Getting some bronze plaques made up for my props. What's a good size?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryofry

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have two glass IKEA cabinets that I plan to fill. The props are Ronculus Mogwai (with furballs), so I plan to have one per shelf. I really want to get some custom plaques done in the Gremlins font to accompany them.

I found an online engraving company that does plaques any size you want. I'm thinking bronze would look really nice. I plan to have each Mogwai's name engraved on each plaque (Gizmo, Stripe, Lenny, etc). I just don't know what size to order. That's why I came here to ask for opinions on what would look best :) Oh, and is there any such thing as free-standing plaques that I can just sit on each shelf?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Dan, do you have a link to that company making plaques?

BTW what kind of stands will you use?

Hey cryofry, I recomend this guy https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Star-Wa...310?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460abeb5fe
They are the same size as the Master Replicas plaques and he will
make them say what ever you want.
I purchased 2 of these in the past, the quality is great and for $12.00 delivered to Australia it's damn good..
Here are mine. Hope I could help..:)
P1030370.jpg

P1030363.jpg

P1030027.jpg

P1030029.jpg

I just had some problems with the Pastor Jedi guy, so not sure if I'd recommend him anymore...

I just had some problems with the Pastor Jedi guy, so not sure if I'd recommend him anymore...

I found his customer service very good both times. You send him the text you want in the order you want, he then sends a proof to your email for you to approve and the rest is history..
What bad experiance did you have Jkno???

My package never arrived. and when I asked what happened, if new plaques will be sent, and if we can split the costs he got angry like a spoiled little child, saying he will not take a loss on making the plaques just because the mail lost it. Thus I would have to pay once more for the plaques (some reduced price - I guess the discount price he gets them made) and for shipping, no matter I already paid for them and they got lost in mail. This is not the way a honest seller does a deal. I for surely will not order from this kid again.

Fair enough but I also think that it should be the buyers responsibility to demand tracking on purchased goods.
I don't normaly do this on $12 items but I usually make it a rule when buying anything on line over $100. If the seller refuses (very rarly)
this usually raises alarm bells and the deal is off..

Fair enough but I also think that it should be the buyers responsibility to demand tracking on purchased goods.
I don't normaly do this on $12 items but I usually make it a rule when buying anything on line over $100. If the seller refuses (very rarly)
this usually raises alarm bells and the deal is off..

I always go for Priority Mail, Registered Airmail or EMS - Express Mail, all with tracking numbers, for $40 or above items. I always send my stuff with tracking number, ALWAYS, no matter if it is a gift or a trade/sale/deal. I asked for tracking on my first deal with PJ, he offered none. I also went with Panther/Gatorbait for plaques before, and Kev always offered tracking - I know he has some family problems now, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered from PJ in the first place. But the idea is that as a buyer you should not have to pay in full once again for the items you paid for and never arrived. I could have made a paypal claim and get my money back in an instant, but instead I was trying to discuss with the seller a hypothetic situation if package didn't arrive. I'm still waiting for his package...

Besides that you should have seen his replies, all my messages anywhere (email, public board etc.) are decent and polite. I clearly stated that was a simple discussion about the subject, since the package could arrive tomorrow. No threats and nothing menacing from my part. My huge trade feedback over the years proves I am not lowering myself in declaring missing packages or going bad for whatever reason.

Anyway, I will stay away from this guy, there are other options on making plaques or plaque stands. I don't mind paying $1-2 more, but be sure I get my stuff, and not have to deal with an irresponsible seller who acts like a primadona, when asked to think like an adult.

Wow, those look amazing Nacho! Very impressive! I'm going to send this guy an email. I need eight of them. Hopefully it all works out and I get my stuff in the mail!

Thanks so much!

Wow, those look amazing Nacho! Very impressive! I'm going to send this guy an email. I need eight of them. Hopefully it all works out and I get my stuff in the mail!

Thanks so much!

Hope you'll have more luck than I did...

jkno, I ordered some stands on eBay that are made for displaying coins/shark teeth. They are pretty small, so I think they will be a good size for the plaques, I'm hoping. It was less than $10 for ten of them (the guy sells them by the bulk). If they don't work out, it's a small loss and I will try something else. Oh, and that other online engraving place I was telling you about, it didn't work out. The guy said not to complete checkout and he would get back to me on postage costs and stuff. It's been over a week and I have heard nothing. Luckily, I did not pay for them. Compared to the ones Nacho has shown me, they don't hold a candle. I just bought nine from pastorjedi. I had to tell him what I wanted on each one, the fonts, etc. I think he's sending me a proof of what they will look like via e-mail.

BTW, Nacho, I see your plaques seem to be in a nice black case/stand? Where did you get those from?

Last edited:
jkno, I ordered some stands on eBay that are made for displaying coins/shark teeth. They are pretty small, so I think they will be a good size for the plaques, I'm hoping. It was less than $10 for ten of them (the guy sells them by the bulk). If they don't work out, it's a small loss and I will try something else. Oh, and that other online engraving place I was telling you about, it didn't work out. The guy said not to complete checkout and he would get back to me on postage costs and stuff. It's been over a week and I have heard nothing. Luckily, I did not pay for them. Compared to the ones Nacho has shown me, they don't hold a candle. I just bought nine from pastorjedi. I had to tell him what I wanted on each one, the fonts, etc. I think he's sending me a proof of what they will look like via e-mail.

BTW, Nacho, I see your plaques seem to be in a nice black case/stand? Where did you get those from?

Hey mate, on the Stormtrooper helmet the plaque is stuck directly onto the helmet stand. For the Spider-man plaque I was lucky to find someone selling a qenuine Master Replicas plaque stand on ebay so I snaped that up.
Pastojedi also sells acrylic stands, look at this link and scroll all the way to the bottom. https://pastorjedisabers.com/plaques.htm
You will have to contact him to purchase some..

Maybe I should have ordered the PJ plaques from ebay with buyer protection, and not from a forum. Anyway if you look at my collection you will see that I have about 25 custom made plaques some even with signatures/autographs. About 20 of them were made by (Kevin) from Rebelscum and RPF, and they are higher quality than PJ ones. Too bad Kev has some family problems, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered from PJ. Some of the plaques I have from Gatorbait9696/Panther96

For plaque stands I would kindly recommend Rebelscum Store I got many plaques from them, MR versions or custom. Even the custom ones are very cool, really close to the MR ones, and in a way I prefer them to the MR versions. They can also make the plaque stands any size you might want.

Thanks, Nacho, I will look into those stands. They look A LOT better than the ones I bought online :)

JKNO, that is an AMAZING collection that you have. Love the display cabinets!

I found him arrogant and rude. I took my custom elsewhere.

Indeed. His nickname Pastor Jedi doesn't have anything to do with how he really acts alas...

Thanks, Nacho, I will look into those stands. They look A LOT better than the ones I bought online :)

JKNO, that is an AMAZING collection that you have. Love the display cabinets!

Thank you. :) As I said try Rebelscum Store for the plaque stands/holders, they are great, elegant and sturdy, I ordered a few more about 3 months ago and they arrived in a week.

As I said try Rebelscum Store for the plaque stands/holders, they are great, elegant and sturdy, I ordered a few more about 3 months ago and they arrived in a week.

I just bought ten from there. Pretty good for $4 a pop. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

BTW, I got a proof from PastorJedi on the plaques, and they look amazing. Can't wait to get them in the mail.

I'm glad I already have all the plaques I need (except the missing ones from PJ), so no need to go through this hassle again

I just bought ten from there. Pretty good for $4 a pop. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

BTW, I got a proof from PastorJedi on the plaques, and they look amazing. Can't wait to get them in the mail.

Make sure you post pics when you get them. Would love to see how they turned out..

Back