What was your 1st 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first that I actually ordered was the HT Mark IV. The first I ever had in-hand was the HT Joker DX. It amazes me how many I got in between placing my order for the Mark IV and actually receiving it. Really whish I had started collecting years ago.

My first was the original suit batman from the hot toys TDK licence and i have been sold on hot toys ever since unfortunately due to circumstances (finances) my collection does not expand as quickly as I wished it would.

My first was long time ago it was a very rare Osama Bin Laden figure from a anonymous company (rumored to be Armoury Toys). I bought a couple of more army figures, but didnt start collecting at all. it was until I got DX Joker and DX Batman that I got hooked just some months ago.

There's probably only a handful of Freaks old enough to remember mine:

Orange haired and beared G.I.Joe that came with the "Seawolf" submarine.

Though not technically a 12" figure (slightly shorter), there was "Big Jim" and his RV camper, along with the boat that was stored on the roof of the camper.

Wow, talk about a stroll down memory lane...

As a child: My parents bought me the Kenner Chewbacca doll. My mom found Leia still in the box at a boot/yard sale or some such, but that was it for large figures during my childhood.

As an adult: 12" Hoth Leia from Hasbro for modern 1:6 mass-market toys. Sideshow's Scully was my first collector-grade 1:6 figure.

There's probably only a handful of Freaks old enough to remember mine:

Orange haired and beared G.I.Joe that came with the "Seawolf" submarine.

Though not technically a 12" figure (slightly shorter), there was "Big Jim" and his RV camper, along with the boat that was stored on the roof of the camper.

Wow, talk about a stroll down memory lane...

I am one of those handful. I remember being in agony waiting for Christmas 1975 and the Sea Wolfe. I knew I was getting one as my parents bought it and tried to "distract" me while the other snuck it into the trunk. I was a savvy enough 7 year old to play dumb. Man, I loved that submarine! I remember the gray giant squid that came with it, too. As it was the year of Jaws, my G.I. Joe fought plenty of rubber sharks!
I so loved growing up in the 70's.

My first collector 1/6 was Qui Gon Jinn but the bug absolutely hit me with the Sean Connery Goldfinger. Wish Sideshow could have made Grant, Goldfinger, Largo, YOLT Blofeld and Drax.

i'm new so my first was rah venom a birthday gift from my wife... i collect spawn and mcfarlane and i was surprised how great the fig is... so i sold all my collections and switched to 1/6 mostly hot toys...

080520091203.jpg

For me, was sideshow SW anakin exclusive sith version and darth maul, from there it was Hot toys and Sideshow, was collecting 6 inch figures, so I only keept the ones I like the most and switch to 1/6

My first were Early 90's Gi Joe Hall of Fame Storm Shadow and cobra commander. Man I used to think Cobra Commander was such a badass. I also enjoyed his memo pad in his brief case that said things to do: TAKE OVER THE WORLD! That cracked me up even as a kid.

First mordern would be Marvel Studio's Blade which I picked up at a Wal-Mart followed closed by SSC Ash, Evil Ash, S-Mart Ash.

Back