What to do, ARGH FRIENDS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped doing that years ago also, I have some friends that still go, but only once in a blue moon do I join them, usually for a bday or to blow off steam and get hammered. Now my friends and I usually go out to eat at decent resto or we have poker night once a month. Play cards, drink beer, watch sports.

Hey guys, just wondered and I'm sure this has happened to many peeps... I have some buddies and they are older and single at the moment, of course most of you guys/gals know that I got recently married in October and it was one of the best days of my entire life.

Well here's the scoop, I have these friends that go out clubbing and they go to places that are way younger for them, I'm 32 right now and these guys are getting up there close to the 40 marker. The problem is that even though I don't drink often or at all, I would like to hang with them but I'm so out of that scene it's not even funny. It's total boredom, I mean if I'm gonna drink I'm gonna go somewhere with awesome beer and really just to catch up with my buds, not some place with pounding bass and where you can't hear the person next to you on what they are saying...

I know they are single but why are they still into this scene do you ever think they'll ever grow out of it or continue to party like it's 1999. :lol

My deal is I don't wanna hang with college kids and drink Bud Light, Budweiser and Coronas at a bar. Do I have the problem....? Thank god I have this hobby and bodybuilding because I don't think I could rely on these guys for a good time out :D

I just think I'm over it and chilling places that have character are more my style these days...

Thoughts comments, all appreciated.

I'm hearing you man....I have never been into the party or clubbing scene, it was just never for me, I would rather have nice small get together with close family and friends....I also don't drink, at the most Ive had a couple of wine coolers years ago, but that's it...For one, I never liked the taste of alcohol and two, I just prefer not to drink, It's just bad stuff I don't need in my body...The funniest thing tho is seeing the peoples expressions and comments when I tell them that I don't drink, the shock on their faces :lol But anyway, that's just me, I'm a very layed back type of guy that would rather stay home with a small group of family and friends and watch a movie and just hang out than rather go out to clubs partying all night....So I'm with ya dude and understand where your coming from...So I'll be your new reserved layed back friend ok? :lol

Last edited:
I'm hearing you man....I have never been into the party or clubbing scene, it was just never for me, I would rather have nice small get together with close family and friends....I also don't drink, at the most Ive had a couple of wine coolers years ago, but that's it...For one, I never liked the taste of alcohol and two, I just prefer not to drink, It's just bad stuff I don't need in my body...The funniest thing tho is seeing the peoples expressions and comments when I tell them that I don't drink, the shock on their faces :lol But anyway, that's just me, I'm a very layed back type of guy that would rather stay home with a small group of family and friends and watch a movie and just hang out than rather go out to clubs parting all night....So I'm with ya dude and understand where your coming from...So I'll be your new reserved layed back friend ok? :lol
That is exactly like me. Other than the fact that I drink more often. :lol

Back