What are some of Hot Toys biggest flops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shells075

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I guess no one really knows how well each figure has sold but we all kind of have an idea which figures have become the ultimate shelf warmers.

Ones that I can think of:

Roadblock
Mandarin
Tonto (probably the ultimate shelf warmer) :exactly:

And why do some figs just not shift?

^^ I was under the impression that both Hot Toys Loki figures--particularly the first one--had sold pretty great.

Angelica from POTC may have been their ultimate flop.

I totally forgot about avatar. Given the success of the movie and the unique nature of the figure I pegged it as a big hit.

I don't blame HT making Jake first, he was the main character of the film after all. People who didn't want him because they preferred Neytiri, well that is your loss because it is a fantastic figure.

Biggest flops are figures that Sideshow have given away for free with another figure. Angelica was one and Jor-El is another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

Power pose series.
On top of a bagillan iron man suits

I was buying parts from the first Michael Jackson release easily -- slim bodies with solid necks! -- and the MJ Icon was an obvious fiasco.

Then MJ died. Now that first figure is very scarce. As Lennon sang, "Everybody loves you when you're six feet in the ground."

Angelica might have flopped but like the figure. I think she goes well with the DX sparrow.

Back