What was your first Star Wars 1/6 figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 5 delivered at the same time. SS's Jedi Luke, Bespin Han, Mace, Kit Fisto and Anakin. All for £160 shipped. Those were the days!!!

Wasn't in that scale at all as a kid. First ever 1:6 Star Wars that caught my attention was Sideshow's Jedi Luke. Collected almost a hundred since then :thud:

I got the Hasbro Collector Series Luke, Han, Obi-Wan, and Vader for Christmas one year. I didn't even ask for them! I played with them for a while but soon took the collector mentality and put them on a shelf and stuck to playing with 3.75" figures. I ended up with nearly all the other Hasbro 12" line. I never played with those so they only show shelf wear from over the years. When SSC got the license, my dad and I were wise and didn't pursue it because we already had all the characters. Now I'm actually content with my SW collection and I don't care about SSC or HT.

I had a few Hasbro ones but my first "high end" was SS Bib Fortuna for $35. It was that alien that slowly started me into the HT direction. FYI I sold him

I'm interested in finding out what figure was peoples gateway into Star Wars 1/6 scale. My first figure that started my collection was Sideshow's ESB Boba Fett and it's led to me buying 25 more figures.

What was your first Star Wars 1/6 figure?
I really wanted the vintage Kenner 12" Vader, Chewbacca & C-3PO when I was a kid.. never panned out that way. :lol

My actual first 1/6 SW figures were the SSC Qui-Gon, Sandtrooper Corporal & Endor Rebel soldier back in around 2010. I sold the Qui-Gon soon after (should've kept the outfit), sold the Sandie, & ported the Endor Rebel's gear over to a Hot Toys base body figure.

Last edited:
First figure I really wanted was the Snowtrooper, but by the time I decided to make the foray into 1/6th it was long sold out and too pricey on eBay.
I then made my first pre-orders Hoth Han and Probe Droid. Then the Snowtrooper popped up from the Chinese eBay seller over the summer at $179, so after lurking here and seeing it was legit I ordered that, and immediately tracked down an e-Webb. The e-Webb actually arrived first (although FedEx made a mistake and delivered a guitar case meant for someone who lives a couple blocks away so I drove over to some stranger's house and claimed my rightful package from their doorstep). So that was what came first, then the Probe Droid arrived, but in the end, fittingly, the Snowtrooper was my first actual "figure."

I got the Hasbro Ultimate Jango Fett thing for Christmas in 2002. Entertainment Earth accidentally sent us two! Pure nostalgia for that figure is why I'm getting the SS Jango.

Hot Toys Bespin Luke.

The first Star Wars figure I ever had was a Kenner/Palitoy ~4 inch Vader in '78 or '79, don't remember the exact year but it was on vacation and at a gas station and they had a whole lot of Star Wars figures. I have always looked back at that and thought it a little strange. Probably bought cheap when the major hype of Star Wars had settled.

My first Sideshow figure was Sdcc Sith Anakin/Vader. I then continued to focus on the Lords of the Sith line & hoped they'd make Count Dooku.....inbetween the long wait for Tyranus......i caved and bought all the Clone Commanders & some Jedi, i've since sold all my clones & Jedi.

SSC Commander Gree.

Used to love it, but displaying him with the more recent SSC Star Wars figures kinda ruined him for me. He doesn't hold a candle to them.

My first foray into the world of 1/6 was Sideshow's Sandtrooper Sergeant - cracking figure! After that it kind of got out of hand....

First 1/6 was the talking Emperor and Royal Guard set back in the late 90s. I had a few more after that but they looked like dolls so I just stuck to the 3.75 stuff. Until I was in a local collector shop and they had SSC Bacara on offer. I bought him on a whim and have since stopped buying Hasbro, and have 14 more 1/6 Star Wars figures :)

Back