What will be the first Artisan Edition Marvel Hot Toy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Artisan is just about real hair then Thor and Loki have to be the obvious choices, followed by Black Widow and Wanda.

So they will of course do Iron Man instead.

They'd end up giving that one away for free 😅

I'll probably end up with all of them :rotfl

Tbh, after the desasters with Joker and Anakin, I hope they stop this line.
I won't be able to get them anyway.

I do wish they'd increase the production capacity, perhaps a generously timed pre-order window (?)

Last edited:
For your consideration…

B4ECADFD-ACF7-4683-A50D-8B29B511B249.jpeg

Personally, I feel like Hot Toys needs to do what Disney is doing when it comes to Marvel. Stop focusing on what’s new/the event of the week and start prioritizing quality over quantity. I’d love it if they used the Artisan line to go back to basics and strip the MCU line down to its roots/focus on iconic moments and versions of characters. Battle Damaged Tony from the climax of the first Iron Man in his Mark III suit with that matted, sweaty hair, for instance. Captain America from TFA. Hell, I’m surprised no one’s mentioned The Winter Soldier, yet. Bucky seems like he’d be perfectly suited to it with all that hair. :lol

Last edited:
Rooted hair rarely looks as effective on characters with short hair and in my opinion and is not worth it. I don't think any Tony Stark figure warrants this treatment.

Artisan should only be reserved for iconic characters from iconic movies. No Disney plus shows are worthy of this Line. A Loki (which I agree is a good candidate) would have to be from one of the movies, maybe Thor 1 or Avengers. Thor from the Avengers is another good option as is Black Widow from the Avengers.

Maybe I'm missing the point of the whole Artisan thing HT has put together but isn't it about more than just rooted hair? Has to be, right? It's just a way to reissue something in a different way to get collectors to buy-in.

If Hot Toys really wants to go “All In” (😏) with the “Artisan” moniker they should have their sculptors include a fresh baked loaf of bread with every figure. “Hot Toys…and Hotter Bread” 🔥🍞

…but yeah, “Iron Man 2” Black Widow or Peggy Carter are worthy candidates.

Unless I'm forgetting, Hot Toys never did a DX for a Marvel figure right? I am kind of doubting they'll do an artisan. Besides that, as others said the lack of characters with long hair really limits what they're really going for with the artisan line. Plus in general there's too many movies, the most iconic things usually involve Iron Man. They already did the snap BD Iron Man, that kind of takes the cake.

Maybe I'm missing the point of the whole Artisan thing HT has put together but isn't it about more than just rooted hair? Has to be, right? It's just a way to reissue something in a different way to get collectors to buy-in.

Considering the price of the sculpted hair Joker, I am guessing they elevated their soft goods game for that figure too.

If they want a MCU character with a hairstyle worthy to make Artisan, my first choice would be IM2 Black Widow. Second to that would be Peggy Carter, HT already ran out of the CA1 license, so my bet would be IM2 BW… with the mace can please!

Back