What toy companies are you most loyal to?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow.

That's the only toy company that I can say that I'm "loyal" to. They are on a completely higher level from the others.

Hot Toys does some good stuff but can't touch Sideshow's customer service, fan appreciation and personal attention.

I agree, Sideshow's customer service is stellar.

:lecture

SSC's Customer Service :rock:rock:rock:rock

I'm not loyal to any one, I go with who brings out the best 1/6th figures. Be it Hot Toys, Enterbay, Sideshow, or Medicom, I can't lose no matter what!

I don't have any 'loyalty' to any company, the product either interests me or it doesn't. My favourite company at the moment is Hot Toys, but that could change anytime.

However, if Go!Hero actually manage to get their figures into production then I feel they will have earned my loyalty because they're obviously trying very hard to produce great retro figures that no one else would do, as a labour of love as much as commerce.

Hot Toys for their quality and attention to detail, Sideshow for availability of some of the hottest licenses, Medicom for great anime figures, Enterbay and Go Hero for bringing some great stuff to the table and upping the standards (though they are smaller companies).

One thing I've learned as a collector is that you can never remain loyal to any one company because no matter how good they are, sooner or later they will all disappoint in some way. Sideshow has outstanding customer service but probably the thing that irritates me most about them is that they never commit themselves to any license from the beginning and always give their customers an incomplete or relatively unfulfilled line. Every license they have ever had is eventually abandoned and key characters end up never getting made. It's probably the most frustrating aspect about the company aside from substantial differences between prototype and production pieces and lackluster factory paints. Hot Toys is the same when it comes to unfulfilled licenses but at least they are generally consistent with sculpting and factory paints which Sideshow is either hit or miss on. As for Hot Toys customer service... non-existent. They are the polar opposite of Sideshow. I've tried for over a year to e-mail them about getting replacement parts for my broken Aliens warriors and ED-209 and they have yet to respond to one of about a dozen e-mails. With every company you take the good with the bad and you buy what you like and pass on what you don't but it would be nice if we had a sense of just how deep these companies are going to take the license before we as collectors make a commitment to support them. If Sideshow had said that they were only going to offer 7 LOTR figures from the start and here's who we will make, nobody would have probably bought any of them knowing that the fellowship would never be completed. If they had solicited more fans choice polling to find out what 7 characters the collectors wanted to see made the most beforehand and had actually made them then perhaps the line would have had more success for both them and for us. The same with G.I. Joe. At some point interest in the line will diminish as more unpopular characters get made like we are already seeing with Star Wars and the line will inevitably get put "on hold" and that will be it and somebody will be PO'd they didn't get their Roadblock figure or Cobra-LA. You just can't please everybody but I think Sideshow, Hot Toys, and all of these other collectibles companies should listen more to what the fans really want to see made and make every effort to produce them rather than relying on repaints and variants and skimping on tooling just to make a quick buck. And the circle will never be complete with Star Wars either. Somebody's going to get upset they didn't get their 1:6 Snips.

I don't think I have loyalty to any particular brand. I buy any stuff which I like. However, if I have had bad experience with any purchases with say Company A, then I will be more hesitant to buy their products again even if they release something that I like.

So far, my experience with Sideshow shows that they are probably one of the best in terms of customer service. And I agree with Kl241 that Hot Toys' customer service is almost non-existent. And if you have visited their retail outlet (known as Toy Hunters) in Hong Kong before, you will probably realise that their staff at the shop have one of the worst possible customer service attitude.

I agree toystale. I have no "brand" loyalty.

I collect 1/6th scale so I have a smaller market but ultimately I'm loyal to my collection. I will buy what I want from who I want.

Main collectibles allegiance is to Sideshow. Hot Toys is a close second, although I get a lot of those from Sideshow :lol

Past that I buy whatever catches my interest from other companies or custom artists.

One thing I've learned as a collector is that you can never remain loyal to any one company because no matter how good they are, sooner or later they will all disappoint in some way. Sideshow has outstanding customer service but probably the thing that irritates me most about them is that they never commit themselves to any license from the beginning and always give their customers an incomplete or relatively unfulfilled line. Every license they have ever had is eventually abandoned and key characters end up never getting made. It's probably the most frustrating aspect about the company aside from substantial differences between prototype and production pieces and lackluster factory paints. Hot Toys is the same when it comes to unfulfilled licenses but at least they are generally consistent with sculpting and factory paints which Sideshow is either hit or miss on. As for Hot Toys customer service... non-existent. They are the polar opposite of Sideshow. I've tried for over a year to e-mail them about getting replacement parts for my broken Aliens warriors and ED-209 and they have yet to respond to one of about a dozen e-mails. With every company you take the good with the bad and you buy what you like and pass on what you don't but it would be nice if we had a sense of just how deep these companies are going to take the license before we as collectors make a commitment to support them. If Sideshow had said that they were only going to offer 7 LOTR figures from the start and here's who we will make, nobody would have probably bought any of them knowing that the fellowship would never be completed. If they had solicited more fans choice polling to find out what 7 characters the collectors wanted to see made the most beforehand and had actually made them then perhaps the line would have had more success for both them and for us. The same with G.I. Joe. At some point interest in the line will diminish as more unpopular characters get made like we are already seeing with Star Wars and the line will inevitably get put "on hold" and that will be it and somebody will be PO'd they didn't get their Roadblock figure or Cobra-LA. You just can't please everybody but I think Sideshow, Hot Toys, and all of these other collectibles companies should listen more to what the fans really want to see made and make every effort to produce them rather than relying on repaints and variants and skimping on tooling just to make a quick buck. And the circle will never be complete with Star Wars either. Somebody's going to get upset they didn't get their 1:6 Snips.

Dude... ever heard of paragraphs?? :google:google

Back