What do you think about SIDESHOW hiding the Edition Size until the release ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a Customer should know the Edition Size in the moment he place an order?

• YES!The Customer has the right to know the E.Size in the moment he place the order

Votes: 78 67.8%
  • NO!I dont care if of the piece I am ordering, they will produce 500,1500 pcs. or will be an Open Ed.

Votes: 37 32.2%

• Total voters
Since this is collectible related i wonder why it was moved to non-collectible discussion :dunno

You must rub people the wrong way 8th wonder :lol
As I said before.... "someone" found it "uncomfortable" and hide the post in the most remote part of the forum.

does it also include buying 2 or more exclusives and selling it the day its released for a good profit.. who are sideshows real customers , the ones who buy to flip, the ones who like to keep one in their collection to just appreciate the product or are there more types
one thing for sure is Sideshow has grown into a much bigger company in the last couple of years than the days of Doom pf and cap pf.its growth has invariably resulted in coming of new collectors some genuine, some just to flip, some buy 2 or more just to support the hobby.(these most probably include the ones who just buy up everything sideshow releases and and then in a couple of years get tired of it and want to sell to fund future releases)
as for me , being an international customer i pay at least 1/3rd more than what a customer in US pays for an item , and flipping isnt easy either as you wouldnt even break even ..so in my case i have to be very choosy and select the ones i absolutely must have..
Now the problem is i cant make a decision the day it goes up for pre order, i would certainly like to see more pictures , opinion, maybe in hand pic before coming to a decision.
so the delayed TBD on the premium formats and open LSF works absolutely fine for me and certainly i think other international customers, otherwise , flippers would certainly buy up the lot and put up on ebay for triple the original cost.
im quite happy with sideshows polices as their target should be customers who value their craftsmanship and quality and not someone who intends to make money from their products,I know some of u will counter argue that sideshow has a lot of unsold inventory..and that will harm them, i think its actually good as new collectors join every month and will happy to order it, eventually everything sells out..just that some lot are impatient to make a quick buck

Tell one one collector that don´t try to buy more pieces of a "certain" item he think will become rare to have a profit and support his passion???

Comics, stamps coins etc etc etc

I know alot of collectors buying not just two but 20 pieces of the number ONE of a new release in the attemp to sell it later for more.

Seem like only SSC can make a profit and if anyone else try to make a profit it is a shame.

What you said it is correct, the times of the THOR PF, DOOM, Capt America PF are over,
SSC is a bigger company with larger fanbase and larger editions.... so how do you explain that the prices almost doubled in the last years???

Do you have noticed that SSC has hidden all the sold out items from their website so collectors cant compare the old pieces Prices with the last releases??

Tell one one collector that don´t try to buy more pieces of a "certain" item he think will become rare to have a profit and support his passion???

Comics, stamps coins etc etc etc

I know alot of collectors buying not just two but 20 pieces of the number ONE of a new release in the attemp to sell it later for more.

Seem like only SSC can make a profit and if anyone else try to make a profit it is a shame.

What you said it is correct, the times of the THOR PF, DOOM, Capt America PF are over,
SSC is a bigger company with larger fanbase and larger editions.... so how do you explain that the prices almost doubled in the last years???

Do you have noticed that SSC has hidden all the sold out items from their website so collectors cant compare the old pieces Prices with the last releases??
if people are ready to pay ebay prices then they can surely afford sideshows prices, do u think theyd be dumb to just sit back and let others make money off their product, ebay market shows there is a huge market for their products and any good business will tke advantage of it, making money is their first objective, second collectors wishes..

ebay market shows there is a huge market for their products and any good business will tke advantage of it, making money is their first objective, second collectors wishes..

That´s called commerce...anything wrong with it??

no thats what they do what they are doing, so y dont u stop complaining then,.:wink1: im perfectly happy with their policies.. thank you

You can also lick their feet if you like........
that doesn´t manes you are right.

If SSC will not change policy will be out of business in the future.

I was unsure how to word it... :p

More like if i went into the product page and i saw the number id be happy as i have the information. But going into the product page the edition number is not something i look at because mostly for me its

pictures
cost
specs

(In that order)

That makes sense to me. :cool:

You can also lick their feet if you like........
that doesn´t manes you are right.

If SSC will not change policy will be out of business in the future.

y?? just because flippers wont buy? who do u think buys from flippers.. aliens? and u can start your own company when they do run out of business because u seem to know much more than them about how to run a proper business :dunno

Last edited:
They're not hidden. You just don't know where to look :lol

YES IT IS TRUE,
WELL....AT LEAST THE "hand of God" hide this topic from view puttin in a NON-collectible section.
How "cheap" is some people....:pfft:

Last edited:
I order pieces because I like them. So I really don't care about edition size. It's just a bonus when a piece I like comes out and has a low edition number. Not that I am going to sell it. It's just cool knowing that I have a rare piece of something I love.

Collect to collect what you want and like, not because of an edition size.

What if I like and want things with low edition sizes?

For me the edition size doesn't matter most of the time but I'll be selfish and say that yeah sometimes I really like having something that very few other people have. I don't care that there are probably 10,000 DX Jack Sparrows but its cool that there are only 650 Exc Sparrow PF's. I understand why Sideshow does say TBD but they have to have at least a good idea of how many they want to make so couldn't they at least give a range (Edition Size: 600 - 700) so at least we have a ballpark idea too.

Honestly, people need to stop looking at collectibles as investments. The ES only matters if you're looking at resale value.

Honestly, people need to stop looking at collectibles as investments. The ES only matters if you're looking at resale value.

Thinking that what you are collecting one day will worth more is implicit of collecting "things".

The early grails of SSC were a BIG boost to their sales.
Seeing that a PF was available at 200 USD was then sold on the secondary market for 1000 and more did their part to expand their fanbase.

Then the ES of every piece growth, and the prices instead of proportionally dropping... rose.

It make no sense...... if you produce MORE PIECES you should drop the prices.... not rise.

I collect for the total package. Grail, ES, Price, Investment, Art, Quality, etc. And I'll make a few exception only for the Hulk or Batman LSF.

Back