What about old school, vintage Tron?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me the Disney Big Figure is still the best. I was lucky enough to get one cheap from the old Disney auction web site and without the issues mentioned before but I believe ET did a great job in the new one and I will definitely get it.

disney_tron-1.jpg

Here's some pics of my SDCC TRON figure.

SDCC_TRONVINTAGEFIGURE_005.jpg

Fantastic pics! Mine is still sealed until I get my displays set up but I can't stop pushing the button and watching it light up. Such a fantastic effect. How easy is it to put the figure back in the box once you open it?

To me the Disney Big Figure is still the best. I was lucky enough to get one cheap from the old Disney auction web site and without the issues mentioned before but I believe ET did a great job in the new one and I will definitely get it.

disney_tron-1.jpg

Man, that is drool worthy, an amazing piece. It's definitely a grail for me...

Getting back to some old school news, I did not see this coming and I shutter to say it but it doesn't look that bad (aside from the lack of Bridges likeness):

IMG_0433__scaled_600.jpg

Tonner Flynn

not sure how i feel about the Tonner. the face needs to be grey first of all. but i don't like the suit either.

Wow, this Flynn bust looks GREAT!

901222_press06-001.jpg

But 3,000 for an edition size @ $75?

Well when HT announced Tron this year, it was originally vintage Tron, so fingers crossed. I would buy the lot!

Fantastic pics! Mine is still sealed until I get my displays set up but I can't stop pushing the button and watching it light up. Such a fantastic effect. How easy is it to put the figure back in the box once you open it?

Man, that is drool worthy, an amazing piece. It's definitely a grail for me...

That is cooler than anything I have seen so far from Tron Legacy. IMHO they have ____ed up big time by not using the same organic/photographic effect on the illuminated details. The original has a beauty, the latest is too graphic.

I’ve been working on a Tron figure off and on for the past three years. Here is the head sculpt.

I thought of doing the outfit like the Tonner figure but in a light grey fabric. I’ve also toyed around with black light reactive dyes and resins etc... I'll post any developments.

tronheadwip01.jpg

Last edited:
looks good. for the outfit I think the best option would be custom printed material with the pattern on it.

Back