What New HT Predator 1/6th Weapons Would You Want To See Issued With Sets?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 ) Improved Samurai sword like a dual bladed one. Or one with three blades with two that fire out like in that cheesy 80s movie.

GG

Sword and the Sorcerer! They are supposedly making a sequel to that now.
Every RPG I had from then on had that sword (laugh).

Other Pred weapons: I always liked the idea of a shuriken wrist launcher (ripped right off from the Shogun Warriors).

A Pred coming with three stringed throwing Bolas would be pretty cool.

Unique bladed weapons. Even different shaped throwing blades would be neat.

I would also want very unique helmets and armor. Maybe with horns?

I wouldn't want anything we haven't seen before, no reason to make up weapons... and no offense, but a lot of those sound like something that the Kenner toys would have came with.

I wouldn't want it to get silly, but there can be a healthy balance.

No arm mounted chain saw blades, I agree, but different bladed weapons that aren't a regurgatation from other kits isn't too out there to ask for. I go to a Pred movie hoping for new weapons all the time.

I see your point and I do think it is fun to talk about but I also, IMHO, I think that Predator is such and iconinc movie monster that I personally like to display them as they appear in the films. But, as I said, that is just my opinion and I know there are many EU pred fans out there and I respect that, as well.

I wouldn't want it to get silly, but there can be a healthy balance.

No arm mounted chain saw blades, I agree, but different bladed weapons that aren't a regurgatation from other kits isn't too out there to ask for. I go to a Pred movie hoping for new weapons all the time.

...and I think with a line that tries to be accurate to the movies, Hot Toys shouldn't be developing 'new' weapons for characters who didn't have them.

The only weapons, besides Machiko's sword I could get behind, would be something like the maul, or glaive that was in the Concrete Jungle game.

I see your point and I do think it is fun to talk about but I also, IMHO, I think that Predator is such and iconinc movie monster that I personally like to display them as they appear in the films. But, as I said, that is just my opinion and I know there are many EU pred fans out there and I respect that, as well.

I'm a big fan of the E.U. stuff, and I totally agree with you.

If they make weapons from the extended universe, they should only include them with those characters. I'd ^^^^ a brick if they'd have given P2 a 'shoulder mounted missile.'

I wouldn't mind seeing some different weapons just nothing new, IMO it would be cool to see some different types of shurikens and spears, I always thought each clan had the same concept like a throwing weapon and spear etc.. but just different looking like P2 spear compared to wolf's and AVP preds.

I think HT had the right idea with the AVP Predators; include weapons from the film, even on characters that didn't have them.

For a movie character, I'm a little leery of 'inventing' weapons. Far better to lift from elsewhere in the film, and that's what they've done with the Lost Hunter - he actually appears to be completely unarmed in the film, so he's at least got a disc and spear, which could be added without affecting the main sculpt. IMO this is actually better than Celtic / Chopper, which can never be accurate since their plasma cannons are not detachable.

The other question is, how many weapons would be right? In the whole AVP line, only Scar and the Elder actually had all the weapons in-film that the figures included. And even the Lost Hunter has as many weapons as the original Predator sported.

If more accessories are needed, they can always go down the 'scenic' route - skulls, stands, a display pillar, that sort of thing.

I think the point I'm basically trying to make in general is that the new HT Lost Predator comes light. He's got no blades, no shoulder cannon, no additional weapons, just his glaive and spear.

For the guys who want to keep him true, he's not apparently completely movie accurate anyway ( from what I've read on this board, I could and those sources could be wrong, I don't know) But even so, with added weapons, you could always just not display them. Or sell them off if you don't want them. Or leave them in the display box in your closet while you display just the core figure.

I was just trying to say, I've love to see more value in terms of accessories go into the Lost Predator line, even if people here don't use them all. I mean if he had a chestburster added in that set, wouldn't it rock? Or a weapon you might not use directly, but you cut it up and customize it for some other HT Predator diorama application? Or just shift it to other Sci Fi related figures you had?

We don't know all the much about these Lost Predators, theres just so much room to explore and see new stuff potentially that we won't get with the Predators with much more screen time.

Again, I'm just trying to say I'd love to see more value inside the HT Lost Predator set, hes got killer armor and a nice head and I like the Tiger Stripe pattern on his skin, but I just wish he had more weapons, that's all.

Thanks
GG

Hey GG,

I still think your best bet would be to kitbash some pred weapons that are already on the market. But I see where you're coming from and you have some valid points. My point is just that I don't know if there is enough customer suport there for such a product although I do like engaging in the conversation.

Nets, missiles, shooting sword blades...

Yeah, I'm good on NOT having this line turn into high priced Kenner toys.

Edit: Basically, I'd like for these to stay MODEL KITS, without weird shooty thingies, and weapons that a Predator, on screen, has never remotely been seen with before.

If they're like Machiko, and based on the Extended Universe, I'm fine with a rifle, or whatever. But come on, nothing that actually shoots little plastic missiles, and I sure as heck don't want to see 'Gort' or 'Ram' be issued with some big honkin gun.

The AVP line coming with cannons isn't so far fetched, they WERE meant to use them in the movie, so I can see why they might have issued them with the figures. But how much out of left field would a sword with shooting blades be? I mean, yeah, it's not like we HAVE to use them, but honestly, these new weapons would really make me want to throw up, especially if I ever saw them come to life on screen.

Last edited:
no human culture based weapons

two handed sword? hammers , morning stars, battle axes? WTF?!what is this predator the barbarian?!!:confused:

in all my respect with others opinion but predator and fantasy/medieval barbarian themes have very little to do...

just my opinion ,

i hate the idea of a predator that spot weapons that you can find in our culture, very bland and little inspiring for me...a predator that comes with a katana? only if he had get it as a given trophy after a deadly battle with a badass samurai it has sense to me

Back