What's on Your Summer Reading List?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dostoevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov" for the third time, this time with a different translation (by Richard Peyear).

Haruki Murakami's "After Dark". Bought this book a couple weeks ago, never got around to reading it. I love Murakami stories.

The Brothers Karamazov is one of my all-time favorite books... I couldn't tell you who it was translated by though. :eek: Murakami is also one of my favorite authors. Windup Bird Chronicles = :rock

:lol:rotfl:D
that's funny

BUT IT'S NOT REALLY, ASK PIX:monkey2

Well now you know. And knowing is half the battle. :lol ;)

Lets see here....

World War Z, SW: Legacy of the Force books, and the new Bond book, "Devil May Care".

World War Z is great! Expect a few slow parts but it is wonderful overall.

I also recommend Day by Day Armageddon which is a journal of an airforce pilots time surviving the coming of the zombie plague.

i just started the Bourne Identity and plan on reading the entire series. i just finished reading a book on Tourette's Syndrome for research purposes. after the Bourne books i'm gonna read the Legacy of the Force series from start to finish. then possibly Darth Bane's second book.

the books I want to read come out in the Fall. The Pirate king and Brisingr come out in Oct and Sept. I will make a few trips to the book store to see if anything catches my attention but other than that I will be rereading a few books I have.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams ... I got it not to long ago but haven't been able to read it ... My friend said the movie is nowhere near as good as the books ... she hated the movie.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams ... I got it not to long ago but haven't been able to read it ... My friend said the movie is nowhere near as good as the books ... she hated the movie.

I didn't think the movie translated the tone of the book all that well. I really liked the book!

The Brothers Karamazovis one of my favorites as well, although Crime and Punishment and War and Peaceslightly edge it out as far as Russian literature goes. I just finished Devil May Care and it's not bad. I think Faulks does a pretty good job imitating Fleming's style. I am currently reading Eragon and I'll read Eldest at some point over the summer to get ready for Brisingr. Next I'm going to read Double or Die by Charlie Higson, it is the third Young Bond book. A biography of Walt Disney by Neal Gabler, Second Sight by Charles McCarry, The Bookman's Promise by John Dunning, Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, The Black Echo by Michael Connolly, are the next books in line. Although something else that grabs my attention may get stuck in there. Or I may decide to read a book or two further down the list before some of the ones on here.

Is it sad that I plan out the order I am going to read my books?

Lots of Batman graphic novels.

I'm going to try to get all the way through Paradise Lost for the first time too. It's one of those books that I end up putting down and not getting back to until it's too late, making me have to start over. I need to take a week off and do nothing but. No work, no video games, no beer, no anything else. Just Milton.

And for the Dostoyevsky fans here, if you haven't, you should read The Demons.

Back