What do you really think about the Grey Hulk experiment?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about the secret Grey Hulk ultra-exclusive?

• I got one and the method it was offered was fine

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • I got one, but I think a lottery would be more fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got one, but it should have been in the newsletter

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I DIDN'T get one but the method it was offered was fine

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I DIDN'T get one, a lottery would be more fair

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I DIDNT' get one, it should have been in the newsletter

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • They should NEVER have something so limited

Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters
jlcmsu said:
I've bought "0" Marvel items but I've bought lots and lots of SW and LOTR pieces. So SS has plenty of my money for me to chirp in about how they do things or treat customers. What I find funny is Bullseye keeps thinking SS needs to bend to him and his needs because he is in the EU. That's his main complain it seems. Not so much that he doesn't have the item but that he lives in the EU and the time SS posts the newsletter which is the best for them and the vast majority of their collectors isn't good for him. :D

Glad that your feeling sorry for me. :D Lets not make this personal jlsmsu.

Thinking about this poll, I realized it has a minor problem that should be kept in mind when viewing the results. The "I got one" part should be viewed completely separately from the "I didn't get one" part. There are only 50 people who could possibly vote in the upper section, and it looks like only about 19 or 20 or on this board. Also, we know that some have expressed the opinion that they might think differently if they hadn't gotten one, so that section does not really compare to the bottom section where anyone can vote and express their opinion. Not trying to start something here, I'm just saying look at this "unscientific" poll in the correct light. :peace

Bullseye said:
They haven't bent to any of my needs jlcmsu. You have a problem with me? You seem to be easily upset. I'm quite happy (with the exception of the posting of the NL with Sideshow). I find their product to be top notch. Maybe you need to be alittle more patient with me.:D

I know they haven't but it seems you want them to post the newsletter when its best for you is my point. I'm not easily upset except when I see people say SS has betrayed them or slapped them in the face as you said right away. Also you keep talking about how the newsletter wasn't up at a better time for you like it's the end of the world. Heck the newsletter was up at a normal time for me and I still missed it. So se we both got jammed but such is life. I just think you need to show more patience with SS is all.

Bullseye said:
Glad that your feeling sorry for me. :D Lets not make this personal jlsmsu.

I'm not.:D

jlcmsu said:
I know they haven't but it seems you want them to post the newsletter when its best for you is my point. I'm not easily upset except when I see people say SS has betrayed them or slapped them in the face as you said right away. Also you keep talking about how the newsletter wasn't up at a better time for you like it's the end of the world. Heck the newsletter was up at a normal time for me and I still missed it. So se we both got jammed but such is life. I just think you need to show more patience with SS is all.

I'm not.:D

I'm glad as you strike me as i nice person but alittle hot headed like myself at times if you don't mind me saying so. :D

Agent23 said:
It's good to see that both of the poll options of that DID and DIDN'T get one right now are leading the votes...

Shows consistency, that it was fine the way SS offered this piece.

I happened to be in the right place at the right time. I'm a big Hulk fan and Spider-Man, and I have all of the comics that McFarlane did on both comics (as well as Batman, and some Spawn)...

That said, if I can trade this piece away to get a couple other pieces I really want, then yes, I will probably do it.

My opinion, I ordered one before it sold out, it's mine and I am free to do with it what I want. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but, if anyone that wants to blast me or anyone else for that matter of trading it or selling it, is sour grapes...and needs to get over it. I'm not a scalper, I'm a collector. Lord knows how much I spent on my Sam & Bill a couple months ago...so, if I can trade this for something I really want. I'll do it. Otherwise, it'll just stay in my collection....

:peace

Good point. If you could get a couple big items covered, it would
be worth it to trade, as that is money free and clear right there.

JS

Lets play the devils' advocate here :balrog : I think an ES of 50 is ridiculous and just meant to recreate the hype around the Sideshow products again (like we have had with LOTR).

The hype leads to increased demand and repositioning in the market. This way their product wouldn't suffer that massive 30-40% decrease in value anymore when it hits the streets; and Sideshow could continue to hold on to the pricetags they are currently using.

Think about that *runs and looks for cover* :peace

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Good point, but I'm waiting to see what the ES on the Green Hulk
is to see whether Sideshow is dedicated to smaller editions.
The fact that it hasn't been announced as sold out yet is disturbing.

I'd love to see something like this for Hulk:

Grey Exc. - 50 (boy do I wish it were 100) :sick

Green Exc. - 500 max

Green Regular - 3000 max, or less preferrably

The 5000, 8,500, and 9,500 edition sizes are ridiculous even with
popular characters, and only hurt the overall collectibility of Sideshow's
higher-end lines in my opinion. If you're aiming for high-end collectors
then make the products being offered reasonably and fairly limited.

Discuss............. :peace

JS :D

Last edited:
SolidLiquidFox said:
I hope that the Green Ex is less than 400.

Wolverine Vs. Sabretooth Exclusive - 300

X-Men vs. Sentinel Exclusive - 650

Green Hulk vs. Spidey Exclusive - ????

If it is anything over 750 for the green exclusive, that is far to much, IMHO.

JS :)

The way I see it, people that don't get the exclusive of X item are going to complain no matter what method of announcement there is or how many exclusive numbers there are.

Case point, the only exclusive I've only really went after are the 1/6 Star Wars figures. People complained of slow servers and priority this and that and it should be faster. Fast or slow servers, there are only 1750 of those figures available. So those that whine are really those that didn't get the exclusive for whatever reason.

How much you have spent at a certain company should not matter. They offered something, you bought it, no big deal.

The way they did the Gray Hulk is fine. Find the hint in the podcast, first come first serve.

Isn't that funner than having something handed to you?

And 1 of 50 is a very nice exclusive.

EVILFACE said:
The way I see it, people that don't get the exclusive of X item are going to complain no matter what method of announcement there is or how many exclusive numbers there are.

EXACTLY.....That's why SS should have made more than 50...or none at all...Because they ,of all people knew what a stir releasing only 50 would make.....

Wonder why they did it??? Doesn't take Einstein to figure it out.:rolleyes:

Makiyu got it about right, IMO.

Setting the ES of the green exclusive to 100, will not change the fact that there are only 50 gray ones.

For me, the problem is not WHEN the newsletter was sent (I live in the EU btw), but that SSC was beating around the bush. As a customer, I am entitled to correct and clear information. At least, that is how I feel.

jlcmsu said:
I've bought "0" Marvel items but I've bought lots and lots of SW and LOTR pieces. So SS has plenty of my money for me to chirp in about how they do things or treat customers. What I find funny is Bullseye keeps thinking SS needs to bend to him and his needs because he is in the EU. That's his main complain it seems. Not so much that he doesn't have the item but that he lives in the EU and the time SS posts the newsletter which is the best for them and the vast majority of their collectors isn't good for him. :D

I'm sure they appreciate your business. Would it make sense as a business to take the advice of a customer who doesn't buy any of a certain line of products over the advice of a customer who does? You're an outsider looking in commenting on policies that didn't affect you in any way. But hey, I'm all for equality, so if you would, please lobby Sideshow to perform the same type of stunt for the SW and LOTR line and I promise, you won't hear a peep out of me.

I'm a EU customer and even though I dont like the fact that the best times are in reality for USA customers, I still find that SideShow is doing its best to keep us happy aswell.
I also like the fact that SideShow is doing nice stunts to sell their products. I might disagree on their idea of an exclusive. I'm sure many of you would like to swap the blinking streetlights regular exlcusive with the grey super exlcusive. But in the end, I'm still happy the way they did it. There will always be complaints no matter how you turn it. If they'd have sold it during good times in Australia, I'm sure the entire USA community would have been screaming murder. I cant go to SDCC either and thats in the USA. You dont see me screaming murder about that either.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Setting the ES of the green exclusive to 100, will not change the fact that there are only 50 gray ones.

Nope, but it would take take away the sting and disappointment of missing
out on the Gray by just a little bit. If the Gray is 50, and the Green Exclusive
is 1000+ then that wouldn't be very exclusive at all. Rarity is definitely part
of the attraction on some items, and coupled with a fantastic sculpt, it really
hurts that I missed out on this one. Seriously.

I'm trying to remain positive and upbeat though, and we'll see how it goes!

I've read a while ago that when weta line was just starting it started somewhat slow..Only when the balrog, wiki, cavetroll and all the stats started going through the roof did everybody start buying all the other stuff...Maybe this is the same ploy by sideshow to show ultra value in the line..the release an ultra exclusive guaranteed at least $700 to $1000 when first released and BAM everybody goes crazy for the whole line..

If this were true then they really didn't want collectors to get it but full fleged flippers so they will sell the items and Jumpstart Sideshows marvel line..

Either way i'm happy i got a green..=)..Maybe in the future i can buy a grey one..=)

speedracer said:
I've read a while ago that when weta line was just starting it started somewhat slow..Only when the balrog, wiki, cavetroll and all the stats started going through the roof did everybody start buying all the other stuff...Maybe this is the same ploy by sideshow to show ultra value in the line..the release an ultra exclusive guaranteed at least $700 to $1000 when first released and BAM everybody goes crazy for the whole line..

If this were true then they really didn't want collectors to get it but full fleged flippers so they will sell the items and Jumpstart Sideshows marvel line..

Either way i'm happy i got a green..=)..Maybe in the future i can buy a grey one..=)

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, it was the Fell Beast that really
blew the doors off and made everybody jump on the LOTR line.

The Balrog, Cave Troll, and others were available for a long while, but were
considered too expensive by many people at that time, and they passed.
I know - I was one of the dumb@$$es who saw them when they were
available there. :banghead What I wouldn't give to go back a few years.

daelith said:
I'm sure they appreciate your business. Would it make sense as a business to take the advice of a customer who doesn't buy any of a certain line of products over the advice of a customer who does? You're an outsider looking in commenting on policies that didn't affect you in any way. But hey, I'm all for equality, so if you would, please lobby Sideshow to perform the same type of stunt for the SW and LOTR line and I promise, you won't hear a peep out of me.

I'm not offering advice on what kind of Marvel products to sell. I was simply offering my two cents on how this situation was handled by both SS and members of this board. I don't have to collect the Marvel line to do that or have what I think be as important as those that do.

speedracer said:

And you'll find around 80% of those "flippers" in here. It'll be like a dolphin convention.

When all is said and done I think people that were really interested in Sideshows product got this item. You had to be a fan to stalk the SS main page waiting for the newsletter to be posted. Most of us don't get the newsletter immidiately as is. Either that or hanging out in the forums.

You had to be a fan to stalk the SS main page waiting for the newsletter to be posted.

I admit that, I was one of them stalking the main page waiting for the newsletter to be posted!:cool:

Back