What is the scariest Modern Boogeyman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modern...as in most recent? I'm thinking of this creepy character in The Conjuring 2-

The Crooked Man

He comes alive when you sing the lyrics while playing the music box...
ce5ca872389472154d94691a92bbeaa3.png

That movie was definitely brilliant. I am hoping for The Crooked Man spin off. Want to know more about it.

And then there's Nun Valak also from the same film as The Crooked Man. She's a dark entity, a demon.

I am proud to say I have her in my collection...
954ea3fc467595872e54d4f04a37a00e.jpg

Oh there's Annabelle in the corner in the picture. [emoji4] she's also nasty.

Then there's another one called "The Badadook" he comes alive when you read the nursery book. He's creepy for sure.
dd4e221cf5db2d01e0ce70e1294486ac.png

These four tops my list of a modern boogeyman with supernatural abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Valak is pretty amazing! Congrats

Crooked Man and Babadook are good examples.

Babadook reminds me of the Japanese ghosts that were all the rage 10-15 years ago (like The Grudge).

Crooked Man seems like a cinematic Slenderman; I wonder if he'll last.

That Nun figure is outstanding. :clap

And Mainframe, I love your avatar and sig!

Crooked Man and Babadook are good examples.

Babadook reminds me of the Japanese ghosts that were all the rage 10-15 years ago (like The Grudge).

Crooked Man seems like a cinematic Slenderman; I wonder if he'll last.

That Nun figure is outstanding. :clap

And Mainframe, I love your avatar and sig!

Thanks I appreciate that! Love me some Hans Gruber :)

Technically, Jason and Freddy are the boogeymen of the millennial generation...at least the older millennials :lol

As far as villains/boogeymen in the 2000's, maybe Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men is the closest thing to a boogeymen, but he only has one film.

7WxXRbD.jpg

Mr. Boogie / BuGhuul from Sinister. Unsettling character from an unsettling film series.

b46270b3d53adb93abdf85cdff31710257e4c463e77f77a0c1a6a2ad90156953.jpg

And then there's Nun Valak also from the same film as The Crooked Man. She's a dark entity, a demon.

I am proud to say I have her in my collection...

Amstel you just killed my with the Nun Valak figure. That is just amazing. Congrats...that's one hell of a figure. :clap

Michael Myers......soon to have a new film in 2017

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dunno, horror is a dying film medium. Its all been done before and I find most horror to be predictable. I have seen just about every horror film and each year they get worse and worse.

Some have managed great imagery but the story's are derivative and formulaic.

Last horror film that truly surprised and shocked me was The Cabin in the Woods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back