What is the dumbest thing you've done with your SW collection? Any regrets?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all black vested darth maul variants circulating. I came across a few at toys r us and they sold rapidly on ebay for $350 each. To this day you can still find them at a higher price, but back then they certainly were a hot commodity.

OMG, I still have one of those, totally forgot about that one. Snatched it off a peg at TRU back in the day, like finding gold.

At one point that (black vest maul) and my '77 Vader with telescoping lightsaber were my most valuable toys.

But one of the dumbest things I did was get suckered into the whole .00 thing. And the short saber in long tray. So lame now that I think about it.

When my son was 2 he opened a pristine carded vintage Bespin Han from my wall.

10 years later I still strike him occasionally. (not really...it was just a toy)

My one regret would be with the SW Unleashed 6" line of figures... When they first came out I had no interest in them... When the Boba Fett and Yoda wave hit I saw 4 of each at TRU but passed on them. Prices soon skyrocketed and I picked up a few here and there from that wave on... prices kept climbing and the completest in me wanted to get the whole collection and fill the holes for the early figs I was missing... so I went searching on ebay and found a compelte set for $1,200... it was close enough (4 hours) that I could drive and pick them up. I figured I could buy the lot and sell what I already had to make some $ back. So I bought a full set of waves 1-12 knowing that I could grab waves 12 & 14 in store and have a complete collection... So I paid the $1,200 and picked them up.
The next day the prices plummeted... I even saw another auction for a complete set go for $700 literally the next day... so by not waiting a day I cost myself $500... :thud: It was the first time I had ever jumped to get something, and the last. Lesson learned. I wanted to get them before the prices were too high...I should've known.

I hear you. I paid a lot for my 1/5 attakus collection. I see what they are going for now and can only shake my head. But at least it took years for them to plummet in value, not the next day!

My biggest *current* regret: buying 2 of every Hasbro figure they made starting in 1995 !!!!!!!

yikes! suddenly my financial loss doesn't look so bad. At least you had years and years to enjoy them, and a toy drive will certainly appreciate them when you decide to purge...

I didn't get the MR Y-wing, i got all the others like the Alluminum Falcon, snowspeeder, atat, but no y-wing and that was my favorite one ugh.

It's amazing just how ahead of their time, the Super Powers figures were. :rock

I only ever had Superman, Batman & Green Lantern, but oh how I coveted the Luthor & Penguin.

yikes! suddenly my financial loss doesn't look so bad. At least you had years and years to enjoy them, and a toy drive will certainly appreciate them when you decide to purge...

Toys 4 Tots - last 5 years. All my carded ones. Feel good about letting them go and kids win and I get a small tax break. If you gotta do it, that's the way to let em go

It's amazing just how ahead of their time, the Super Powers figures were. :rock

I only ever had Superman, Batman & Green Lantern, but oh how I coveted the Luthor & Penguin.
I had a whole bunch actually, including the Hall of Justice and rarer ones like Plastic Man, Green Arrow, and Captain Marvel. But no Manhunter, Steppenwolf, or Samurai. . .I'm sorry, I'm gonna need a minute *weeps*

2004-2008ish Hasbro Star Wars collecting.

Specifically the clones and prequel crap.

Back