What's next for Hot Toys Iron Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's next for the Hot Toys Iron Man Cash Cow?

How well did the Mech Test Sell?

The Mech Test rotted on the shelves at Sideshow, it even hit the sales (at least what they consider a sale) it was only after the well dried up that all of sudden it spiked in aftermarket price.

So i've got the Mark V coming soon, which should be awesome, but after that i'm probably gonna leave the Iron Man line.

I had the MK II (AU) on order, i even sold my Mark 2 original version to get it, but then after a bit i didn't really miss it from my shelf and cancelled the Armor Unleashed version.

Iron Monger is fantastic but i didnt really like the character personally.

All of the Iron Man armours have been made and some re-made, we got a few human characters and 1/6 Environments/Dioramas, there are a few left to do, although Hot Toys hasn't shown any evidence of doing anymore non-armoured characters.

I think there are some great characters that haven't been made yet, and would make for unique and original figures.

ONE of these Tony Stark's would be very welcome in keeping the line fresh.

The Cave/Hostage Tony Stark, ideally light-up chest RT and bandages to cover it with a plugged in car battery - from Iron Man 1

DowneyStark.jpg

OR

Racing Suit Tony Stark - From Iron Man 2

iron-man-trailer-8_480x270.jpg

OR

"Creating the Element Tony Stark" - from Iron Man 2

iron-man-20091201-tony-stark.jpg

(Mech Test Tony has been made, but aside from Head Sculpts there haven't been anymore of the main character which is surprising in contrast to 10 Iron Man armors made.)

Whiplash MK 2 Armor - Iron Man 2

Whiplash.png

Hammer Drone - from Iron Man 2

600px-IM2_19.jpg

People have listed Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan and Justin Hammer as figures they'd like, but to me atleast they are supporting or background characters and not unique enough to warrent a a figure IMO.
Nick Fury would be ace, but is likely being saved for the Avengers film so there isnt likely to be an Iron Man 2 version.​

Whiplash V2 would be cool as would the drones. Honestly, I don't need many just regular Tony figures.

Whiplash V2 would be cool as would the drones. Honestly, I don't need many just regular Tony figures.

Having one of those Tony's or another other really would be good as it could have a built in chest RT light.

Whiplash would be fantastic, my clear favourite, it's fantastic they made Monger, he's original and not a variant or remake, i would hope they do the same for the Whiplash armor.

Last edited:

The Cave/Hostage Tony Stark, ideally light-up chest RT and bandages to cover it with a plugged in car battery

DowneyStark.jpg

I'll surely buy this one.
First "Iron Man" was a great movie and the best one from Marvel yet.

Having one of those Tony's or another other really would be good as it could have a built in chest RT light.

Whiplash would be fantastic, my clear favourite, it's fantastic they made Monger, he's original and not a variant or remake, i would hope they do the same for the Whiplash armor.

The mech test really is good enough. I'd rather them concentrate on the armored figures be it Iron Man, Iron Monger, Whiplash V2. However, I'll take every armor he wears on film as I said over a regular Stark figure.

And done them very,very well.

Id really love to see the Monaco race suit version and was a little disappointed they could nt have done a DX type affair for the Mark V I think it warranted something extra special.

And done them very,very well.

Id really love to see the Monaco race suit version and was a little disappointed they could nt have done a DX type affair for the Mark V I think it warranted something extra special.

After getting the MK V i'm done with armours, but seeing the suitcase accessory really makes me want a Monaco Tony too.

An open suitcase would be cool:

Suitcase_armor_racetrack_snapshoot.jpg

I'm actually suprised with all the variants being done by HT they never did the Gold Alloy Mark III, that is shown on screen before Tony adds the red. It's only a computer generated image through JARVIS but given the gray version and the upcoming Stealth, I'm shocked that an actual film variant hasn't come to mind.

I actually would like to see a Hulk buster edition done.
I can see Avengers using it against the Hulk in the future movies.
Well, one can dream.....

I'm surprised we never got a BD War Machine. I thought for sure he'd be re-released, but I guess he never sold as well as the Tony suits, as I still see him for sale at regular retailers.

After getting the MK V i'm done with armours, but seeing the suitcase accessory really makes me want a Monaco Tony too.

An open suitcase would be cool:

Suitcase_armor_racetrack_snapshoot.jpg

Me too! But I said the same thing when they released Mark IV from IM2. Now, I have every armor (except Silly Thing).

But, I hope I will stop here. 9 Tony Stark Iron Men (not including War Machine and Monger (POed) is enough....I hope!

Back