What are the WORST Christmas presents you've ever received?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just some from the top of my head:

1. A pack of socks

2. An AOL trial CD

3. A used King James Bible

4. A Snickers bar horribly wrapped in gift paper

5. Nothing <--- this one annoyed me the most. Back in 2013, one of my aunts (the one who gave me the used Bible the previous year) invited the entire family to her house in the suburbs. She and her daughter gleefully took all of their Christmas presents from everyone, but gave absolutely NOTHING in return (they're millionaires, by the way). They didn't even have any food, except for the food that my mom and my other aunts brought to their house. They also had the gall to re-invite everyone this year. I was the first to bail, then my parents, and from what I'm hearing back, everyone else in the fam is following suit :yess:.

Weirds me out how cheap rich people can be.

I can't think of a truly awful gift I've received. I'm sure I have, but the only people who give me stuff are people I wouldn't remember getting something crappy from. Lots of frivolous giving in my Christmases; not a lot of insincerity.

I almost never get anything. My uncles and aunts and cousins and everyone else lives out of the country. So for me it is number 4
Even a crappy gift is nicer than an empty Christmas tree.
Spending the 25th with nothing to open is kinda depressing

Besides that, one year that I did get a present it was a poo plushie toy ... Wtf :lol

A card with coupons in it.

Like coupons clipped from the newspaper.

And most of them were already expired.

Weirds me out how cheap rich people can be.

I can't think of a truly awful gift I've received. I'm sure I have, but the only people who give me stuff are people I wouldn't remember getting something crappy from. Lots of frivolous giving in my Christmases; not a lot of insincerity.

Truly. She's the stingiest person I've known in my entire life :slap. Despite being very affluent, she and her daughter absolutely love to be on the receiving end, where giving is concerned (and I can confidently say, that no one has ever taken hand-outs from them, to warrant the attitude).

I've had varying degrees of bad presents over the years. Although, I'm not sure if it's insincerity, or just hardly any thought behind them :lol.

I almost never get anything. My uncles and aunts and cousins and everyone else lives out of the country. So for me it is number 4
Even a crappy gift is nicer than an empty Christmas tree.
Spending the 25th with nothing to open is kinda depressing

Besides that, one year that I did get a present it was a poo plushie toy ... Wtf :lol

That plushie toy sounds hilarious :lol. Most of my family's overseas, too. The ones that are here in NY are alright (for the most part).

Last year I got a portable GPS for my car :thud:

Uh..I have my phone and iPad

Yeah, that kind of sounds useless when your iPhone and iPad already have GPS capabilities.

A card with coupons in it.

Like coupons clipped from the newspaper.

And most of them were already expired.

That's even worst than everything I listed :lol.

My grandparents have Christmas with my Dad's side of the family and never invited me/told me. I never got anything while my cousins got $400 each.

I'm used to giving without receiving so I'm used to it.

I guess the worst would be not receiving anything from boyfriends over the years.

I do hate doing the Secret Santa thing at work and getting regifted items. If you're too cheap or poor to do Secret Santa, then don't do it. You're not forced to do it.

1. A box of Mentos
2. Child-size Charlie Brown socks--I got them as an adult and hate Charlie Brown.

Both were gifts from my grandparents.

My Grandmother-In-Law gives the worst gifts. No thought, no effort. Yet she expects that you break the bank and create something incredibly personal for her at every turn.

She gave me once: Three packets of Hot Chocolate, that looked like they were taken out of the box but couldn't give me the whole box; A regifted Christmas card that had the insert obviously removed so she could write "Seasons Greetings" in it; and a women's scarf that had been worn like 500 times with no tags or labels, frayed ends that I could and I quote "Give to a special little lady." She expected a huge thank you every time.

When it comes to her, I'd actually like nothing at all because it'd be better than to know I was an afterthought in the gift giving process. The stuff she buys to gift isn't much better but at least there is some thought in it for them.

Don't remember a Christmas gift. Maybe it is the culture. Mr. Green got mostly from company he work for, like mostly useless gift of alcohol and mugs. The feeling of giving is better anyway. Paying the household bills is a gift in itself.

I get way more out of giving too. It's rare that someone will be attuned enough to get me something that I love for the gift alone (and not just the gesture). It actually happened this year though. Utterly blown away. Amazing gift and I'm still in shock.

My Grandmother-In-Law gives the worst gifts. No thought, no effort. Yet she expects that you break the bank and create something incredibly personal for her at every turn.

She gave me once: Three packets of Hot Chocolate, that looked like they were taken out of the box but couldn't give me the whole box; A regifted Christmas card that had the insert obviously removed so she could write "Seasons Greetings" in it; and a women's scarf that had been worn like 500 times with no tags or labels, frayed ends that I could and I quote "Give to a special little lady." She expected a huge thank you every time.

When it comes to her, I'd actually like nothing at all because it'd be better than to know I was an afterthought in the gift giving process. The stuff she buys to gift isn't much better but at least there is some thought in it for them.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl funniest list so far

I don't recall worst x-mas, but worst birthday were these magnetic acrobats that my mother in law got me 20 years ago. I have no idea what made her think I would be all giddy over them. To this day me an my woman kid about it.

1243800P.JPG

I don't recall worst x-mas, but worst birthday were these magnetic acrobats that my mother in law got me 20 years ago. I have no idea what made her think I would be all giddy over them. To this day me an my woman kid about it.

1243800P.JPG

:mwaha

1243800P.JPG

do they do anything? :rotfl

Back