What's next for Hot Toys Iron Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
After the announcement of the Mark II Armour Unleashed version, many Hot Toys collectors were already talking of the excessive amount of figures for the IronMan line as of then.

Since then there has been the Secret Project MK IV, Suit-Up Gantry, MK III Stealth Version and Iron Monger.

So this line really shows no sign of stopping, because just when you think it has, boom another announcement.

So my question is what would you like for the next inevitable Iron Man Announcement?

1. I would really actually want a TrueType Tony Stark with light-up chest RT. The muscular torso would look great as would the arms, but i would want to use the Forearm Gauntlet that came with the MK VI exclusive (it only fits standard TT arms)

2. Or the above Tony Stark TT, with Racing Suit and new Head Sculpt.

3. Whiplash Armour Version, with light-up blue whips and new Head Sculpt of Ivan Vanko.

4. Battle-Damaged (only, not parts) War Machine.

5. Nick Fury

(I don't want this) but imagine the price-related backlash if Hot Toys announced a 1/6 Stark Formula 1 Racing Car :lol

Last edited:
Re: What's next for the Hot Toys Iron Man Cash Cow?

I agree with all of your choices and would also like to add a Justin Hammer and all of the Hammer drones.

1. Monaco race suit Tony Stark
2. Whiplash Mark ii
3. Justin Hammer / Pepper Potts
4. Silver Centurion
5. Avengers IM armor

I always thought the Hammer drones would've made a cool exclusive. Where each con gets their own branch (I.e. SDCC-US Army, Ani-Com-US Marine corps., Tokyo Toy Show-US Navy,etc.)

I agree with all so far. I have already stated before my interest in a dx stark in suit from afgan, and cave clothing. I would also add another dio. Sounds crap on its own to buy but its for the pose I want to make. BIG GIANT RANDY DONUT.

I always thought the Hammer drones would've made a cool exclusive. Where each con gets their own branch (I.e. SDCC-US Army, Ani-Com-US Marine corps., Tokyo Toy Show-US Navy,etc.)

Wow, what a headache that would be. Imagine having to scramble to be able to get he complete set? Or having to go to ebay and purchase the ones you missed at ridiculous prices. Gives me anxiety just to think about it.

Anyway, as Iron Man figures go, I hope they just remake the Mark I at some point. I'm confident that they will.

yes, i would definitely like a remake if Mark I.... i hope and figure the will make a whiplash in his armor.. that would be a must buy for me

I'd love a Whiplash in his Armor & definitely the drones to. Until we get an Avengers IM, I'm not bothered about getting anymore IM MK what evers, with the exception of may be a MK I but I'll only be half hearted about that. Really like the look of Stealth but he's not in the film so I won't be buying that either.

I'd love a Whiplash in his Armor & definitely the drones to. Until we get an Avengers IM, I'm not bothered about getting anymore IM MK what evers, with the exception of may be a MK I but I'll only be half hearted about that. Really like the look of Stealth but he's not in the film so I won't be buying that either.

:goodpost:

Definitely no more Iron Man Armours.

HT seems more interested in the crazy robot looks than regular old humans in suits or whatever. So, I wouldn't bank on a Tony in a suit, or racing outfit, or Justin Hammer, or Pepper Potts. If more IM 2 figures come, my money would be on Whiplash V2, the drones, and then maybe a BD War Machine. Mark I is also possible just because it would be relatively cheap to do and would rake in lots of money. Could be akin to the Batman con exclusive this year--same basic mold, but a new face underneath, maybe some BD options, and a few other parts so you could make yourself some version of Tony not suited up (Tuxedo maybe?).

I assume we'll be getting more repaints on the heels of the Stealth Mark III. The one repaint I'd like to see is the Ultimate colors. Hasbro put out a Mark IV figure that was repainted to look like the Ultimate Armor, and I was surprised at how good it looked.

I assume we'll be getting more repaints on the heels of the Stealth Mark III. The one repaint I'd like to see is the Ultimate colors. Hasbro put out a Mark IV figure that was repainted to look like the Ultimate Armor, and I was surprised at how good it looked.

:postpics::monkey4:wink1:

With Iron Monger coming, I'd be shocked if we didn't see Whiplash II probably out with a War Machine BD. Then you've got The Avengers which I guarantee will feature two Marks minimum if not armors that are shown but not used. Not to mention that Iron Man 3 is slated for 2013 so you'll get whatever is involved with that too. HT's Iron Man machine isn't slowing anytime soon.

You'll never see Pepper Potts, I seriously doubt a Monaco Tony and a Nick Fury has a better shot at coming with The Avengers line than here so I would think HT will focus on Tony and anything armor related from here on out.

Happy, with a full scale Rolls Royce.

Back