what are the pros and cons of a pittbull?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
____ it. Just get a baby dragon.

1876860_700b.jpg

What the heck is that?

One of my customers has a Pitt. I asked if I could pet it and he said sure he is the friendliest dog ever. I petted it for 30 seconds and when it started licking me I had enough. I stood up and talked to the owner for 10 seconds and when I turned away it tried biting me on the a$$. I saw it coming out of my peripheral vision so I got away. Get a Beagle. Smart and no one will sue your for anything it does. Not saying EVERY pitt is bad, 96% of all dogs bite.

I have had numerous experiences with pittbulls through out my life. My best friends parents in high school rescued pits and for the most part many of them were very sweet animals, and extremely loyal. However, out of the eight they rescued two had to be put down b/c for some reason they would attack woman, these attacks were completely spontaneous and unprovoked. All of these pitts were rescued so the violence could have been attributed to past abuse done to them, but whatever the reason a high school girl is still out there scarred for life by an unprovoked attack from a pitt bull.

I also had a bad experience with a pitt bull in my old apartment complex. I was playing frisby with my black lab and my neighbors pitbull came out and attacked my lab. I tried everything to get this guys pitt off my dog while he tried unsuccesfully to yell his dog to get him off. I ended up killing his pitt bull with a shovel, an experience I don't care to go in to great detail about. In the end my neighbor was evicted from the apartment complex, and had to pay numerous fines including my dogs vet bills. Basically I'm just trying to illustrate in this thread that pitt bulls have an enormous capacity for violence, and in my experience more so than other dogs. Only a fool would argue that pitt bulls are not dangerous. If you really wish to own one I would suggest that you make sure you have plenty of space to allow it to run around and make sure you have a strong fence to keep it in.

thanks everyone for all youre input and feedback past experiences, this thread got me excited and i feel very good about this to tell this old woman that lives down the hallway from me and she gave me a lecture that pittbulls are bad and attack other peeps like some of you said. i think she is just afraid if i get one and she sees it, so this made me think so if i get one but train them to be nice but one day they snap and attack someone how am i legally responsible if anything? its not like i abused or train the pittbulll badly it just snapped

Mine walked up in my parent's front yard when he was about the size of a kitten...tough fella and he would never hurt (as much as can be said for any dog that is) a human, he's great around rowdy kids and adults and he is good with other dogs....unless they show aggression towards him and then he will let out a spine-tingling bark and growl at them but he has never attacked one....not that he wouldn't if left alone in the wild. He is best friends with a 110 pound doberman and when they roughhouse the doberman grabs the skin around his neck to take him down and he just spins out of it...it's actually like watching an MMA spar but they don't fight so like any dog you just have to know what you have whatever the breed. If the dog is aggressive you have to be careful, especially with these because while their bites are strong, although I read where a Labs bite is stronger, they will never, ever quit if they are in a fight which is why they are used as fight dogs...and why they were the mascot for the USA in WWI or II. Just have to look for signs as to what its demeanor is.

thanks everyone for all youre input and feedback past experiences, this thread got me excited and i feel very good about this to tell this old woman that lives down the hallway from me and she gave me a lecture that pittbulls are bad and attack other peeps like some of you said. i think she is just afraid if i get one and she sees it, so this made me think so if i get one but train them to be nice but one day they snap and attack someone how am i legally responsible if anything? its not like i abused or train the pittbulll badly it just snapped

Aghhh your dog, your responsibility and liability. If your 15 yr old kid causes damages to whatever does he get sued or you? Answer is you.

You are all getting Quiggled, we know this guy is too young to own a dog without his parents getting it for him or he is not smart enough to train or own a dog.

All you have to do is raise your dog right and watch out for people looking to get your dog taken away. These people I speak of often own ankle biters (little mean ass dogs). My dog and I get harassed everytime we go walking. There has been times I had to pick my dog up until the sorry owners came and got their little barking demons. People with these little dogs feel that their dogs can do whatever they want. I actually walk with a metal pole (broke my wooden stick) now because I'm tired of these dogs running up on me. Also you might want to find out if you have to pay insurance for having a Pit-Bull. Pits are great dogs in the right hands. I brush my dogs teeth and I can tell he doesn't like it but has never tried to bite me and he's goin on 7 years old. A lot of people believe anything they read or see on the news. If you decide to get one I know you will be glad you did.

Really? A tiger can do more damage than a pitbull. I didn't know that professor. How can I ever repay you for showing me the light?

What about sharks? I heard a pitbull was deadlier than those too. Please teach me because at this point I'm so unfathomably dim that I may well cook and eat my own brain.

Ignoring the dogs on there that would be better classed as horses, as well as the other war dogs (akita, chow, and Australian sheep dog would be good additions to that list) no, most dogs do not have the jaw strength of a pit, nor will they attack with the same level of determination. Acknowledging all of the dogs you listed, there is still only a few that are worse or comparable.

:dunno

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, or who you're trying to convince of what. The first line of my post was that I have known many docile pitbulls.

Actually pitbulls are more dangerous then most species of sharks.

Pitbulls are great dogs. As long as they're raised with love but also stern discipline. They just have a bad reputation.

Actually pitbulls are more dangerous then most species of sharks.

I'm not talking about disposition or tendencies; just capacity to destroy other lifeforms.

Shark wins.

...I read where a Labs bite is stronger, (pitbull) will never, ever quit if they are in a fight ...

I had a yellow lab when I was a kid and he used to run when he got loose (spent a lot of time chasing that dog).

One day I found him in a yard with a German shepherd and a rottweiler. The shepherd was limping away and he had the rotty pinned to the ground by its throat. I called him, he looked up, and ran right to me with a big dumb grin on his face. Forgot all about what he'd been doing two seconds earlier.

well here is an update and a rather disappoint at that, so this morning i saw my landlord and talked to him about this and he said no i cant have a pittbull because there are old peeps and small children who live in the building and that got me upset because other peeps have other kinds dogs so what do you suggest i should do next can i take legal action against the landlord/

Cons - they could potentially eat someone
Pros - that person could be someone you do not like.

These dogs seem to be very popular with ghetto people and white trash people from what i always see. I suggest if you are going to get one, invest in a muzzle and leash, maybe a brain too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back