What do you want for the future of Resident Evil?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you want the franchise to go at this point?

• Reboot of the entire franchise back to the beginning with a new story.

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Remakes of the original games.

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Other ideas such as more offshoot games like Outbreak, ORC, Dead Aim etc.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
If they chose to end it, I would be sad...but I can live with RE1-5 being the complete story, and ending it with Wesker's death.

The REverse ended in RE5. Everything following is a spin off, to me anyway.

Umbrella dead, Wesker dead, Resident Evil dead.

Pretty much. It's basically how Star Wars has he "expanded universe" stuff.

I mean...I kind of like Jake and all....but really? Wesker's son? Try a little harder guys.

It was a way to keep him around for Wesker fans in spirit. I don't mind him, but I wouldn't care if he was never invented.

The biggest problem with RE is that Capcom doesn't have the guts to kill off one of the main cast >_>

My choice would be a combination of the 2nd and 3rd options. Remake Resident evil 2,3 & Code Veronica. But given Darkside Chronicles practically is the remake of Re 2 and Code Veronica i dont think theres much hope of getting anything new.

But id also be fond of spin-off games aslong as spin-off means we get to follow new or forgotten characters in new storys. Not spinoffs like ORC which is complete tosh.

Give us a remake of some of the originals, or have us start a spin-off franchise following another pairing in old school survival.

Revelations comes to consoles in a few weeks though and that gets the old school back on track more than Re 5 & 6 do.

Just this morning i got a gamecube and Remake and ive played 30 minutes of it as Chris (never done it as him before so im making a few video uploads to youtube at some point if i can be bothered of my progress)

Rebooting is the absolute last thing i want.

The only glaring problems with RE2 and RE3 is the geography of Raccoon City is messed up since two different development teams made both games.

Like how there is a chemical plant right behind the RPD? :lol
I mean it's not but they shortened the sewers due to limitations and seems like you only traveled a block or so in the sewers before getting to the plant (where you need to control Ada or Sherry to move the boxes to get the Club Key was it?) But the chemical plant was supposed to be at the edge of the city according to Sherry.

Expanding upon sheer area would be the only major change I think for REmakes.

The biggest problem with the newer games is that they make you so heavily armed and you don't really need to conserve ammo anymore.

ITEM BOXES NEED TO RETURN

Did you forget about the cable car? :lecture

Did you forget about the cable car? :lecture

YES! No clue whatsoever how far it travels.

Another gigantic plot hole is the magic elevator in RE0 that connects the training facility with the RE2 lab (Or Marcus's lab). Is it a completely separate lab from Birkin's that looks identical which are miles apart? Or was it the same lab from RE2? Birkin's lab in the time of RE0 would of been up and running with lots of employees... but the RE0 lab was overrun with monsters and Proto-Tyrant running around. :dunno

The biggest cluster**** plot was Enrico some how managing to get to that lab in 0 which was miles away from the helicopter landing and then somehow getting to the Mansion and down into the bowls of the Mansion with no keys -_-

YES! No clue whatsoever how far it travels.

Another gigantic plot hole is the magic elevator in RE0 that connects the training facility with the RE2 lab (Or Marcus's lab). Is it a completely separate lab from Birkin's that looks identical which are miles apart? Or was it the same lab from RE2? Birkin's lab in the time of RE0 would of been up and running with lots of employees... but the RE0 lab was overrun with monsters and Proto-Tyrant running around. :dunno

The biggest cluster**** plot was Enrico some how managing to get to that lab in 0 which was miles away from the helicopter landing and then somehow getting to the Mansion and down into the bowls of the Mansion with no keys -_-

Yeah, RE0 was dumb, still my least favorite of the oldies.

Yeah, RE0 was dumb, still my least favorite of the oldies.

I honestly think they stuck the RE2 lab in there just to gain interest in it. I thought the graphics and gameplay were fun, but again it ****ed up all the continuity with Marcus releasing the T-Virus. I prefer to think it was a complete accident that it happened at the Mansion.

If Marcus wasnt in RE0 it would probably be my favorite game. Well, the character could be in it as the old guy but not as a crazy anime opera character like he was. Alfred & Alexia are crazy in an entertaining way. Marcus was just bad. And i didnt like the Queen leech thing. Like the leech zombies but not the leeches.

If Marcus wasnt in RE0 it would probably be my favorite game. Well, the character could be in it as the old guy but not as a crazy anime opera character like he was. Alfred & Alexia are crazy in an entertaining way. Marcus was just bad. And i didnt like the Queen leech thing. Like the leech zombies but not the leeches.

:lecture

The Ashfords were bat **** crazy, but it's because they were part of a insane family.

Marcus was a groomed Ivy League genius who was killed by his students and comes back as a opera singer... right.

Marcus was a male Alexia clone.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCi3Fq3M7I&list=SP8323EF75A11244AF[/ame]

29:10 - 29:30

One of the most hilarious acts of AI ive seen in an RE game.

... I hate to say it... but a Reboot is about time.

Go back, and Start at RE0, and go from there.

and for the love of god, KEEP IT SURVIVAL HORROR.

If I Want an action game, I'll play left for dead, or dead rising.

Go back Before teh mansion, start at the events of RE 0, with the intent of making it the START of the series.

move from there to Resident Evil, at the Mansion. But to mix it up, Make the story evolve. First playthougth is VERY short. Player picks Jill, or chris ( Yes, Keep the same Characters) .

That story lasts a TOTAL of an hour, ending with their capture by an unknown entity.

Then playthrough with the other ( again, either Jill or chris) culminating in the eventual rescue of the captured party member, and full reveals....

then ANOTHER short playthrough with Barry, so we get his story.

And Fianly.... to keep the action fans happy, a more Actiony Story/ playthougth of different parts of the mansion and facility... As Wesker.

so it goes
Chapter 1 ( Chriss or jill) 1 hour
Chapter 2 ( Jill or Chris) 5-8 hours
Chapter 3 Barry 1-2 hours
Chapter 4 Wesker 5-8 hours

I'd play this. I voted for a reboot as well. RE 1, 2 , and Code Veronica remain my favorites in the series. With the zombie trend that we're experiencing right now including the Walking Dead fans, it should be a no brainer to launch a reboot now while people are obsessed with zombies again.

I'd even be willing to play something like ORC again if they slowed it down and fixed all the garbage that we got in it. Just give us 4-6 player co-op that is staged like the Walking Dead in Raccoon City.

I'd play this. I voted for a reboot as well. RE 1, 2 , and Code Veronica remain my favorites in the series. With the zombie trend that we're experiencing right now including the Walking Dead fans, it should be a no brainer to launch a reboot now while people are obsessed with zombies again.

I'd even be willing to play something like ORC again if they slowed it down and fixed all the garbage that we got in it. Just give us 4-6 player co-op that is staged like the Walking Dead in Raccoon City.

I've fantasized about that for years. The Outbreak series was like that, they need to do OB3 already.

I'd love to see the originals remade with optional tank controls or the RE5 control system.

One thing that always bugged me in the original (and even in the GC remake) that I'd like to see rectified would be that when you reach the end of the game, regardless of who you played as, both Barry and Rebecca should have been in cells and be with you when you escape on the chopper.

That would have left things open for new chapters following Barry/Rebecca in new games.

Just from a narrative standpoint the franchise needs a reboot. It no longer even makes sense. Umbrella is run by some combination of The Joker and Satan. It's time to start over put the horror back in this game and return it to it's roots.

Back