What's the hold up with the Gandalf the Grey PF??!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Ex and Reguar versions of GTW are on wait list so I don't see any reason why GTG should not be coming soon.:D

So if there's any gathering dust, it's their own fault. I hope they do a better job with the Grey one.

Okay....now.....I always get confused on this, and it's a good time to ask.

Is it GRAY.....or.....GREY? Which is the right spelling?

I think it depends on what country you're from :lol

I've spelt it both ways all my life. When I was younger it was always GRAY, but now it's either way.

There's another one, SPELT. I use that and I'm corrected all the time that it should be SPELLED, yet some say it's SPELT.

nevermind........Where's Gandalf the Greeeeaaaaaay?

Hmmm...

spelt /spɛlt/

–noun

a wheat, Triticum aestivum spelta, native to southern Europe and western Asia, used chiefly for livestock feed.​

There's more though.....

Pronunciation:\ˈspelt\
chiefly British past and past participle of spell

Maybe I was British in a past life with GREY and SPELT! :lol

Weta will definitely be involved in the Hobbit projects. But Sideshow had no involvement in the LOTR films, so it doesn't make sense to worry about their involvement in the new ones.

I know sideshow had nothing to do with the movie
What I said is that if weta are not involved there would be no collaboration between Sideshow and Weta in making the collectibles

I know sideshow had nothing to do with the movie
What I said is that if weta are not involved there would be no collaboration between Sideshow and Weta in making the collectibles

Ah, I get it now; :)

And that is a good question. Even with Weta guaranteed to be working on the films, there is still no news on whether Sideshow and Weta will be able to find a way to renew their collaboration on collectibles, or whether they will each try releasing them separately. I think it's a safe bet that Sideshow will get licenses for The Hobbit, at least as far as PFs, LSBs, and 12" figures go, but for polystone statues and dioramas, Weta has been trying to make a go of it on their own, without a whole lot of success. Will that be any kind of incentive for them to partner with Sideshow again? Only time will tell, I guess.

True, but if they use that as the basis for determining whether a GTG will sell, then they are in the wrong business. Aside from the very lukewarm reception that PF received, due to the awkward pose and poor likeness, GTW and GTG are really very different characters, and GTG is the most fundamental icon of any character in the story.

No offense but its not a poor likeness at all. Not even close in fact. :)

That being said I want a GTG PF and it should have come out before GTW IMO.

I'd be willing to be you a dollar to a donut that we do not see any SSW pieces but pieces from both. Those days are done.

No offense but its not a poor likeness at all. Not even close in fact. :)

That being said I want a GTG PF and it should have come out before GTW IMO.

I'd be willing to be you a dollar to a donut that we do not see any SSW pieces but pieces from both. Those days are done.

True. It's just not going to happen. Neither company needs the other and both will be given different licences. I love the idea of these two companies competing against each other. I can't think of a better way to ensure we'll get top notch quality from both companies.

True. It's just not going to happen. Neither company needs the other and both will be given different licences. I love the idea of these two companies competing against each other. I can't think of a better way to ensure we'll get top notch quality from both companies.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Could not agree more, I cannot wait for the compeitition from these companies to begin either! I think it will be difficult to choose between the two as well...can see most hobbit fans having a mix of both in there collections!

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Could not agree more, I cannot wait for the compeitition from these companies to begin either! I think it will be difficult to choose between the two as well...can see most hobbit fans having a mix of both in there collections!

Absolutely. It's the only way to go, though I fear our wallets will suffer greatly. :D

The only problem is, Weta hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire with their collectibles lines. They may decide that they actually made out better financially when they were partnered with Sideshow. But, I'm still inclined to agree with you.

The only problem is, Weta hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire with their collectibles lines. They may decide that they actually made out better financially when they were partnered with Sideshow. But, I'm still inclined to agree with you.

I would think they would see it that way considering they've done nothing but vomit all over themselves since but I doubt it happens.

While this is certainly true I think you have to remember that Weta, first and foremost, is a special effects company, not a collectibles company. It seems to me they are content where they are, and doing what they're doing. They walked away from the LOTR licence years ago then in rapid succession announced the Kong, Narnia, and Superman licences....and have done very little since then.
As far as I can tell making movie collectibles isn't their passion....making movie special effects is. Producing collectibles seems to be like a part-time job for them, one that they work at when they have time, but being how successful they are in the movie industry there seems to be precious little time available. I think this lack of emphasis on collectibles is reflected in their lack of licences, and their lack of success.

Back