What Movie Are You Looking Forward To The Most This Summer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On top of what already has been mentioned, I am interested in 23. Looks like a moody Jim Carey from the shorts I have seen.

Who are you people???...!!!

"Live Free or Die Hard"

There is no other sequel this summer!!!!!!

SM3
HP

I hate POTC so thats outta the question.( and transformers is a rental for me)

Then Rob zombies Halloween(comes out in aug.i believe)

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End :rock

honorable mention:

Spiderman 3
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

will see but not with the same anticipation as above:

Shrek 3
28 Weeks Later

wofford29 said:
lol, my post kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. I guess my taste in film is a little out of the norm here.
:lol :lol :lol
I actually want to see a couple films on your list, like Jesse James and the Darjeeling Limited.

Really looking forward to all three of these, and it seems advance notice and trailers has them all ROCKING!

S3
HP5
P3

Last summer I was very disappointed by my most anticipated - Supes Returns.

Hopefully this summer will be different.

creecher said:
On top of what already has been mentioned, I am interested in 23. Looks like a moody Jim Carey from the shorts I have seen.

Don't know if it helps or not creech, but this came out quite a few months ago here and it bombed ... big. I didn't see it, but some friends did; and they didn't care for it much at all.

As for my choices:

1) POTC3 - it will just be too much fun

2) Spidey3

3) Harry Potter

I don't expect much from summer films, but these have my interest.

Potential great movies I have seen already or wish to see in 2007

Transformers *waited for this kind of movie for what seems like an eternity!

First Date

Spider-Man 3

Hot Fuzz *already seen

The Lookout *already seen

Zodiac *already seen

Severance

Evan Almighty

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Jesse James

Martian Child *love John Cusack films!

28 Weeks Later

Disturbia

The Hoax

Full of It *looks fun!

Last King of Scotland

Do want to see but could wait for the cheapseats or DVD rental:

POTC 3 Original kicked ass. Second one was fun, but it didn't have the same charm as the first. Is this going to be another Matrix 3 or T3? Not that I didn't like either of those two films, but they were the worst of each franchise.

Harry Potter part 1 billion? I am getting burnt out by the over saturation of HP flicks!

Live Free or Die Hard *the special effects look so phony. Like the scenes were it shows a vehicle knocking out a helicoptor then followed by a cheesy one liner, "I ran out of bullets."

Or when the car flips over Justin Long the Mac ad kid, and Bruce Willis. The dang physics were so off in that scene. It looked like CGI from 10-15 years ago. I don't know I seen too much of crap like that. Heck, doesn't Nicholas Cage have a car flipping over him like that in NEXT?!

Shrek 3 I rather have another Austin Powers vs. Shrek Mike Myers! However, even another AP isn't needed. But I would rather go see that. Never was a Shrek fan, but the darn cat in the second was so cute it was worth watching. Make him the star, and I'll be all over this!

Movie I won't see:

FF4: The Rise of the Silver Surfer!!! The first one was a big heaping piece of crap! I am all about giving movies a chance, but sadly they kept the entire cast and I am not certain but it could be the same production team as well. Trust me if the original sucked THAT bad, this one could be MUCH worse. For that, it's not even worth a 2nd free rental tag! Easy pass.

Last edited:
SwoopingCloakofSureness said:
The Bourne Ultimatum

Definately!!!

then comes.. Harry Potter,Spidey,POTC

...My most wanted film in the works..

World War Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am somewhat into another Bourne film but again, I am getting bored with all of these sequels. However, it is a good franchise. For that reason it maybe worth the 9 bucks of admission.

For me, not this summer but its gonna be

AVP 2

and for this summer id say,

Spider-Man 3
Transformers
Rush Hour 3
Die Hard 4

POTC 3
HP 5
Oceans 13

All of those are pure fun. Am kinda looking forward to Stardust, but not like the 3 above.

Not due until Dec, but am hoping that The Golden Compass will pan out. Nov and Dec are usually time for the heavy-hitters (read: Oscar bait) and I'll be looking to see what comes out then.

Back