What is your Favorite 12" Figure ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customikey said:
I couldn't choose. THe one that has spent the most time on my shelf, and never been changed out is:
Red Death. The costume, the theatricality of it, and that grinning skull and staff. It's magnificent. I took a cue from the film and girded him with General Lee's saber. It's well hidden under the cloak. No one knows it's there but me.

After that, I love me Medi-Vader. He's the only figure besides Sovereign Studios' Indiana Jones that is displayed in my living room.

I'm very proud of my super-tall custom FVJ Jason and badd-ass Hellboy, along with Nazi Kroenen.

My repainted Dracula and custom Obi-Wan Kenobi top out the list.

I'd love to see your repainted Dracula...

No surprise here - my favorite is/are my Dark Shadows Barnabas figures.

I'd say...

1: Jason 3
2: Jason 7
3: Jedi Luke
4: Dr. No Connery
5: Army of Darkness: S-Mart Ash

Those 5 are the gems of my collection and the ones I show off the most. I love those damn figures. Just got the Jason 3 today!! YAY for me!!!:D

Okay... I know I'm totally alone in this (no one else has listed him), but MY favorite is:

:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 CORNELIUS:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Like, I WOULDN'T pick an APE!!!:monkey5 :monkey5

Roddy McDowall and his work on the POTA saga has a very special place in my heart... and Sideshow did him proud. Thanks Mat!!!

Dr. Zaius in Forbidden Zone Garb comes in a close second. :monkey3

I love dem APES! :monkey5

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
Okay... I know I'm totally alone in this (no one else has listed him), but MY favorite is:

:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 CORNELIUS:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Like, I WOULDN'T pick an APE!!!:monkey5 :monkey5

Roddy McDowall and his work on the POTA saga has a very special place in my heart... and Sideshow did him proud. Thanks Mat!!!

Dr. Zaius in Forbidden Zone Garb comes in a close second. :monkey3

I love dem APES! :monkey3
Excellent choice. Cornelius is definitely one of my faves.

Very hard to choose. Either my Man With The Golden Gun 007 or my 007 Jaws.

These will probably be replaced on my list as soon as Sideshow makes a Shaak Ti or an Aayla Secura.

abake said:
I'd love to see your repainted Dracula...

Here ya go! The first is the original, the second one is obviously mine. He can also be found, front and center here, in my personal "look at me!!!" thread.

draccompare9re.jpg

Along with custommikey, I have to go with Medicom Vader and Sovereign Studios Indy. Closely followed by HT T-800..:D

PsychoCenobite said:
Just got the 12" Leatherface from eBay! :monkey5

PsychoCenobite :horror

You made a most excellent purchase. Thomas Hewitt, right?
He's beautiful. Although the black circles around his eyes need a light dry-brushing of taupe and his legs need a little toilet paper wrapping to bulk em up a bit. Be careful of the ties for his apron. They're purposely frayed, and delicate to tie. Don't be shy about adjusting the costume. And you'll have to cut his thumb away from the rest of his fingers in order to get the chainsaw in.

But he's a wonderful figure.:D

I see something bad starting! I might start collecting the 12" figures! :horror

I've got most of the Star Wars figures and the Terminator on order and now this one! :monkey5

PsychoCenobite :google

Customikey said:
Here ya go! The first is the original, the second one is obviously mine. He can also be found, front and center here, in my personal "look at me!!!" thread.

draccompare9re.jpg

That looks soooo much better!
Awesome paint app, congrats!

I, like several here, can't pick just one, so... in no particular order, these are my favorite 12" figures!

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Red Death
Invisible Man
Ardeth Bey
London After Midnight
Frankenstein
OH HECK! All of the Universal/Classic monsters!!!! :rotfl

That's tough, especially since I really love the 1/6 figures, but if the house were on fire here's a top 5 I'd grab in no particular order:

Jason 3 - Sideshow
Spinal Tap Set - Sideshow (I know it's cheating to grab 3)
Metaluna Mutant - Sideshow
1954 Godzilla - Medicom (actor inside, so actually 1/6 scale!)
Director/George Lucas - Hot Toys

More than likely in case of a fire I'd just have to give up and die w/my collection :monkey2

My Marmit Boba Fett is my favorite though that may change when my Sideshow figures start to arrive.

Hi,

Great thread. My favorite 12" action-figure that I use to own was the Toys McCoy Indy but I sold it hoping that SS would pick up the license. Currently, my favorites are the SS Goldfinger Bond, Cigarette Smoking Man, Duncan from Highlander, Christopher Lee Dracula, and the Hot Toys Rambo. If I had to pick only one, it would be the Rambo. Good sculpt, fantastic body and accessories....all these make it a home run for me. The SS Luke would be my favorite if I could just get over the monkey arms.

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
The SS Luke would be my favorite if I could just get over the monkey arms.

Being a Planet of the Apes fan, this feature, you see, is not a problem. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Back