What do you want for the future of Resident Evil?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you want the franchise to go at this point?

• Reboot of the entire franchise back to the beginning with a new story.

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Remakes of the original games.

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Other ideas such as more offshoot games like Outbreak, ORC, Dead Aim etc.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
If they chose to end it, I would be sad...but I can live with RE1-5 being the complete story, and ending it with Wesker's death.

:exactly::lecture

:lecture:lecture

RE6 was just made to milk the franchise. We know it and so does Capcom.

I voted remake the originals, but knowing Capcom it will never happen. Just let series die, or let it rest.

"With fan support we will remake Resident Evil 2."

They have been saying it for years, it isn't going to happen since they are directly aiming their product at COD tards.

If they continue to miss their sales point there will be a reboot only a matter of time.

They obviously could care less about the roots of the franchise since they utterly refuse use the old formulas.

That's got to be it, it's one of the most wanted remakes aside from Final Fantasy VII. And besides, since when did Capcom care about their fans anymore?

What game developers really think about the fans anymore? There's not one good franchise that's 'doing it for the fans'

It's all for the scrilla

No gaming franchise has been consistent with delivering to fans with every release.

One thing is for certain. Every franchise that's had the opportunity to expand and has been accepted by the fans, has been diluted to an extent that it divides the fanbase and in some instances like RE has just totally devoid it of what made it likeable in the first place

You can bet after a franchise has been going on for 10 years, it's never going to stay true to what was developed back then because time changes everything, including games

One thing is for certain. Every franchise that's had the opportunity to expand and has been accepted by the fans, has been diluted to an extent that it divides the fanbase and in some instances like RE has just totally devoid it of what made it likeable in the first place

You can bet after a franchise has been going on for 10 years, it's never going to stay true to what was developed back then because time changes everything, including games

Resident Evil sold out to action, and it's failing miserably.

Metal Gear Solid sold out to prequels with Big Boss, and I guess it's working but the majority of the fans it seems are more in tune with Solid Snake heading the franchise.

The only other Jill I acknowledge aside from RE1.

tumblr_ml3p7mNIvh1sn8sb3o8_r1_250.gif

After playing revelations the demo its just time for a reboot even though it might be a good game the seies is getting stale.

Back