WGP's RAIDERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's RAIDERS Jones- at casters now!

I love that paintup proteus. Keep up the good work!

You shouldn’t let it bother you, some people just lack respect and tact when commenting on peoples work…………….

I notice any lack of respect in the forum frpm some guys,so i won't show any more picture for myself,WGP have a good amount of pictures if they want to show it,is up to them,and if you don't like my camera,you may present me one,it's christmas time Swsqwhatever.

Hahahaha ski does not hate you Peter he just does not know how to say "I love you" but he does mate ahahha.... I think the hats look great better than the ones I cast.. I would love to know how the new caster did it..

Also the tom baker head is a peach and even better in person...

Proteus... Please don't be offended by the Indy nutters on here they LOVE there Indy's so much and have been waiting a long time for their Holy Grail Indy head... You have done a cracking paint job..

It's so good to see these heads nearly out there. Sean, Ryck and everybody associated with this venture and worked so hard to give folks a cracking head and we are very lucky... Trust me my Indy has not left my desk since I did the first cast all those months ago... Hopefully you will all be chuffed..

Well done WGP

Hahahaha ski does not hate you Peter he just does not know how to say "I love you" but he does mate ahahha.... I think the hats look great better than the ones I cast.. I would love to know how the new caster did it..

Don't worry mate,I think ski knows what I am referring to and we have a mutual respect for each other. I respect his muscles and he respects my
Authoritah :lol

I think she uses a pressure tank and she casts it in a different material than resin. It's a type of plastic they use to make skateboard wheels from but I don't remember the name.

I think it was just the camera that needed revising!

Tried to see the work a little better...

indyretouch-1.png

FAKE

This is just a photo of Harrison Ford :cuckoo:

I think it was just the camera that needed revising!

Tried to see the work a little better...

indyretouch-1.png

I notice any lack of respect in the forum frpm some guys,so i won't show any more picture for myself,WGP have a good amount of pictures if they want to show it,is up to them,and if you don't like my camera,you may present me one,it's christmas time Swsqwhatever.

Superhero villain name! 76th Greatest Villain of All Time - just ahead of Proteus.

I cleaned up and enlarged the out of focus and small photo you posted - sorry. I thought that was a good thing.

As others have mentioned, some of us have been here for more than a YEAR and are impatient to see this sculpt in all its glory.

It was frustrating to see quick snaps taken in front of a monitor - that is lack of respect for your work.

Well,i finished painting these heads very late in the night in order that people like you could see how it looks,i didn't sleep too much for it,because i have a job too.
I didn't had the chance at that moment to go to the jungle to take the right pictures,but don't worried,you always can make your "duty call" to silentsurfer and wait another month for his gorgeous work...in every place are egoist people,like if you were the only one that waits...maybe you slould to send your own pictures to show us what you are able to do with these heads.i can't wait.

Well,is a nonsense speaking more about this,honestly,i also sent my own heads to silentsurfer since that his stuff is awesome.
I only tried to help those that as me are years trying the perfect Indy,with no delay,i painted these same day as they arrived,sure we'll see much better renders soon.Thanks to WGP guys that let me do it a also shown it.
They have stuff enouhg to show to theyr convenience.

Well,i finished painting these heads very late in the night in order that people like you could see how it looks,i didn't sleep too much for it,because i have a job too.
I didn't had the chance at that moment to go to the jungle to take the right pictures,but don't worried,you always can make your "duty call" to silentsurfer and wait another month for his gorgeous work...in every place are egoist people,like if you were the only one that waits...maybe you slould to send your own pictures to show us what you are able to do with these heads.i can't wait.

Well,is a nonsense speaking more about this,honestly,i also sent my own heads to silentsurfer since that his stuff is awesome.
I only tried to help those that as me are years trying the perfect Indy,with no delay,i painted these same day as they arrived,sure we'll see much better renders soon.Thanks to WGP guys that let me do it a also shown it.
They have stuff enouhg to show to theyr convenience.

The more your pictures were enhanced, it became clearer and clearer that you had done an amazing job on the paint. That was not apparent based on your original pics (go back and check others' reactions,) so please stop taking offence.

As I said before, the moral of the story here is, if you stay up all night painting a head, and are passionate about the subject, don't take quickie pics in front of a computer monitor and leave it at that. As you did. And if you do it, say "these are quick pics" and follow up later with better lighting/angles after you've gotten some sleep.

Please understand that you did not post paint-up pictures of an available sculpt that has been out there for months. Your pictures were some of the very first pics of the WGP Indy - in-hand, painted, on a body with correct clothes. So it was essential to do your work justice and also understand that dozens of people were hungry to see how the sculpt had turned out.

Not asking for a jungle trek. Asking for in focus, even lighting, and front view/side view/3/4 view. You see it in every thread. It's sort of a standard. If you admire SS, forget his paint quality and look at the pics he posts. Enough with the sarcasm and pouting - in future, do your work justice and also understand context a little better.

Christ, not everyone is a photographer and/or has a decent camera/lighting, I just appreciate the pics and the time he put in painting up the sculpt, no need to be giving the guy a lecture!?:dunno

Christ, not everyone is a photographer and/or has a decent camera/lighting, I just appreciate the pics and the time he put in painting up the sculpt, no need to be giving the guy a lecture!?:dunno

This was the first full paint-up (besides Pete's quick effort weeks ago) of a brand-new sculpt

This has been well over a year on this one, and following on the heels of the HT Indy storm. And finally this sculpt - which looked like a bullseye - starts to hit and quite a number of people are like "I don't see HF at all," "Looks like Dermot Mulroney."

What am I supposed to do? I ask for better pics and that's disrespectful? How? Especially in this situation? The sculpt which was supposed to be "the" sculpt was getting dumped on.

I was just trying to get answers - Did it not turn out right? Why didn't it? Did the likeness get a little skewed in the molding stage? Has this been a year of hope/excitement and $75 (or $150 if you bought both) wasted? Pics - clear pics - are all we have to go on. And to see the sculpt right there - painted decently - but in poor pics... is frustrating.

As I said, if this was a released sculpt we had all seen, it would be 100% different. Then yeah, it's "thanks for the time on the paint-up, man." But this is a thread that would go quiet for months at a time, then dribbles of info, a few quick pics.

And, as of this moment, we STILL don't really know if this is a bullseye or a miss or somewhere in between. A little like HT Indy was. So yeah, sorry for the tension. I would argue that the context warrants it. Others obviously disagree and I understand that, so sorry to vent.

That last image is looking good! More like that please :) Nice paint job Proteus. I think the eyes are the only part that throws the likeness off a little, very hard to determine if it's in the sculpt or paint. Maybe until we see more paint ups it will become more clearer. The rest looks spot on! Chew did a great job with this. Looking forward to seeing the smiling version painted up.

Are the hats available for sale on their own? Are these hats considered more accurate than hot toys version?

That last image is looking good! More like that please :) Nice paint job Proteus. I think the eyes are the only part that throws the likeness off a little, very hard to determine if it's in the sculpt or paint. Maybe until we see more paint ups it will become more clearer. The rest looks spot on! Chew did a great job with this. Looking forward to seeing the smiling version painted up.

Are the hats available for sale on their own? Are these hats considered more accurate than hot toys version?

The hat is designed for this sculpt and that alone. You see, the head isn't a full head, it has nothing above the partial forehead save for a large peg onto which the hat fits and was designed that way to keep everything in proportion.

The HT hat was designed to fit over a complete head.

Dont care about anything else now except for shipping notices.

Enough said....:lecture :lecture :lecture :rotfl

Back