What Percentage Of Your Income Do You Spend On This Hobby?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the damn hulkbuster man, want to click on that preorder button but can't as of yet. I need more will power!

eH2i2Ra.jpg

To all those being defensive, do you guys think this hobby is a huge waste of money and you're afraid others will judge you as a money waster? Go to the savings forum and people gladly post their 401k savings online..including their entire life savings and their yearly income...but when it comes to this community, "how much money you spend on toys/year vs how much you make" becomes wayyy too personal.
Eh, but you're talking about a different addiction, there. I have a friend who loves saving. Loves talking about how much he has in the bank, savings, his property, collectible coins, etc. It's his hobby and he likes to discuss it. For me, not so much. I have a healthy savings and make a decent amount per year (for now... that's the other thing, I'm not smug about it), but I don't want to get into **** measuring online with a bunch of friends, let alone strangers.

I think your comments about people here being "defensive" are misplaced. It's rude in any circle I've ever been in to ask people how much they earn (and I don't care about the supposed anonymity about it being asked on a forum). If I made a trillion dollars a year, I wouldn't be proud to post it in this thread. Whether one's up or down, one's salary, etc., it's private, IMO.

Last edited:
More than I should, but less than I want to.. Win!.. errr.. I think.. maybe.. 'ish...

Too much is a pretty answer - and that's definetely me
What can I say? Receiving my Oldboy yesterday made me happy! And it's not like I can't control myself or...ok let's just skip that part

I have around fifty scale figures, ranging from GSC/Max Factory/Koto to Moore and Sideshow PFs. I've spent less than ten thousand dollars so far over the last five years. To put this number into perspective, I spend around the same amount of money every year just eating out in restaurants when I can't /don't want to cook, and the only thing I have to show for it is a bulging waistline.

I don't buy anything! I steal people's pictures that they post on the forums, print them out and stick them on the wall. I have a huge collection...probably the biggest on here.

Cost = 2 packets of A4 and a round of Ink.

^
Smart man. :lol

If I'm going to be totally honest as of now - 0%. I haven't bought anything significant in about two years.

My shrinking doll budget and sharper focus on what I collect has affected my browsing habits. A few years ago I'd buy stuff for giggles... didn't matter so much about what it was, if it looked cool and I had even the remotest interest in the subject matter, I'd consider buying it. So I viewed a lot of different threads. Nowadays I know I'll never buy another superhero character (unless TV Wonder Woman is released) and my list of figures I'd buy to round out my collection is very small. I visit the Star Wars threads and LoTR and General threads and that's about it. Rarely venture into the customs or DC or Marvel or Military or Disney etc anymore. I kinda miss it, but not really.

My shrinking doll budget and sharper focus on what I collect has affected my browsing habits. A few years ago I'd buy stuff for giggles... didn't matter so much about what it was, if it looked cool and I had even the remotest interest in the subject matter, I'd consider buying it. So I viewed a lot of different threads. Nowadays I know I'll never buy another superhero character (unless TV Wonder Woman is released) and my list of figures I'd buy to round out my collection is very small. I visit the Star Wars threads and LoTR and General threads and that's about it. Rarely venture into the customs or DC or Marvel or Military or Disney etc anymore. I kinda miss it, but not really.

That explains why we haven't seen you around the Marvel threads much, recently.. your irreverence is sorely missed. :(

I hear ya Lejuan, I'm pretty focused too.

Since HT Bespin Luke & Tamashii C-3PO, I've been patiently playing the waiting game, till I can swing the next couple on my radar.

That explains why we haven't seen you around the Marvel threads much, recently.. your irreverence is sorely missed. :(

:duff

I hear ya Lejuan, I'm pretty focused too.

Since HT Bespin Luke & Tamashii C-3PO, I've been patiently playing the waiting game, till I can swing the next couple on my radar.

I'm pretty excited about the HT stormtrooper - it's nice to know that the excitement is still there, even if the time between drinks is longer these days :)

Yep. I think all the HT OT SW figures will ultimately end up fine, but one's mileage may vary of course.

My problem, is that I'm still playing catch up with some older HT figures like 66 Batman & Robin. :gah:

The problem when you venture down the HT rabbit hole.. is that the HT rabbits are still digging!

Back