Wgp- Nu-Doctor Who: Help us decide our Tennant head's expression!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP- NU-DOCTOR WHO- S5 Matt Smith a go!

Love to see WGP take on number 5

Peterdavidson.jpg

Loved Peter Davidson in the role, shame it was short.

Re: WGP- NU-DOCTOR WHO- taking your interest lists!

Right now we have him on our schedules to sculpt next month. Also, we love hearing what expressions you prefer, so keep letting us know or posting your wish-pictures. It helps us gauge!
-Rick :)

I'll maybe poke around for some good reference pictures. I wouldn't mind a little bit of a smile...

Billy B I think

Barlow did 1st,3rd, and the master.

Billy B did
5th,6th,Rose,10th,11th, and a couple 4ths.

Billy B I think

Barlow did 1st,3rd, and the master.

Billy B did
5th,6th,Rose,10th,11th, and a couple 4ths.

Yes, the same Billy B who agreed to make our S18 Tom outfits and Planet of Evil Sarah Jane costumes then bailed six months in without a word or returning any e-mails, hamstringing the projects and leaving us just twisting in the wind.

Sometimes people appear and disappear in this hobby, Barlow has been gone for awhile now too, he made an announcement he would be selling new sculpts in Jan, but then never reappeared, before that we hadn't heard from him since almost the previous Jan.

For most it's a hobby and work can get in the way or some if pressured will vanish.

Speaking of Sarah, hows the head coming?

Sometimes people appear and disappear in this hobby, Barlow has been gone for awhile now too, he made an announcement he would be selling new sculpts in Jan, but then never reappeared, before that we hadn't heard from him since almost the previous Jan.

For most it's a hobby and work can get in the way or some if pressured will vanish.

Speaking of Sarah, hows the head coming?

The difference was that this was business and not having the costumes done to support the heads means those heads sculptors don't get paid back because only a handful of people will buy the head without the costume, then they don't work for us anymore. The costumes should have been done last summer and we had to guess he wasn't doing them because he wouldn't respond.

It's why we commissioned a different Sarah Costume elsewhere. Each successive project failure also delayed the priority of our releasing the heads because ideally we want them released with the costume.

So it's a different situation than Barlow deciding to come and go, because that's his own business and effects only himself. He doesn't need to report to anyone. You don't know our conversations, but since I do let me tell you in this case Billy just didn't give a **** enough to simply bother writing back or giving us the courtesy of letting us know he couldn't/wouldn't feel like doing it any more which is just lazy and therefore rude since it was effecting other peoples income, and because I had told him I would get someone else if he couldn't do it and he kept telling me I was no problem and that he wanted to stay on. I gave him several outs.

Sarahs update was announced on the Classic Who thread yesterday. She is shipping to me next week.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that I hope no cash traded hands at least. Non communication is unprofessional.

Well, here's a couple different examples of possible expressions. Anyone else got anything?

99492873.png

61105748.jpg

thedoctormattsmithbyspy.jpg

94130355.jpg

79840909.jpg

35794417.png

53987469.jpg

84244959.png

82357238.jpg

I love the pics! Awesome! I love the smiling Matt at the table as one of our expressions, but now we need the other one. Keep ideas and pics (and votes) coming!

Also my vote for whech Matt Smith look from season 5 is from SlytherinPride pictures. I would suggest face of the newly regenerated Doctor with the more punkhaircut.

Man, I'm starting to wonder if you guys should consider doing an Amy head, now that the poo has apparently hit the fan with the BC version, to put it politely.

I say they just scrap adult Amy and give us the child version. Kids are easier to sculpt, right? LOL...

Didn't you hear? The thread has been temporarily closed, but BC just released some new photos of the final Amy figure, and the Internet EXPLODED.

Well, okay, not quite, but people on FB were very vocal about their complaints, as were people here. It just didn't look that good at all, at least not in many peoples' opinions. Bad looking hair, disappointing job on the face paint-up, and so on and so forth. BC has since removed the photos (and all the complaints made in the comments), and everyone is waiting for further news.

Suffice to say, lots of people are angry they put down money for a figure they no longer think looks worth the money.

Back