What's the least you ever paid? AKA Wayback Wednesday with Spinal Tap!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's Wayback Wednesday, and I'm going way back...all the way to early in 2001. Back to a time when Sideshow was flexing it's muscles in the sixth scale world, and were producing some very unusual licenses like Spinal Tap. As I was updating this review, I was struck by how cheap I picked them up, and it sparked a question for others: what's the cheapest you've ever paid for a licensed sixth scale figure? These days we talk a lot about how much we've had to spend, but I can't remember a figure I picked up for less than these three...here's that old review, cleaned up a bit:

Review and photos of Spinal Tap sixth scale action figures by Sideshow

I found some random, but well made 1:6 scale loose DID fully kitted Swat/soldier for $4 in a charity shop. (oops not licensed)

Cheapest SS was a MIB Connor McLeod Highlander figure for $45 in 2010

I scored a Sideshow Boromir from Hastings for $6.97... got a few 1/6 Sideshow figures from them over the years for under $15. I didn't even need Boromir (already owned the exclusive) but I bought him and sold him at cost to a boardie :lol

Anyone out there remember the "A. Boyd" sale in late 2008? It was some kind of mom & pop toy outfit that has apparently long since gone out of business. Either way, a bunch of us practically crashed his system when he threw up a random selection of old school (even for the time) SSC figures.

I remember picking up OHMSS, Live And Let Die & TMWTGG Bonds plus a POTA Cornelius for $15 each. I also nabbed a Dr. No and Scaramanga from TMWTGG for $12 a pop. Fun little collection of cheap impulse buys.

I no longer own a single one of 'em. :monkey1

Anyone out there remember the "A. Boyd" sale in late 2008? It was some kind of mom & pop toy outfit that has apparently long since gone out of business. Either way, a bunch of us practically crashed his system when he threw up a random selection of old school (even for the time) SSC figures.

I remember picking up OHMSS, Live And Let Die & TMWTGG Bonds plus a POTA Cornelius for $15 each. I also nabbed a Dr. No and Scaramanga from TMWTGG for $12 a pop. Fun little collection of cheap impulse buys.

I no longer own a single one of 'em. :monkey1
I'm pretty sure that's where I got Frank!

Paid $100 for Hot Toys Bank Robber version 1 on local toy fair, sell it for $300 a years later. Profit....

Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Master for $4.04.

Man I remember buying the AOD figures locally for $45 a pop. Ahhh they were the days.

Back