What's on Your Summer Reading List?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djklambake

Super Freak
Reaction score
Summer's here and, for those of us who can afford a gallon or two of gas, we'll be taking some time off elsewhere to relax. Not a bad time to curl up with a book or three...

I just finished "Rant" by Chuck Palahniuk (not bad) and I'm on to "We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families: Stories from Rwanda" by Philip Gourevitch

What books do you have queued up for this summer? Any other recommendations?

"What Happened" by Scott McClellan.

Other than that, I'll be catching up on my Star Trek and try some more Doctor Who.

I'll be finishing up the Star Wars: Legacy of The Force series, got 3 more to read before it's done, and I'll also be reading Brisingr, the third book in the Inheritance Series when it comes out this September.

I am planning on finishing the Temeraire series, Shantaram, The God Delusion and Universe in a Nutshell. Not to mention my current revived interest in past comics, so I'll be catching up on past Marvel and DC events.

Dostoevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov" for the third time, this time with a different translation (by Richard Peyear).

Haruki Murakami's "After Dark". Bought this book a couple weeks ago, never got around to reading it. I love Murakami stories.

I have a stack of Philip K. Dick and Isaac Asimov classics I've never gotten around to.

did you read "A Scanner Darkly" and "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"? both are excellent!

I've only read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." Great book, fairly different from Blade Runner.

I haven't read any other K. Dick books, but I have "A Scanner Darkly" along with "Simulacra" and others on my to-read list.

I've only read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." Great book, fairly different from Blade Runner.

I haven't read any other K. Dick books, but I have "A Scanner Darkly" along with "Simulacra" and others on my to-read list.

"Flow my tears the policeman said" is another good Dick book

Really looking forward to reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy....might have to fight over my copy with my hubby.....

Back