What do you want for the future of Resident Evil?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you want the franchise to go at this point?

• Reboot of the entire franchise back to the beginning with a new story.

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Remakes of the original games.

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Other ideas such as more offshoot games like Outbreak, ORC, Dead Aim etc.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
i did remake, i didnt play through anything after 4. i watched my friend play 5 actually but before that i only played like the 1st 1/2 hr and didnt like it so i gave up.

The first level of Leons campaign on Re 6 is pretty cool. Leons 2nd level is cool too. Then eveeeerything but Sherry sucks.

Resident evil Revengeance. Alice as the main character, weilding her kukri knives and ninja sword in fast paced action. Awesome boss battles to metal music.

It was a tough choice between the first two options, but I went with remakes. Reboots might be a bad thing, if the games turn out like RE 6.

I would be happy with a remake reboot same characters and mainly the same story that way they could fix what happened after RE4 ect.

It was a tough choice between the first two options, but I went with remakes. Reboots might be a bad thing, if the games turn out like RE 6.
Reboots would never work. Theres nothing wrong with the first 5 main games (zero to code veronica). Reboots would only serve to overwrite the canon of the originals and without a shadow of a doubt be worse games with **** loads of action.

Great thread shame such a beloved franchise that gets the **** treatment.

Yeah it is a shame. When you think back to the late 90's. The Resident Evil games were the cream of the crop in the gaming industry.

Yeah it is a shame. When you think back to the late 90's. The Resident Evil games were the cream of the crop in the gaming industry.

IMO they could never recover that magic they did on resident evil 2 not counting the remake which was creepy btw.

IMO they could never recover that magic they did on resident evil 2 not counting the remake which was creepy btw.

There was something so special about the atmosphere with RE2 and RE3. I always loved what they did with the street sections of those games. Like how pitch black they made the sky, like the whole city was covered in this weird evil darkness.

There was something so special about the atmosphere with RE2 and RE3. I always loved what they did with the street sections of those games. Like how pitch black they made the sky, like the whole city was covered in this weird evil darkness.

I miss raccoon city so much **** was going in that city.
but your right loved how quiet it was all you heard was your foot steps or zombies the atmosphere was incredible.

I miss raccoon city so much **** was going in that city.
but your right loved how quiet it was all you heard was your foot steps or zombies the atmosphere was incredible.

I loved the distant moans you could hear in the distance in some of the outside sections. There was just something in the air about how they made Raccoon look. Like all the destroyed cars and streets told a story of what happened. :drool

Raccoon city acted and sounded like a dying city.

EXACTLY! Like the soul was ripped out of it, like Hell was dumped onto it. Just so desolate of life. I hated in Outbreak how many survivors there were. I prefer it being 99% were turned by zombies or killed in the nuclear strike.

Q: What do you want for the future of Resident Evil?

A: Death!!!

:peace

:lol No, actually, I want them to reboot the franchise and re-incorporate the designs that made us all fall in love with the franchise in the first place.

Somewhere along the way (going into, but mostly after RE4) RE lost it's identity. There are pieces of it's past identity, that could be successfully brought into the present day, and which can be infused with the advances that games of today call for.

I love tank controls as much as the next 90's kid, but they're just not doable in today"s gaming world. (And I'm not talking Gears of War's tank controls)

Bring in the slower paced horror setting. Bring back puzzles and successful item management. Atmosphere is key. Recreate the feeling of being alone. If there must be other characters than dont make us babysit them the entire campaign. When they are around, don't make us micromanage their inventory. Let them be their own I.A.

I miss the days of collecting items and trying to figure out where they go. BRING THAT BACK CAPCOM!!! There is a way to do that successfully.

As far as story. Not all things necessarily have to be erased but things can be altered or heck... keep the same story but give us alternate story lines with different characters that takes place when the first 3 games do.

Let's find out how other people were coping with the zombie infestation. Doesn't even have to be in Raccoon City.

What I'm trying to say its, use the fluid controls of today's games, and combine that with the spirit of Resident evil of yesterday.

So option #1 gets my vote.

I would love remakes just as much as the next guy. But replaying those games shouldn't be the FUTURE of this franchise. We've already played those games. If their going to do remake, Great!!! I'll be first in line to buy RE2 and my favorite RE3!

But that won't solve the problem. RE's future is the problem.

Last RE game I played was 5. I did not purchase 6. And I've played all the mainstream games up to 5.

I'm going to buy Revelations as well. Why? Because that's what I support. Not RE of today, but RE of Yesterday.

But, but, Revelations is a game of today Noah....

Yes, yes it is.... but it pumps the blood of yesterday in it's veins...

The problem is that today's gaming market doesn't want to think their way through a game, they just want to shoot everything in sight. Puzzles and problem solving used to be the cornerstone of the franchise.

I find tank controls more unnerving since you can't immediately go for headshots and it's more difficult to get a gauge of where enemies are off screen.

One thing we can all agree on, Raccoon City never gets old and can be exploited until we are blue in the face.

The opening to Outbreak today still gives me chills of that old RE2 nostalgic feeling.

The shot at 1:15 of the zombie pressed up on the glass still is creepy as ****.

[ame]https://youtu.be/YcUl-sKiGdI[/ame]

Back