What do you think about SIDESHOW hiding the Edition Size until the release ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a Customer should know the Edition Size in the moment he place an order?

• YES!The Customer has the right to know the E.Size in the moment he place the order

Votes: 78 67.8%
  • NO!I dont care if of the piece I am ordering, they will produce 500,1500 pcs. or will be an Open Ed.

Votes: 37 32.2%

• Total voters
No ES = No NRD from me... simply wait until the fakelist and ES numbers are up, then make a decision to purchase. Hasn't failed me yet.

To me it's just a number and I just want any, but I understand the need for some members to have a number, so I voted edition sizes should be stated before I buy esp NRD's

I always buy things that I want and don't look at ES much.
Now, from the manufacturer's perspective, they probably need to adjust their size based on initial demand. That is good for collectors because if there isn't much demand, then they can decrease size (becomes more rare). It is good for consumers because if there is overwhelming demand they can increase size, so that most can get it. But if they do increase sizes they should also reduce prices (economies of scale), which they don't do. Just my opinion...

I think I should have a right to know the size. If Im looking at a couple of pieces and plan on only buying one, I would like to know which one has a lower edition size so I can focus on that one first then try to pick up the higher edition size a little later.

I think they should announce the ES for the exclusive when it goes up for pre-order. I also think they should number the Open Editions. They could still keep them open but, number them as they come off the line. When the edition dies and is closed announce the ES. CM has been successful with that method. Even though they never officially announce a # George does give an approximation. That's not as bad as not having any idea of how many were made.
I'm not saying I buy because of the ES. I buy what I like no matter how many there are but, it's nice to know how many are being made.
It's also nice to know if an ES is going to be high or low so I can plan when I can buy it. Sometimes I'll wait on a piece that has a high ES. That helps with my buying schedule. NOw if it has a low ES, I'd most likely buy sooner so, I don't miss it and maybe move something else off my schedule.

I voted no.

Would i like to know? Sure
Do i want to know? Not fussed
Do i need to know? Not at all

When i order an item its because i want the item. I do not care what item number i have of how ever many. Some people need to use edition number in order to justify buying the piece. That is fine if you are on the fence, you want the item but it is expensive and you need that little shove. The people who cancel pre orders or see previews of items claiming they want it and then do not want to buy them because they find they are an open ended number are ... i dont know the word. But im sure its some kind of ego thing when you pit the collectible's edition number priority over the item itself.

I didn't vote because I don't like either choice offered. I wish the ES was listed but as I work in retail all my life I understand why it isn't. I would prefer to know if it is going to be an OE or not but other than that I don't really care. I want to know if its OE because I don't have to pay a NRD right away because I know it will be available later. I buy the items because I like them but I prefer they have an ES so that they don't lose their value as much as an OE obviously would.

I voted yes, I think if your paying as much money as we do for these pieces you should really be able to know everything
about it before purchasing. In the end it's not a huge deal but it would be nice to know. I really don't agree with open edition
sizes though, that bothers me much more than not posting the es.

I voted yes, anything over $200 should have an ES on principle alone imo.

Would i like to know? Sure
Do i want to know? Not fussed

Not making fun here, just,...isn't like and want kind of the same thing? :)

I voted yes. I understand some don't care what the ES is and that's fine. But I've always enjoyed the limited and rare nature of collecting collectibles. I don't particularly care for the TBD ES.

But whatever, SS will do what SS wants so TBD ES's for everybody!!!

Not making fun here, just,...isn't like and want kind of the same thing? :)

I voted yes. I understand some don't care what the ES is and that's fine. But I've always enjoyed the limited and rare nature of collecting collectibles. I don't particularly care for the TBD ES.

But whatever, SS will do what SS wants so TBD ES's for everybody!!!

Go Chargers! :hi5:

Back