What is/was your most anticipated Middle-Earth Piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wetaworkshop_08_small_053.jpg

Whoa! That weapon's plaque with Aeglos and Isildur's blade. What is that? Unreleased Weta prototype, or some fan custom?

As for my most anticipated/sentimental value LOTR pieces:

2nd age High Elven Noldorin Warrior Statue/PF
Not sure if this project will see the light of day, couse there wasn't any info since that glimpse of Sideshow concept art, over a year ago, but I am hoping. I am a huge fan of the prologue elf armour, outfit and weapons design and a fully realized statue or a figure of it, would be the be all and end all LOTR collectible for me. Fingers crossed.

As for the pieces I allready own:

Weta Ringwraith bust.
The bust itself is nothing special, but it was the very first Sideshow LOTR piece I bought, years ago, back when I was still a youngster and my Middle Earth and Weta Workshop mania was peaking. Also back then it was extremely hard to get such collectibles in my small country. So I was anticipating the postman like crazy. Lots of sentimental value. I am currently in the middle of re-painting it.

Sauron Statue.
This one I bought recently. For a long time it was my favourite LOTR statue, the quintessential Sideshow Weta piece. If I was to limit my Weta collection to only a single item, it would probably be this. However I knew it was very costly, big, sold out and hard to get, plus very expensive to ship overseas. So for a long time I was just drooling at pictures of it on the net. Until a few months ago, to my suprise I found out that there is a local collector near me, that had one and wanted to sell it for a decent price. When the mammoth box finally arrived I was ecstatic.

Congrats Procrastinator :wave...it's great when a collector manages to pick-up a piece they have long awaited :yess:...it is a wonderful piece for sure :rock...enjoy! :hi5:

:duff
Bill

Back