what are the pros and cons of a pittbull?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiggle

Super Freak
Reaction score
ive been thinking very strongly recently about adopting a pittbull and i dont feel they have a fair treatment stereotypically in the media as being violent dogs, so i was just curious to know if any of you have them as pets and can tell me the pros and cons of them? thanks!

:lol Your threads are great.
I read so many horror stories about pitbulls attacking kids and other animals I'd never consider owning one. They seem to just snap and never stop once they're set off.

:lol Your threads are great.
I read so many horror stories about pitbulls attacking kids and other animals I'd never consider owning one. They seem to just snap and never stop once they're set off.

see thats where i feel its a negative stereotype because you said you like many others have read about it but have you experience or seen it?

I would rather have a bobcat. That way if a pitbull tries to attack me, I'll just have Bob rip the hell out of it.

like all dogs if they are treated well and controled they can be fine, they have a bad rep cos _______s get then and treat them as a weapon of sorts, ive not had one but have known a great one, and seen some bad ones

like all dogs if they are treated well and controled they can be fine, they have a bad rep cos _______s get then and treat them as a weapon of sorts, ive not had one but have known a great one, and seen some bad ones

are you referring to the Spanish peeps because i saw that Youtube video also where the two pittbulls maul a small dog to death and eat his leg but i feel the negativity sways to much and that they are only being shown in the bad side

PITBULLS

PROS
They don't need leashes
They don't need water
They only eat once a month
They don't like meat
They love rough play (hitting is a plus)
They love children
They love children who play rough (hitting is a plus)
They're born potty trained
They're smart, not Chinese smart, but pretty smart

CONS
They pretend you hit them with your car and then sue
They pretend to be pregnant and accuse you of being the daddy
They call the cops and accuse you of domestic abuse

well let me ask this then does the gander make a difference is the males or females more calmer and easier to train

Pro's - companion, guard, pet
cons your new companion in your cell, your prison guard & and you are your cell mates pet, all when you go to jail cause your dog attcks someone

I've known people who have own pitbulls and treated them fine and they were the sweetest things on the planet. They didn't bother to clip their ears or their tails either. The dogs do seem to be more apt to be aggressive even within play than others but it all depends on the owner. Even those who breed them do not recommend the dog even in the best of circumstances don't advise having them with people in your home under the age of 16.

Now the ones with two "ts" those are ____ing crazy.

PITBULLS

PROS
They don't need leashes
They don't need water
They only eat once a month
They don't like meat
They love rough play (hitting is a plus)
They love children
They love children who play rough (hitting is a plus)
They're born potty trained
They're smart, not Chinese smart, but pretty smart

CONS
They pretend you hit them with your car and then sue
They pretend to be pregnant and accuse you of being the daddy
They call the cops and accuse you of domestic abuse
:lol

Quiggle's blood... or whatever runs through his veins is on your hands Devil.

well let me ask this then does the gander make a difference is the males or females more calmer and easier to train

Well if dealing with males the gander is pretty much assured otherwise it's just the goose of a matter.

also is it safe to feed dogs tootsie roll midgets since i buy a lot of those and id like to share them if i do adopt the pittbull

i owned a pit a couple of years ago and he was awesome and very sweet, guess it just comes down to how they are treated i guess, its just a shame that they get such negative media attention.

i owned a pit a couple of years ago and he was awesome and very sweet, guess it just comes down to how they are treated i guess, its just a shame that they get such negative media attention.

very nice thanks yautja did you have to get them as puppys to train them early on and how difficult is it to brush there teeth, do they put up much of a struggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back