Statue What is your Favorite Mythos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Mythos is your Favorite

• Total voters
they have to announce something very soon.. its been very dry so far .. SW PF or mythos wise..

I don't have Vader yet but it's hard for me to pick a best, much easier to pick a least with Maul.

I think i'd go for Fett or the Guard.

agree.. I prob. would got him .. but the orange effect made me pass up...

where is the PF !?

obi wan if he finds his lost lightsaber and vader when he finds his other arm are hands down the best...for me anyways

I have Obi Wan and Darth Maul but Obi Wan is definitely my favorite I like all the little details in it.

agree.. I prob. would got him .. but the orange effect made me pass up...

I almost took a pass on it too, especially when the crooked fist-pump arm issue arose. But since SS stepped up to the plate and will issue a new arm in a few months, I decided to take a chance and was totally ready to send it back if I wasn't satisfied.
Needless-to-say, I was quite impressed. Like the lava surrounding him, this piece just oozes a ton of personality, tension and emotion just bubbling underneath the surface. And because I don't have a spot-light directly over it, the orange-effect doesn't overwhelm it for my taste. Again, I was highly skeptical when I first saw pictures, but in the end I just had to see-it to believe-it. And in my case, I was won over.
Not trying to bring you over to the Darkside, MYC, just sharing my 2-cents. Thanks again for making all those Obi-Wan saber hilts. I smile every time I see it and it's people like you that make this hobby such a neat thing to be a part of. MTFBWY!

At first I thought Obi would be an easy choice for my favorite. But then I went back and re-examined Fett and that piece is nothing short of awesome. Then yesterday Vader arrived and while the pics left a little to be desired in the paint department, they were no match for the in-hand piece.

All three are homeruns IMO. Looking forward to see what is coming?!

I almost took a pass on it too, especially when the crooked fist-pump arm issue arose. But since SS stepped up to the plate and will issue a new arm in a few months, I decided to take a chance and was totally ready to send it back if I wasn't satisfied.
Needless-to-say, I was quite impressed. Like the lava surrounding him, this piece just oozes a ton of personality, tension and emotion just bubbling underneath the surface. And because I don't have a spot-light directly over it, the orange-effect doesn't overwhelm it for my taste. Again, I was highly skeptical when I first saw pictures, but in the end I just had to see-it to believe-it. And in my case, I was won over.
Not trying to bring you over to the Darkside, MYC, just sharing my 2-cents. Thanks again for making all those Obi-Wan saber hilts. I smile every time I see it and it's people like you that make this hobby such a neat thing to be a part of. MTFBWY!

hehe.. tempting post from you here !! :D still not quite sure.. I was hoping to see a new vader PF soon. but according to SSC there is something in works but looks like nothing will to be seen this year ...

Still.. I will sit it out looks like :)

About the Hilt.. still glad you like it and I was more then happy to do it ! :)

Gamorrean is so underrated !! I am sure whoever see this guy in person would easily pass up the others except Obiwan

Gamorrean is so underrated !! I am sure whoever see this guy in person would easily pass up the others except Obiwan

I have to respectfully disagree on this one; I can't stand the Gamorrean - he looks like a wrestler that's just won a fight.

To me, the others add so much wonderful mystery, to already fantastic characters, whereas the Gamorrean is (again, to me) so left-of-center I wondered what Sideshow was thinking choosing him over so many other iconic characters?

Obi, shows the hardships he faced on Tatooine.
Vader, is pure regret (amazing representation!)
Fett, feels like a long, hard hunt that's just about to come to an end as he stares out at his unsuspecting prey in the distance.
Maul is the trials of training (although a weak choice of stance/representation IMO).

But the Gammy? I'm a muscley/fat mongrel who's just beaten up another Gammy who gave me lip???

The actual detail/etc maybe amazing, but such a boring waste to me...

YOu are right about backstory.. The Gammy has nothing to add to what the other characters are all about..

Sculpt wise and presentation .. he is a winner IMO. Also this is a statue/character we won't see anywhere anymore in that kind of bigger scale. Surely he is not looking like the original Gamorrean Guards.. but that makes him mythos like for me :)

Thats also a decision to go only with mythos that are not represent in the 1/4 PF .

LOL at poor darth maul. they really missed the mark with that one. only 5 votes. i suppose those 5 are not owners of obi wan or fett.

thats what happens when you take a bad ***, add nothing but a stick, and tell us he beat up a blind man and stole his stick.

also, the GG looks incredible. as a stand alone statue it looks impressive. the problem is most people dont care about the GG regardless of anything else. there is no way anyone could make me care about a GG.

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Vader are the best :)

Too bad I didn't notice I could vote for two :rolleyes2

also, the GG looks incredible. as a stand alone statue it looks impressive. the problem is most people dont care about the GG regardless of anything else. there is no way anyone could make me care about a GG.

How I feel 100%. GG is an amazing statue. If I were a fan of those things this would be in the running for the best mythos. But it is really saying something that SSC produced a GG that I would even concider owning (if I had money to burn and more space to fill) :)

I actually am a tad surprised that Obi Wan is winning by as much as he is. Not that he is not a great statue. I just thought Fett would be the winner. I am shocked there are as many fans of the character as there are.

Personally I have never been a huge Obi Wan fan. He's OK but he never has connected with me on any level like the other SW characters have.

But it is a great statue. And like the GG, SSC made a piece that was so awesome that I considered owning him. Unlike GG I actually did own him but sent him back due to googly eyes.

I just saw the Obi-wan yesterday at Rancho Obi-wan and was very impressed. I had dismissed this line but now reconsidering.

Back