What was your first Star Wars 1/6 figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dartball

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm interested in finding out what figure was peoples gateway into Star Wars 1/6 scale. My first figure that started my collection was Sideshow's ESB Boba Fett and it's led to me buying 25 more figures.

What was your first Star Wars 1/6 figure?

Jedi Luke - SSC's first Star Wars figure. My first Star Wars 1;6 was the Kenner (yea, Kenner) Luke back in 197?...

This ugly ****er.

HBDVCS.jpg

Also had the Snowtrooper. But that was it until Sideshow got the license. 3.75" FTW

My first one (from Sideshow) was their Jedi Luke. Quite the gateway, since I bought every one they came out with since then.

My first was Commander Cody, which hooked me instantly. I had ESB Fett, Captain Rex, and Commander bly withing the next few months

My first SSC figure was Jedi Luke. We were on vacation in Maine and I saw it on sale at a news stand. I had birthday money and my twin brother talked me into buying it. Sideshow products at the time were scarce in my area.
Ever since then I've bought every SSC Star Wars figure they've produced.

I believe mine was a Hasbro Obi-wan. I actually had almost the entire Hasbro 12" collection when Sideshow's Jedi Luke was announced. Once Sideshow got started, I cut my collection down dramatically as the Hasbro figures just couldn't stand in the same light as the Sideshow figures (but some make great custom fodder).

From Sideshow, it was Cody and Waxxer and Boil, that started the insanity that my house has become. :lol

Hasbro was the Snowtrooper in the mid 90's, then i got Darth Maul in 99.

Real 1/6 collecting began in 2013 with the 1/6 Medicom Boba Fett. At the time i didn't know the difference between Sideshow and Medicom so i bought the Medicom since it was $25 cheaper. I learned that Medi doesn't scale with the rest as soon as i bought it so i went and bought the Sideshow Fett a couple of weeks later on eBay. I've been addicted since.

the first 1/6 figure was the old kenner han and obi-wan from 78 I got a good deal on ebay for the pair about 20 years ago still in there boxes. and those other kenner /hasbro . and it all started for me again back in 06 with episode III obi-wan, mace windu, kit fisto, qui-gone jin, darth maul. I bought a huge lot at that time they were cheap as they were just released and went on from there. I have since sold off my prequel collection of 32 figures. I still have the original trilogy figures from sideshow since that's the trilogy that I grew up with.

Back