What to do, ARGH FRIENDS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess it's a case of "to each his own", ski.

i still enjoy clubbing every now and then. i suppose it's the company i keep. the clubbers i hang out with are mostly in their mid-20s and the clubbing scene in asia is somewhat different than in the west. we're not so much into sports bars and pubs. so nightlife usually means (god forbid!) karaoke joints, or clubs with (mainly) electronica/house music.

if your friends enjoy clubbing but u don't maybe u should try expanding your social network and find like-minded folks who share your idea of a good night out. easier said than done i know.

but i went thru the same phase. at one point, i got kinda bored of a particular bunch of friends who insisted on hitting the same friggin bar every single weekend. so i just started hanging out with my high-school mates again, who were more into low-brow stuff like playstation marathons. but eventually, i got bored of doing that too. :D

variety is key, i guess...

just my 2 cents'.

Maybe I should party harder. Alas, I don't like drinking at all or going to clubs so I have more in common with the older folk already. :lol

One thing is for sure I want to live. I want to have adventures and stories and sleep with countless women (and never be tied down) :lol

You just have to be comfortable in your own life man. Just try not to regret anything or hurt other people. :D

Bro, I like you but you have to realize that marriage is the kiss of death to youth and most friendships. Unless you are one of those rare couples that party together then you just settle down and become old and have old couple friends.

Your friends have different priorities then you at this time. They want to get laid and be crazy. I would just respect that and personally if it was me in this situation I would go out with them as much as possible! You have the rest of your life to lazily sip some quality beer but I know you won't be telling crazy stories about it on your deathbed. :lol

Live fast. Live Rock N' Roll. :rock

Peace Brotha.

Interesting, I like seeing the other point of view here. Oh yeah I respect them, that's why I usually am the one to opt out whenever I do hear it's a place like the sorts.

I guess I'm turning into a old foggie, there's no way I can hang or be allowed to hang with other priorities the way they do... 3:00-4:00 a.m. Denny's, crunked out of my mind :monkey4 It's cool the good ole days but yeah it's not for me and it's totally fine if they want to do that I'm not looking down on them nor do I judge them, I do respect whatever they want to do.

Just like some others have said, I wish they would once in a while pick a lower key place and not :rock2 all the time :lol

and my gal would allow me to go because she wants me to be with the fellas but it's come to a point to where I'm telling my gal "hey I'm goin out with the guys tonight" and she'll be fine with it, then later I'm going "I'm gonna stay home and chill they are going to a madhouse, blazing saddles place" Guess I'll pop in Blade 2 :monkey1 :lol

Interesting, I like seeing the other point of view here. Oh yeah I respect them, that's why I usually am the one to opt out whenever I do hear it's a place like the sorts.

I guess I'm turning into a old foggie, there's no way I can hang or be allowed to hang with other priorities the way they do... 3:00-4:00 a.m. Denny's, crunked out of my mind :monkey4 It's cool the good ole days but yeah it's not for me and it's totally fine if they want to do that I'm not looking down on them nor do I judge them, I do respect whatever they want to do.

Just like some others have said, I wish they would once in a while pick a lower key place and not :rock2 all the time :lol

and my gal would allow me to go because she wants me to be with the fellas but it's come to a point to where I'm telling my gal "hey I'm goin out with the guys tonight" and she'll be fine with it, then later I'm going "I'm gonna stay home and chill they are going to a madhouse, blazing saddles place" Guess I'll pop in Blade 2 :monkey1 :lol
Word. I say party but I am more like yourself. I have been out and messed up at Dennys at 4 in the morning and I hated it. I felt sick, my stomach hurt, and I was freakin tired. :lol

This is why I say whatever works for you. I know when it comes time to party I am going to party hard. :lol What's the point of life if you don't spice it up and make it interesting every once in a while? :banana

Truth is that over time people change, but sometimes that change is quicker or even a different direction from those around us. Sounds like you have a very strong sense of your priorities and clubbing/getting hammered and oogling young ladies is just not what you are into.
You could always give it a shot with your friends and see if they'd be willing to try something more low-key, but if not then most likely you'll continue spending less and less time with them. It sucks, but in life you really have to place your needs as #1 and right now it doesn't seem like hanging out with them is really meeting any of them.

I am into older women so that's why I don't dig clubs. I still like girls my age but for the most part older women aren't into playing head games and being immature. They just get to the point and want to have fun and that is what I'm all about.

Maybe I should party harder. Alas, I don't like drinking at all or going to clubs so I have more in common with the older folk already. :lol

One thing is for sure I want to live. I want to have adventures and stories and sleep with countless women (and never be tied down) :lol

You just have to be comfortable in your own life man. Just try not to regret anything or hurt other people. :D

I now exactly what you mean by the living part and of course living for me is way different than living for most.

Rory, I get excited about being the only person up at 3:30 a.m. to go to the gym, driving my car to be the first person at the gym and start my cardio session. No one else is doing it but I know someone that is, that's me... I get excited about buying a crate eggs at the grocery store and cracking them open one by one just to slam a glass full of whites and call it a morning while heading to work. I know far from what anyone would be called living but to me that is living, I've only got one life to try to get to be the best natural bodybuilder I can be. Maybe it won't happen, maybe I will fail but I know no one works harder than I do in my county for comps. It's crazy I know but that passion is what drives me everyday and maybe someones passion is go out to the night and go bar hopping :dunno hey if they are having fun and enjoying it, it's not my place to say so... Go at it, like you said LIVE and live life to the fullest, don't hold back!

I'm trying not to hurt anyone and I think I've done a good job so far, I was kind of hoping by most of these guys hitting 40 they would eventually see my point or at least start to slow down but like you said they are living and living it up, what is fun for them is prolly no longer fun for me and I guess that's where we go with "to each their own"

I hear you,
I had a group of friends, 6 of them...
4 still think they are in college, the other 2 moved on,
I was never fond of clubs, I think it's lame... but I enjoy having
dinner with them or a couple of beers...

I now exactly what you mean by the living part and of course living for me is way different than living for most.

Rory, I get excited about being the only person up at 3:30 a.m. to go to the gym, driving my car to be the first person at the gym and start my cardio session. No one else is doing it but I know someone that is, that's me... I get excited about buying a crate eggs at the grocery store and cracking them open one by one just to slam a glass full of whites and call it a morning while heading to work. I know far from what anyone would be called living but to me that is living, I've only got one life to try to get to be the best natural bodybuilder I can be. Maybe it won't happen, maybe I will fail but I know no one works harder than I do in my county for comps. It's crazy I know but that passion is what drives me everyday and maybe someones passion is go out to the night and go bar hopping :dunno hey if they are having fun and enjoying it, it's not my place to say so... Go at it, like you said LIVE and live life to the fullest, don't hold back!

I'm trying not to hurt anyone and I think I've done a good job so far, I was kind of hoping by most of these guys hitting 40 they would eventually see my point or at least start to slow down but like you said they are living and living it up, what is fun for them is prolly no longer fun for me and I guess that's where we go with "to each their own"

That sounds awesome! I think as long as you are happy, then you are doing it right. One of my guilty pleasures is just being alone- I freakin love it but I realize not everyone is as introverted as me. :lol For example when I go surfing I really enjoy being the only one out in the water and avoid crowded spots.

I can see your friends side though too as what you are describing has happened to me but in the opposite direction. I had a best friend once. We would go surfing and have cool adventures all the time but then he met a girl and just dropped off. To me, he is boring. He is doing everything by the book. Getting married, buying a house, having children, it's the beginning of the end. I don't resent him for wanting those things but it does suck to lose a buddy like that. What makes him happy is definitely not what makes me happy. Part of the reason I am moving is because I feel too tied down in my current place. I need to continue progressing. And I want to be thrown into the uncertainty because who knows... it could be great. :lol

It's funny because usually if a girl whips out the word "sister" or "sistah" to another girl she's probably in the process of talking down to her. "Yo sistah betta be keepin' yo' mitts offa my man!" or "Sister you need to re-think what you're saying!"

I guess it's just another example of how women are programmed to compete with each other whereas men tend to bond.

It's funny because usually if a girl whips out the word "sister" or "sistah" to another girl she's probably in the process of talking down to her. "Yo sistah betta be keepin' yo' mitts offa my man!" or "Sister you need to re-think what you're saying!"

I guess it's just another example of how women are programmed to compete with each other whereas men tend to bond.

I never got that, you either perfectly get along with the other gal or you are the enemy :monkey3

:confused::confused::confused: boggles my mind...

Ski, I got married about two years ago (Sept 22 2007) and just over a year after that we had a baby (Oct 13 2008). I went from being the focal point of my group of buddies (the one who set things up, the one who would have his buddies over and throw parties, etc) to barely getting a phone call once a month from many of them. Maybe the change in my life was too much for them? I'd like to think that we're just at different points in our lives. They're still hitting bars and getting sloppy drunk while I'm cool with just having two or three beers on a Saturday night while my wife and I cook dinner. Sometimes I think that this site has replaced some of that lost interaction... Anyway bro, it happens... We drift apart from our friends. You just have to remember that their priority on a night out is more about chasing ladies then enjoying time with buddies.

There are some really good ppl on this board :rock :rock :rock

Oh don't get me started on how evil my gender is. They'll turn on you on a dime too, the moment you say a random thing that they just don't like. I've always been a tomboy because of it. Girls are too complicated. I'm kind of sexist against my own gender.

Back