go with collectibles direct as i got man of steel from them and got it May and i hear people are still waiting on there's, so if you cancel an order with osb how much do they charge you?

People that ordered latest are still waiting as OSB's suppliers get their stock in batches. I was first batch for MoS and had it back in April from OSB

People that ordered latest are still waiting as OSB's suppliers get their stock in batches. I was first batch for MoS and had it back in April from OSB

But i'm thinking as i ordered late due to MB as i had it through them first i'm gonna be very late getting this figure and i really don't want to wait 1 or 3+ months to get the figure, also i ordered late on collectible's direct on man of steel and got it May when they had it in may so i'm not 100% sure what to do i do want to give osb a chance seeing as it's only my first order with them but like i said i'm not waiting a stupid amount of months when other places have it in stock.

But i'm thinking as i ordered late due to MB as i had it through them first i'm gonna be very late getting this figure and i really don't want to wait 1 or 3+ months to get the figure, also i ordered late on collectible's direct on man of steel and got it May when they had it in may so i'm not 100% sure what to do i do want to give osb a chance seeing as it's only my first order with them but like i said i'm not waiting a stupid amount of months when other places have it in stock.

I can definitely understand that, collectiblesdirect are a great company too. I've had a few pieces from them and have other stuff on order with them at the moment.

It's worth contacting OSB and having a conversation, Wai Man is a very nice bloke to deal with

They usually charge £10 to cancel I think, but they didn't charge me as it was them who messed up. But I think usually its a £10 charge if its just a case of changing your mind.

Thing is OSB say its first in first out, but I pre ordered the first day and was still waiting until I cancelled a few days ago. I honestly wouldn't believe a word OSB says, I'm not trying to disparage them but I genuinely think they'll say whatever to try and save face and make people think they're a professional company. This is all just from my experience with them though.

That said, I think if they ship something out its usually with you within a day or two and they don't usually have massive delays like this. It's only because they tried to use a different shipping method so they could get more stock and they shot themselves in the foot. I THINK these delays shouldn't really be an issue anymore.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the input, Think i'll bide my time with them a bit as collectible's direct have told me that Thor is gonna be available mid Oct so i'll wait a bit see if osb come through for me.

Glad you got the refund and good luck with Collectibles Direct.I have the Julie Newmar Catwoman on preorder with them so any feedback you can offer on them would be appreciated.

I've been aware that OSB were first in, first out...as I've said before you only had to watch the MOS draw on youtube to see how large an order they were placing with their suppliers. It was frightening. I think I was a few days late in ordering Batman and Robin so I could be waiting a long time for my figures but again, I'm not that bothered as I know I'll get them or get a refund. To be honest; with B&R, The T800 BD and Iron Man Star Boost I'm pretty much done with HT figures as they are so expensive now (unless we see a Reeve CK or DX Superman).
I started using CDUK at the beginning of this year after being stung by MB, and I have to say they are fantastic. Never had a problem and the delivery is fast. Pretty much my go to company.

Yeah, I have to say my first and only experience with collectibles direct so far was very positive. They clearly stated on their site that they were moving address and so orders may take an extra couple of days to arrive. I still got my order within two days of placing it I think, was sent over night delivery, well packaged and good pricing. Only worked out £10 more than my order with OSB but at this point I was willing to pay that just to finally get my figure.

So far, I'd recommend collectibles direct and I'll probably be going with them for future pre orders.

OSB are churning out figures now. FB is showing collectors are receiving ED 209 figures.

I know people are still waiting for earlier figures but I would guess it is when customs etc release them or how long they are held in transit.

Collectibles Direct seem like a good business, as I said I'm waiting for Catwoman but I know Tweeterhead have had delays with that anyway.

In the custom figure/statue arena, delays are a common thing so I'm used to having to sit and wait.

Not to start something but if all the UK customers bought from Official UK Sideshow sellers and not the grey import market you would have had your figures by now. I find it hard to be sympathetic for you. If you bought from official UK sellers then the UK Sideshow distributor would sell more which would mean a better all around price.
I know for a fact they are actively seeking to stop Zaavi from grey importing Sideshow Collectibles stock.

I'm pretty sure Ive shipped something to your store before, not to start something tho but.......

Guys, all I can say is, we are doing our best, yes there was a time we was one of the 1st to get stuff in..... it gone to the point where we have grown so big and orders was so large that the supply is difficult, not as in not getting, but the wait.

So thats why we implemented the ''cap off'' of recent preorders, to get back how we was, being only Maggie and I + another part time chap during packing periods we virtually work non stop, same as many other UK dealers like Matt at ToyHQ, Darren at Collectible KitBash or Lee Good Bad Robots (all who are good friends) we had a huge influx of emails concerning a non Hot Toy figure and we tried our best to answer all.

We are near back to normal with admin but please be patient, we will try to answer all.

As for being a grey importer? Ive been doing it since the late 1980's, I pay what ever the government is asking me to pay as regards to taxes etc etc, they are happy, I am happy, so whats wrong with that?? as it says on my sig... Grey and proud.

Guys, all I can say is, we are doing our best, yes there was a time we was one of the 1st to get stuff in..... it gone to the point where we have grown so big and orders was so large that the supply is difficult, not as in not getting, but the wait.

So thats why we implemented the ''cap off'' of recent preorders, to get back how we was, being only Maggie and I + another part time chap during packing periods we virtually work non stop, same as many other UK dealers like Matt at ToyHQ, Darren at Collectible KitBash or Lee Good Bad Robots (all who are good friends) we had a huge influx of emails concerning a non Hot Toy figure and we tried our best to answer all.

We are near back to normal with admin but please be patient, we will try to answer all.

As for being a grey importer? Ive been doing it since the late 1980's, I pay what ever the government is asking me to pay as regards to taxes etc etc, they are happy, I am happy, so whats wrong with that?? as it says on my sig... Grey and proud.

Well said Waiman!!!

As a fellow dealer, you can understand customers concerns when "the norm " changes slightly but you are the UK figure godfather as far as I'm concerened. You only ever try to do your best. Sometimes in business, you take risks and things don't always work out.
As for Ditch, he always seems to be in the middle of any "controversy" regarding other dealers!
Who is he anyway???

No sign of Batman and Robin for me either

Sent them an email regarding an invoice inquiry 2 weeks ago and no reply at all .... that's 5 emails i sent in 2014 not once i got a reply

Hmm, personally I've sent a number of emails to OSB via their site and Facebook regarding orders I've placed with them and received no response. While they may be busy, they wouldn't be without us customers and I don't think it's too much to expect the common courtesy of a quick e-mail back.

OSB hasn't been responding to my last two e-mails about my order of the Batman & Robin '66 set and a replacement body for Superman MoS figure... :dunno

I'm still waiting on Batman & Robin too.

If there is a new product to be pre-ordered the facebook page is updated right away......but trying to get an email response that's a different story.

Think it's a disgraceful way to treat customers. Sounds like maybe they're having supplier issues, but haven't got the decency to come forward and admit it for fear of the financial / future custom implications. I'm only waiting on a current release that has landed elsewhere (wink), if I'd paid in full months ago like some of their customers, I'd be going crazy!

How about instead of baseless speculation, we stick to the facts eh?! Wai Man has already responded to this thread trying to explain why the admin side of the business takes time.

As for adding new preorders to FB, any business that doesn't keep up with notifying customers regarding new stock will lose out to competitors.

I think the key word there is 'business'. If you think a response that basically says 'we're to busy to get back to you' is an acceptable idea of customer service, then I think we better agree to disagree. Sounds to me like OSB need to employ someone to handle the admin side .

Back