What is/was your most anticipated Middle-Earth Piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAZGUL-KING

Like a Bantha
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's take on this.
I was thinking about all the pieces that I've had since LOTR-mania hit way back when and there are a few that stand out for me.

- SSW Escape Off The Road Wall Plaque - When I originally placed my order for this it was on back-order. I waited about six months until I finally had one of my favorite moments from the books and movies captured in front of me. I made the mistake of selling it a couple years ago but luckily found another and won't make that mistake again.

- SSW Sauron - I remember when it went up for order and the two year wait that followed. It was cool (and a bit excruciating) getting the updates every so often. It was definitely worth the wait.

- SSC Lurtz PF - I recall how bummed I was when SSC announced that there would be no more LOTR statues and then how thrilled I was when they made it known that LOTR would be getting the PF treatment. This was probably the most exciting Pre-order of all time for me, especially after getting in on the EX and realizing that all 750 sold out in like 35 minutes.

- SSC Morgul Lord PF - One of my favorite characters from the books/movies and PJ and Co. nailed His look. I know this piece has it's share of critics, but I consider it my favorite piece so far.

- The Dark Rider Of Mordor - The only piece on my list that's still on the horizon. This is the one item that I have wanted since SSC announced Lurtz. I am sure that if this comes out anywhere near as good as the pre-order pics, I will soon have a new king in my collection.

I only started collecting Middle-earth statues last year so don't have a lot to share.

After seeing SDCC photos, I instantly fell in love with Balin and to a lesser extent, Gandalf, so they were both well anticipated.

I look forward to seeing what Weta and Sideshow produce hobbit-wise but no particular piece is of special interest.

Pieces that I've had that stand out.

SSW Original Balrog- I loved owning it for a while. :rock

SSW Cave Troll - Having this, the Balrog, and even the WKTF at the same time was pretty special

SSW Sauron - I miss The Dark Lord.

SSW Elessar - My first SSW order. :rock

SSW Gimli - My dad's favorite statue and character

SSW Sam and Bill - Another great statue that I miss. :(

SSW Battle Troll - I love this but do wish it was Cave Troll size

SSW Theoden - Got this back recently and man is it cool :rock

SSW RWOS - This piece is LOTR :rock

SS Strider - Captures the Ranger very well

SS Gimli - Love having another awesome Gimli statue

SS Boromir - Maybe the top to bottom best piece in this line.

SS Snow Troll - A huge troll statue? Yes, Please :rock

SS Ringwraith - Capturing the RW on Weathertop :rock

Weta Rivendell - Finally having Rivendell is something that I'm glad to have done.

Weta Orthanc - Missed it the first time around but to get this version fixed a HUGE mistake in my collection

Weta Barad-Dur - I have the DM version which is nice but this finally adds the top end versio of such a great iconic place in Middle-earth to the collection.

Weta Dwalin - Love the look of this Dwarf and glad to have it in my growing The Hobbit collection

Weta Balin - Just love the job Weta did on this and maybe the best piece in this line so far

Weta Gandalf- Love the large The Hobbit Statue

Weta Thorin- Not a large fan of Thorin but I like the statue and like having the SDCC version

Weta Bilbo- Never had a Bilbo in the collection but I fixed it here

Weta FOTR Set 1 - Finally getting the cresting the hill scene

Looking forward to

SS Sauron PF - Fixing not having Sauron in the collection with this piece capturing him so well and capturing the print of Jerry so well. :rock

RWOS PF - Fixing another mistake

Weta FOTR Set 2 - Working on this

Weta Bombur- Just keep giving me more

Weta The Hobbit statues in general :rock

Pieces that I've had that stand out.

Weta Bombur- Just keep giving me more

You'll definitely get more with Bombur! :lol

There's more pieces that I could have listed:

- SSW RWOS - Years ago this was my all time favorite piece and if there was no Dark Rider PF it would still be in my top three.

- SSC Snow Troll - I missed out on the orginal Cave Troll and this more than makes up for it.

I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's take on this.
I was thinking about all the pieces that I've had since LOTR-mania hit way back when and there are a few that stand out for me.

- SSW Escape Off The Road Wall Plaque - When I originally placed my order for this it was on back-order. I waited about six months until I finally had one of my favorite moments from the books and movies captured in front of me. I made the mistake of selling it a couple years ago but luckily found another and won't make that mistake again.

- SSW Sauron - I remember when it went up for order and the two year wait that followed. It was cool (and a bit excruciating) getting the updates every so often. It was definitely worth the wait.

- SSC Lurtz PF - I recall how bummed I was when SSC announced that there would be no more LOTR statues and then how thrilled I was when they made it known that LOTR would be getting the PF treatment. This was probably the most exciting Pre-order of all time for me, especially after getting in on the EX and realizing that all 750 sold out in like 35 minutes.

- SSC Morgul Lord PF - One of my favorite characters from the books/movies and PJ and Co. nailed His look. I know this piece has it's share of critics, but I consider it my favorite piece so far.

- The Dark Rider Of Mordor - The only piece on my list that's still on the horizon. This is the one item that I have wanted since SSC announced Lurtz. I am sure that if this comes out anywhere near as good as the pre-order pics, I will soon have a new king in my collection.

I want Dark Rider of Mordor.

I never understood the complaints of the pose for the Morgul Lord PF. To me it looks like he is winding up to swing his huge mace. To me it looks natural if you were about to do an overhead swing.

I want Dark Rider of Mordor.

I never understood the complaints of the pose for the Morgul Lord PF. To me it looks like he is winding up to swing his huge mace. To me it looks natural if you were about to do an overhead swing.

Yeah, It doesn't translate well in some pics, but in person it is awesome. Even after two years I still stop and look at The ML at least once a day.:rock

You'll definitely get more with Bombur! :lol

There's more pieces that I could have listed:

- SSW RWOS - Years ago this was my all time favorite piece and if there was no Dark Rider PF it would still be in my top three.

- SSC Snow Troll - I missed out on the orginal Cave Troll and this more than makes up for it.

Yeah, Bombur isn't tiny for sure. :lol

The RWOS PF is sweet. If its anyclose to as good in production as it was at comic-con then we're golden.

The Snow Troll does help fill that void for sure. I'd still love to see SS do another Cave Troll statue.

I listed a lot I know. I couldn't pick just a couple. :lol

Top of my list for 'gonna get' is the original Cave Troll.

Top of my 'wishlist' is a light up 1:1 scale Palantir with the Eye! :horror
Tried to get several people to make one but they all bow out :(

High hopes for a Radagast exclusive. Go Hedgehog or go home! :pfft:
(removeable hat with bird nest is also acceptable :lol )

Top of my list for 'gonna get' is the original Cave Troll.

Top of my 'wishlist' is a light up 1:1 scale Palantir with the Eye! :horror
Tried to get several people to make one but they all bow out :(

High hopes for a Radagast exclusive. Go Hedgehog or go home! :pfft:
(removeable hat with bird nest is also acceptable :lol )

A Radagast PF is a must. Bird **** and all.

It's the application/execution of the bird crap that's gonna make or break any Radagast piece.:rotfl

Seriously though, after seeing The Hobbit I do have a new appreciation for Radagast. I will definitely have him represented in my collection one way or another at some point. I would like to have an Istari shelf with Rad, Gandalf The Grey and Saruman.:yess:

I think of all the wonderful Sideshow-Weta pieces that I've had, these are the statues/display setup that I miss the most...

walunit8yg.jpg

...and displaying the Pseudo fellowship together but I can't seem to find a pic right now.

The Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman used to be my favorite piece with Bill and Sam a close second (I miss you Bill). But once I started with the Premium Format line nothing else would do. Oh and the Stone Trolls too, I miss you guys. :monkey2

Of the announced it would be probably the WKITF maquette since I don't collect LotR PF.

But my most wanted piece that I don't have is the Shades of Mordor EX diorama.

I think of all the wonderful Sideshow-Weta pieces that I've had, these are the statues/display setup that I miss the most...

walunit8yg.jpg

...and displaying the Pseudo fellowship together but I can't seem to find a pic right now.

The Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman used to be my favorite piece with Bill and Sam a close second (I miss you Bill). But once I started with the Premium Format line nothing else would do. Oh and the Stone Trolls too, I miss you guys. :monkey2

Nice! There was a time when I had that lineup minus the Easterling and Uruk-hai Scout (I had Ugluk though:rock).

I'm so close to ask sideshow to transfer my flex payment pre-order of the RWOS PF to the Sauron PF. I already own the ML PF and the ringwraith maquette. I'm missing a Sauron statue in my collection and it would make sense to get it but... the RWOS PF looks so great that I can't make the move. :(

Got a feeling that I'm getting more for the cost with Sauron PF than the dark rider, massive polystone vs half clothes half polystone . Probably the complexity of the rider is on the accessories and it takes more time to put everything in place, plus the painting job.

Am I right?

I think you can almost call it day with he trio of original Balrog, WKTF, and Moria troll.

Back