what do u think of the prop size medicom gizmo vs. ronculus stuff? (collection pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yes,am working on unboxing video of the medicom prop size gizmo! i will put link here;)
Since you have him in hand I must ask if he's really only 9"? Can you measure yours, because I may consider him only IF he's bigger then 9". I won't be paying $400 for him though....

To me, the medicom Gizmo looks more screen accurate. The Ronculus Gizmos look more stylized (kind of like his "take" of Gizmo). I guess it depends on which style you like better.

Personally, I'd go with the medicom. I'm just waiting for the price to come down a bit.

Can somebody who has one of these in hand measure it for us? One ebay seller claims he is 12" instead of the 9" size the manufactorer has him listed as and I would like to know for sure.

I was searching for Gremlin figure and came across this photo, is that the medicom Gremlin that little girl is holding? That looks to be lifesize don't you think? Unless Brad Pitt had a Gizmo custom made for his little girl, I think that's the Medicom one because it looks super high quality.

GizmoPitt1.jpg

GizmoPitt.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I remembered seeing that picture...
you know you're the daughter of Hollywood Heavy hitters when you get a $350.00 collector's item as a "Plush" doll...
:horror...

Having kids who enjoy trendy toys for Christmas, I can tell ya, that's not as high as it seems. :lol

Ron does some amazing work. Not only his gremlins but his other stuff is phenomenal as well. I have one of his critters and _it's the best replica around. I also have a minion from the Gate. If anyone is interested I would just send him an email [email protected]. When I was looking to get the Critter he had already completed his run and said he was concentrating on other stuff. A couple months later he contacted me and said he had some free time and asked if I was still interested so I jumped at the chance.
gizmo3.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

minion1.jpg

minion2.jpg

crite3.jpg

crite1.jpg

hi,love your collection, can i ask where you got the gretta gremlin from as never seen that anywhere, and thanks for putting me on to ron, just purchased my first one

I'm surprised you revived my thread. Ron's stuff is pretty awesome. Congrats on getting a ronculus piece you won't be disappointed! Worth noting Neca is releasing a latex gremlins 2 brain Gremlin life size piece end of may 2012. ( i ordered one!) I bought greta cause Ron wouldn't make me any gremlins at first. At first he wouldn't even let me order all of the mogwais and just what he had left. Well i bought almost all he had left and money talks, ronculus made me a stripe and more mogwai and my collection now is pretty awesome.

Greta is extremely rare. There used to be a brick and mortar shops called the WB shop I think. They had a lot of life-size statues of bugs bunny, Road-Runner and lots of other WB licenses. There's also a Gremlin with a suit and top hat that I do not own. I think I have a picture of one....

Sadly, when the wb shops closed, the statues were ordered to be taken out back and destroyed. I bought mine off of ebay fpr $700 usd

...and it was broken, the seller wanted over 1000 for the top hat gremlin. Mine was 700 cause it was broken. It was just the finger and it was broken pretty clean off. I just super-glued it in place and it was as good as new. I love bizarre collectibles.

The only thing I dislike bout greta is her hair should be green like in the movie, but I won't do anything to change that cause she is such a rare piece.

Yep I do, got these pics from the seller of my greta.

My ronculus Stripe and Wbshop Greta:

Last edited:
Can the Santa clothes come off the Santa Gizmo without damaging him?

I thought 9" sounded small for the Medicom Gizmo too, but it looks life-size in person. He's 12" wide from ear to ear.

I believe there were different sized props used in the movies, so who's to say what is actually "life-size" for Gizmo? When he was riding in the toy car in the first movie he looked pretty small.

I got a discount on mine from an eBay seller for $380 shipped. Take the Santa suit off and they're all the same. I don't know why some people are paying up to $700 for the version without the suit.

I was searching for Gremlin figure and came across this photo, is that the medicom Gremlin that little girl is holding? That looks to be lifesize don't you think? Unless Brad Pitt had a Gizmo custom made for his little girl, I think that's the Medicom one because it looks super high quality.

GizmoPitt1.jpg

GizmoPitt.jpg

Jolie and Pitt were 80's kids, so you know that Gizmo "toy" was their idea. That little girl probably would have been happier with a soft $10 teddy from Walmart.

has anyone talked to Ronculus lately? I tried shooting him an email with no response. I noticed he listed some new stuff in Nov and Dec last year. Now that I've seen one of these in person, it makes me want some :slap.

has anyone talked to Ronculus lately? I tried shooting him an email with no response. I noticed he listed some new stuff in Nov and Dec last year. Now that I've seen one of these in person, it makes me want some :slap.

I've spoken to him a couple of weeks ago and he is still making Mogwais. I think much of the time it depends what else he has on and how much spare time he has to do them. Sometimes he can take a little while to reply depending what he's up to.

I'm surprised you revived my thread. Ron's stuff is pretty awesome. Congrats on getting a ronculus piece you won't be disappointed! Worth noting Neca is releasing a latex gremlins 2 brain Gremlin life size piece end of may 2012. ( i ordered one!) I bought greta cause Ron wouldn't make me any gremlins at first. At first he wouldn't even let me order all of the mogwais and just what he had left. Well i bought almost all he had left and money talks, ronculus made me a stripe and more mogwai and my collection now is pretty awesome.

Greta is extremely rare. There used to be a brick and mortar shops called the WB shop I think. They had a lot of life-size statues of bugs bunny, Road-Runner and lots of other WB licenses. There's also a Gremlin with a suit and top hat that I do not own. I think I have a picture of one....

Sadly, when the wb shops closed, the statues were ordered to be taken out back and destroyed. I bought mine off of ebay fpr $700 usd

...and it was broken, the seller wanted over 1000 for the top hat gremlin. Mine was 700 cause it was broken. It was just the finger and it was broken pretty clean off. I just super-glued it in place and it was as good as new. I love bizarre collectibles.

The only thing I dislike bout greta is her hair should be green like in the movie, but I won't do anything to change that cause she is such a rare piece.

Yep I do, got these pics from the seller of my greta.

My ronculus Stripe and Wbshop Greta:

I don't think it was this actual one, but I bought the Top Hat WB Store Gremlin near the end of last year. As I'm in the UK it cost about £420 once I paid the import tax. I remember asking for one of the WB Store Gremlins when I was about 12 or 13, but of course you couldn't buy them. It was a shame that most of them were just destroyed though. It would have been more sense to have sold them off as there would have been plenty of interest from fans.

Back