what do u think of the prop size medicom gizmo vs. ronculus stuff? (collection pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if its worth it for the medicom prop size gizmo considering I have 3 gizmo already from ronculus. I know the ronculus stuff is 11 or 12in and the prop size medicom is only 9in. I'm trying to decide if its worth it to get medicom gizmo.

Pics of my ronculus stuff (minus greta on the bottom right and mohawk on the far left, Reptile Stripe and mogwais are all ronculus):

gremlinsmontage.jpg

C360_2011-08-1815-35-41.jpg

Prop size 9in medicom gizmo
gizmo.jpg

So is it worth it?

Last edited:
Re: what do u think of the prop size medicom gizmo vs. ronculus stuff?

If you're content with what you have, be happy and enjoy the consistency of your collection. If you must nab everything Gizmo, buy the Medi too.

I like him, but, $345, get outta here! I'm quite happy with my old singing NECA (I think it was NECA anyway!) one.

I have to agree with Rogerbee. The medicom prop is very cute, but for $350-$400 he better be able to get up, walk around and sing and dance for me! I also don't like the fact that he's only 9" tall, I absolutely adore my Ronculus daffy who stands 13" (from toe to the tip of ear) who I got for only a little over half the price of these.

No, actually Ronculus is way more reasonable than this medicom figure. I got my Daffy for Roughly $280 shipping included and he does AMAZING work, I mean, these little buggers look so real! I'm not sure if he's still actively making them, so you may want to shoot him an email from his site by googling Ronculus Maximus.

Wow, I think the Ronculus ones are the way to go. I didn't realize how reasonable his prices are.

Even $280 is a bit pricey for me, I rarely venture into 3 figure territory right now.

Never say never though, I've always been a Gizmo fan.

Even $280 is a bit pricey for me, I rarely venture into 3 figure territory right now.

Never say never though, I've always been a Gizmo fan.

You definitely wouldn't regret it as they're worth every penny of that price and more! I wonder if the medicom gizmo will have realistic veins in the white parts of his eyes like my Ronculus Daffy? Now that's a detail that usually gets overlooked. I also want to inform that Ron is a wonderful guy to deal with and lists one of his mogwai on ebay every now and then so keep a look out!

One day,

I've always wanted a 1/1 Gizmo. You can pick up recasts of the old Kaiyodo Mohawk very cheaply and easily, but, I doubt the quality will be good.

This collection was assembled in the last 3 months, Ronculus hasn't shown much interest in making more mogwai, so I had him make me a collection of them, before he quit. I will be going back to Ronculus most definately for my next piece. It took me a while but I was able to convince him to make me the Reptile Stripe because I was such a good customer.

Ronculus wanted to quit so many times before as a google search shows. ....But hey it doesn't hurt to try.

My Greta gremlin is a ultra rare Brick & mortar WBshop display piece. Most were destroyed when the shops closed. Love my collection so far.

This collection was assembled in the last 3 months, Ronculus hasn't shown much interest in making more mogwai, so I had him make me a collection of them, before he quit. I will be going back to Ronculus most definately for my next piece. It took me a while but I was able to convince him to make me the Reptile Stripe because I was such a good customer.

Ronculus wanted to quit so many times before as a google search shows. ....But hey it doesn't hurt to try.

My Greta gremlin is a ultra rare Brick & mortar WBshop display piece. Most were destroyed when the shops closed. Love my collection so far.

Personally, the reptile versions aren't my thing, but you have an AWESOME mogwai collection going on there!

Does ronculous's mogwai's have any articulation? What is his ebay account? I'd like to get one if he ever lists one again.

Does ronculous's mogwai's have any articulation? What is his ebay account? I'd like to get one if he ever lists one again.

No, his don't have any articulation being made of only resin, fiberglass and synthetic fur, but they are phenomenal none the less!
I just checked his site and it looks like he's still making some of the mogwai for sale, as there is a new gizmo on there for offer that I'd never seen before. He created the bandaged gizmo from the 1st movie (the was he looked after billy bandaged him up after falling off his desk into the trash can).

Since I'm not yet sure if linking to othr sites is allowed on this forum, my advice would be to google Ronculus Maximus and his personal website is the first thing to come up. I believe that his contact info is current, so just contact him through his site. He's one of the nicest, professional guys you could ever do business with.

Don't be afraid to contact him, because thats how I got my Ronculus Daffy and am so happy that I did!

Here's some old pics I found of my NECA one:

Gizmo3.jpg

Gizmo.jpg

I repainted his face and ears and glossed his eyes. I'm still fond of him and he still sings and dances with his original batteries in!

Forgive the picture quality, they were taken on my old camera.

Wow, that is an awesome collecting you have there! Very jealous ;o
I personally only have a NECA Gizmo plush which costs about idk under £10 lol

What you have currently is really amazing, I think the medicom one looks slightly more like the film (imo) but its not worth the price - not unless you have money to burn!

Have you ever looked at some Jun Planning gizmos? Saw a couple on ebay the other day that looked good ^_^

Back