What do you want for the future of Resident Evil?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you want the franchise to go at this point?

• Reboot of the entire franchise back to the beginning with a new story.

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Remakes of the original games.

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Other ideas such as more offshoot games like Outbreak, ORC, Dead Aim etc.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
The problem is that today's gaming market doesn't want to think their way through a game, they just want to shoot everything in sight. Puzzles and problem solving used to be the cornerstone of the franchise.

I find tank controls more unnerving since you can't immediately go for headshots and it's more difficult to get a gauge of where enemies are off screen.

One thing we can all agree on, Raccoon City never gets old and can be exploited until we are blue in the face.

The opening to Outbreak today still gives me chills of that old RE2 nostalgic feeling.

The shot at 1:15 of the zombie pressed up on the glass still is creepy as ****.

So much yes! :goodpost:

Intelligently designed games are so scarce these days.

I think I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed the puzzles, most of my friends looked for walkthroughs to get past them, I was like :slap

But I don't really mind being able to aim properly, the problem is the developers don't balance that with let's say, zombies that twitch and shake to make a headshot difficult, that's one of the few things ZombiU did right.

The problem is that today's gaming market doesn't want to think their way through a game, they just want to shoot everything in sight.

That is a problem... A huge, HUGE problem. Too many games today are mindless. And since the success of Call of Duty, not only are games of today being made in that way,mindless, but gaming franchises we grew up with that have survived this long are being molded to fit that style as well.

Call of Duty isn't the problem. It really isn't. It's the belief that every game needs to be a carbon copy of that game. Which they don't. Game developers are afraid to be something different in today's gaming world. Not all but most...

And it's frustrating to no end. :mad:

Puzzles and problem solving used to be the cornerstone of the franchise.

Yeah, and that was part of their identity. What Capcom needed to do was evolve, not sellout. Everything in the real world that has evolved has connections or a resemblance to it's former self. Re didn't evolve. Too much has been sacrificed. Same Characters and somewhat same storyline is really all that's left. RE's core gameplay, it's innovations, it's heart did not evolve.

One thing we can all agree on, Raccoon City never gets old and can be exploited until we are blue in the face.

Well guess what,... I agree. :lecture

Call of duty gamers people buy call of duty it no matter what. 2013 people hardly buy games at full price so if the developer wants it to sell lets have it like call of duty probably what they are thinking.

I really liked the start of RE3 when you have to run down the narrow streets with the zombies almost overrunning you ans peace through that door before they all got you

There haven't been many games that make you feel the atmosphere or unnerved, the urgency to explore if for nothing else to calm your nerves was exciting and made you have to carry on even if you didn't want to. The puzzles actually were a welcome relief and i enjoyed having to figure it out

In fact i can't really name any recent games to do that personally

I don't think it's the gaming companies i think it's this generations consumers. I genuinely believe kids don't wan't these kind of games, they don't like them. They want action packed violent games where you kill each other with real things and you don't have to think about anything. It's all hand eye co-ordination nothing else

Our generations gaming has passed, this is the new generations and it will only change when they grow up to be our age and probably end up saying the same thing about the new games coming out then :lol

I mean how many articles do you see on the internet about how the gaming market is ****ting the bed with really low sales? They want to keep charging 60$ per game and I'm sure it will be 70$ for next generation games, but no one wants to buy these games because it's not a safe bet with your money anymore since 90% of games are complete dog ****.

COD is a cash cow, since you always get what you expect. I for one bailed on that franchise after COD2, I thought it was a great game but COD3 onward was more of the same again. The RE series has always been a big money maker, but the poor sales of RE6 speak volumes of what the fan community really wants. If they want to play a shot them up action game, they will stick with COD. RE6 is the biggest cluster**** game I've ever played. I can't even describe how many ways it went completely off the rails from the rest of the series.

Too many characters

Too much **** exploding

More monsters carrying automatic weapons -_-

Boring story

Too little time with zombies

Too easy to be well stocked with ammo

Again, no item boxes

Hardly any puzzles

The two main villains were pretty generic

The ever transforming Simmons of Leon's campaign

The ******* Carla at the end of Ada's campaign

And these are just some off the top of my head.

The games have pretty much gone down hill after RE 4. The series really has to return back to its survival horror roots, for me to be interested in it again.

This exactly!

I wouldn't mind seeing remakes of 2 and 3, similar to what they did for 1 on gamecube.

I mean how many articles do you see on the internet about how the gaming market is ****ting the bed with really low sales? They want to keep charging 60$ per game and I'm sure it will be 70$ for next generation games, but no one wants to buy these games because it's not a safe bet with your money anymore since 90% of games are complete dog ****.

COD is a cash cow, since you always get what you expect. I for one bailed on that franchise after COD2, I thought it was a great game but COD3 onward was more of the same again. The RE series has always been a big money maker, but the poor sales of RE6 speak volumes of what the fan community really wants. If they want to play a shot them up action game, they will stick with COD. RE6 is the biggest cluster**** game I've ever played. I can't even describe how many ways it went completely off the rails from the rest of the series.

Too many characters

Too much **** exploding

More monsters carrying automatic weapons -_-

Boring story

Too little time with zombies

Too easy to be well stocked with ammo

Again, no item boxes

Hardly any puzzles

The two main villains were pretty generic

The ever transforming Simmons of Leon's campaign

The ******* Carla at the end of Ada's campaign

And these are just some off the top of my head.

Back then a zombie was a big threat he has no weapons besides his mouth and ammo wasnt everywhere you turn times have changed to much for this franchise.

Miss those times counting shots panicking cause your health is low trying to survive.

Back then a zombie was a big threat he has no weapons besides his mouth and ammo wasnt everywhere you turn times have changed to much for this franchise.

Miss those times counting shots panicking cause your health is low trying to survive.

That aspect of ammo conservation was always in the series, but in REmake it was so vital to avoid confrontation as best you can. Like when you come to the mirror hallway, it's best to just avoid the two zombies without using your gun. In RE4 onward just have at it taking down every enemy...

Although I was so **** about never using shotgun shells, I would always make it to the lab with at least 50 shotgun shells. But they sure do come in handy for the nude zombies and chimeras.

Speaking of which, I may play some REmake this weekend. My GF has been wanting me to play the older RE games since she likes to watch. She's a good egg since she hates RE6 probably more than me :lol

Last edited:
That aspect of ammo conservation was always in the series, but in REmake it was so vital to avoid confrontation as best you can. Like when you come to the mirror hallway, it's best to just avoid the two zombies without using your gun. In RE4 onward just have at it taking down every enemy...

Although I was so **** about never using shotgun shells, I would always make it to the lab with at least 50 shotgun shells. But they sure do come in handy for the nude zombies and chimeras.

Speaking of which, I may play some REmake this weekend. My GF has been wanting me to play the older RE games since she likes to watch. She's a good egg since she hates RE6 probably more than me :lol

Your lucky my GF finds them boring running around room to room backtracking to me its fun i been tempted for months to play the Remake .

Your lucky my GF finds them boring running around room to room backtracking to me its fun i been tempted for months to play the Remake .

Well I lucked out since she's a massive horror film addict so of course the old school RE are right up her alley. She borrowed RE2 when we first started going out and she got as far as Kendo's place and got killed :lol She originally hated the tank controls but recently she went through RE2 and RE3 without much trouble. She's been playing the DS version lately and I haven't played it in awhile. I didn't realize hat it had the original GOOD OST in it and not that director's cut crap.

I want a real sequel to Resi 4 created by Shinji Mikami as it was originally intended!

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

Although I think he's better off on his own. The Evil Within is going to steam roll the RE franchise.

Ive never completed Remake as Chris Redfield before. But i started it yesterday, this evening i got to the plant 42 battle, got ready to " beat him " only to have him grab me and have to do the whole v-jolt thing. But i killed him without the need of any V-Jolt. I thought that was only for Jill. The shock of that happening was far more exciting than anything in RE6

Ive never completed Remake as Chris Redfield before. But i started it yesterday, this evening i got to the plant 42 battle, got ready to " beat him " only to have him grab me and have to do the whole v-jolt thing. But i killed him without the need of any V-Jolt. I thought that was only for Jill. The shock of that happening was far more exciting than anything in RE6

I almost never play as Jill in remake since his is a more challenging playthrough.

With Chris you really have to count each shot of your pistol and evade zombies if possible for at least a good 90 minutes. Its so long in the game to when you first get the shotgun that the crimson heads start popping up and you need to either leg it or stand your ground with a pistol fight and burn through some herbage.

On the other hand he does take less damage so the odd attack here and there still leaves you as fine. And for the earlier part of the game he only needs 1 slot for the kerosene as his lighter is a standard item he uses so the 2 less blocks is only really 1 less block.

I think ill complete the rest of Chris's story tomorrow night then do RE 0 again. The first time i did Re 0 i think it was on hard and i got to the training facility and i was maybe a hour or so in to that and i had to restart the game from scratch. Id wasted all of my bullets on the train which has the never ending cycle of passengers getting up as zombies. Ever since then ive only played it on easy. But im up for the challenge next time.

Last edited:
0 is pretty tricky to play, I've played it such a little amount of times I always need the guide to play it.

On the plus side of Chris's game is that he's got a higher percentage of getting a automatic decapitation.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWFghr-VxAY[/ame]

first ever time completing re remake as chris. thats the future of re

A remake of the older RE's but with the controls of the new RE games, is a thought.

Update graphics / sound etc...

As fun as that would it will never happen. If it did probably wouldn't keep the original music.

Ah well...

Just gotta keep waiting to see what Capcom will bring out next :)

I guess there is only so much you can write about Raccoon City.

:lol

RE4 was a blast, but it was such a departure from tank controls/awkward camera angles that a lot of old school fans hated it. I do take issue with it but I don't think it took away from the experience. But at least it did have horror elements. From RE5 on it's action action action and more action :dunno

I honestly blame the films on infecting the franchise with the action genre.

Don't blame movies, blame Capcom itself. They don't know what to do with their own series. Also they wanted the series to attract the "CoD" fans.

Back